List of colleges and universities in Missouri
This is a list of colleges and universities in the U.S. state of Missouri. For the purposes of this list, colleges and universities are defined as accredited, degree-granting, postsecondary institutions. There are currently 67 such institutions operating in the state, including thirteen public universities, thirty-nine private 4-year institutions, and thirteen community colleges. In addition, many out-of-state institutions offer courses and degrees at locations in Missouri. Classifications are as defined by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
University of Missouri System
The University of Missouri System is a state university system providing centralized administration for four universities, a health care system, an extension program, five research and technology parks, and a publishing press. More than 64,000 students are currently enrolled at its four campuses. Headquartered in Columbia on the original campus, the extension program provides distance learning and other educational initiatives statewide. The UM System was created in 1963 when the University of Missouri and its offshoot, the Missouri School of Mines and Metallurgy, were combined with the formerly-private University of Kansas City and a newly created campus in suburban St. Louis.
|University of Missouri||Columbia||State university||Doctoral/very high activity research university||33,266||1839|
|University of Missouri–Kansas City||Kansas City||State university||Doctoral/high activity research university||16,944||1933|
|Missouri University of Science and Technology||Rolla||State university||Doctoral/high activity research university||8,838||1870|
|University of Missouri–St. Louis||St. Louis||State University||Doctoral/high activity research university||16,989||1963|
* Harris Teachers College was the City of St. Louis' teachers college for white students, and Stowe Teachers College was for black students until 1954, when the school board merged the two.
Private colleges and universities
Associate's (community) colleges
- Crowder College
- East Central College
- Jefferson College
- Metropolitan Community College
- Mineral Area College
- Missouri State University–West Plains
- Moberly Area Community College
- North Central Missouri College
- Ozarks Technical Community College
- St. Charles Community College
- St. Louis Community College
- State Fair Community College
- State Technical College of Missouri
- Three Rivers Community College
- Assemblies of God Theological Seminary
- Baptist Bible College
- Central Bible College
- Central Christian College of the Bible
- Concordia Seminary
- Covenant Theological Seminary
- Eden Theological Seminary
- Kenrick-Glennon Seminary
- Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Nazarene Theological Seminary
- Ozark Christian College
- Saint Louis Christian College
- Saint Paul School of Theology
- A. T. Still University
- Kansas City Art Institute
- Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences
- Logan College of Chiropractic
- St. Louis College of Pharmacy
- Higher education in the United States
- List of American institutions of higher education
- List of recognized higher education accreditation organizations
- "History of the University". Curators of the University of Missouri. Retrieved 2009-02-12.
- About the University of Missouri Extension
- "The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)". U.S. Department of Education National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved December 1, 2009.
- http://www.umsystem.edu/ums/about/facts/ 2011 University of Missouri System Fast Facts
- "First-day enrollment down at MSU". News-Leader.com. 22 August 2011. Archived from the original on 2013-06-30. Retrieved 29 April 2013.
- http://www.lindenwood.edu/academics/docs/institutionalResearch/LindenwoodLedger2013/final.pdf[permanent dead link]
- William Jewell College is private with no faith governance, after separating from the Missouri Baptist Convention in 2003. https://baptistnews.com/archives/item/2697-missouri-baptists-cut-funds-for-william-jewell-college
- "History". State Technical College of Missouri. Archived from the original on 2014-08-22. Retrieved 18 August 2014.
- Missouri public and independent colleges - Missouri Dept. of Higher Education
- Department of Education listing of accredited institutions in Missouri