List of colleges in Ontario
The province of Ontario has 24 publicly funded colleges, known as Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology (CAATs). In 2003, five CAATs (Humber, Sheridan, Conestoga, Seneca, and George Brown) were designated as Institutes of Technology and Advanced Learning.
Most Ontario colleges were founded between 1965 and 1967, after the passage of Minister of Education Bill Davis' Bill-153 on May 21, 1965, to create a post-secondary educational system different from that of universities. The Ontario Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology Act, 2002, indicates that the purpose of Ontario public colleges is to offer "career-oriented, post-secondary education and training to assist individuals in finding and keeping employment, to meet the needs of employers and the changing work environment and to support the economic and social development of their local and diverse communities."
In 2000, the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development authorized colleges to offer a limited number of applied baccalaureate degrees under the Postsecondary Education Choice and Excellence Act, 2000. In 2012–2013 approximately 74 degree programs were offered by 12 Ontario colleges.
List of public colleges
Note: Colleges marked with (FR) are French-speaking institutions.
|Collège Boréal (FR)||Sudbury||1995|
|Canadore College||North Bay||1972|
|Confederation College||Thunder Bay||1967|
|George Brown College||Toronto||1967|
|La Cité collégiale (FR)||Ottawa||1990|
|St. Clair College||Windsor||1966|
|St. Lawrence College||Kingston||1967|
|Sault College||Sault Ste. Marie||1965|
Ontario has over 500 private career colleges. These colleges are regulated by the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005, (S.O. 2005, c. 28, Schedule L). under which they must be registered and approved by the Superintendent of Private Career Colleges.
- List of universities in Canada
- List of colleges in Canada
- List of business schools in Canada
- List of law schools in Canada
- List of Canadian universities by endowment
- Higher education in Canada
- Higher education in Ontario
- List of Ontario students' associations
- Ontario Student Assistance Program
- Ontario College Application Service
- University Colleges, Ontario
- "Find a School". www.tcu.gov.on.ca.
- "History of Mohawk College". Mohawk College. Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- "Law Document English View". 24 July 2014.
- Panacci, Adam G. (2014). "Baccalaureate Degrees at Ontario Colleges: Issues and Implications". The College Quarterly. Retrieved 2014-02-10.
- Ontario, Government of. "Private Career Colleges (PCC): Frequently Asked Questions for Students". www.tcu.gov.on.ca. Retrieved 2021-04-13.
- "CCO Member Colleges". Careercollegesontario.ca. Retrieved 2018-07-20.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-10-06. Retrieved 2014-10-02.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)