List of commemorative months
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2013)|
The following is a list of notable observed commemorative months, recurrent months that are used by various governments, groups and organizations to raise awareness of an issue, commemorate a group or event, or celebrate something.
- Weight Loss Awareness Month
- National Codependency Awareness Month
- National Mentoring Month (United States)
- Stalking Awareness Month  (United States)
- Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month  (United States)
- Healthy Weight Week(United States)
- Glaucoma Awareness Month
- Black History Month (United States and Canada)
- Cholangiocarcinoma Awareness Month
- American Heart Month (United States)
- American Heart Month 
- National Nutrition Month
- Women's History Month
- Endometriosis Awareness Month
- National Reading Awareness Month
- National Frozen Foods Month
- Confederate History Month (Southern United States)
- Earth Month (Canada & United States)
- Financial Literacy Month
- Jazz Appreciation Month
- Mathematics Awareness Month
- National Child Abuse Prevention Month
- National Poetry Month
- National Volunteer Month
- Parkinson’s Awareness Month
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) Awareness Month
- ALS Awareness Month (United States)
- Asian Pacific American Heritage Month
- Asthma Awareness Month
- Better Hearing & Speech Month
- Borderline Personality Disorder Awareness Month
- Celiac Awareness Month
- Mental Health Awareness Month
- Haitian Heritage Month
- Hepatitis Awareness Month
- Jewish American Heritage Month
- Lupus Awareness Month
- Motorcycle Awareness Month
- National Bike Month
- National Guide Dog Month (2008, 2009)
- National Mobility Awareness Month
- National Foster Care Month
- National Stroke Awareness Month
Digestive Tract Paralysis (DTP) Month, 
- Arnold-Chiari Malformation Awareness Month* National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month (USA)
- National Guide Dog Month (USA)
- National Hispanic Heritage Month (USA; September 15 to October 15)
- National Honey Month
- National Preparedness Month (USA)
- National Prostate Awareness Month
- National Recovery Month (USA)
- National Wilderness Month(USA)
- Orthostatic Tremor Awareness Month 
- National Physical Therapy Month (USA)
- Eczema Awareness Month
- Black History Month (United Kingdom)
- National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- National Bullying Prevention Month (USA)
- National CyberSecurity Awareness Month
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month
- National Fire Prevention Month
- National Italian American Heritage Month
- National Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- National Hispanic Heritage Month (U.S.; September 15 to October 15)
- National Work and Family Month
- Polish American Heritage Month
- LGBTQ History Month (U.S.; October All Month)
- National Novel Writing Month
- Epilepsy Awareness Month
- Native American Heritage Month
- Prematurity Awareness Month 
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2015)|
- List of observances in the United States by presidential proclamation
- Awareness days
- International observance
- List of environmental dates
- List of food months
- "National Nutrition Month". USDA. Retrieved March 3, 2015.
- "Heritage Month Guide". DiversityCentral. Retrieved January 4, 2014.
- "Celebrate National Reading Month...even if your child can't read yet". Leap Frog. Retrieved March 5, 2015.
- "Celebrate Earth Month!".
- "Mathematics Awareness Month".
- "National Child Abuse Prevention Month 2014".
- "Parkinson’s Awareness Month".
- "Sexual Assault Awareness Month".
- "Centers for Disease Control and Prevention".
- "Announcements: Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Awareness Month – May 2011". Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. May 6, 2011. Retrieved March 29, 2012.
- "May is Asthma Awareness Month". US EPA. 2010-10-04.
- HR 1005, 4/1/08
- "BPD Awareness Month – Congressional History". BPD Today. Mental Health Today. Retrieved 2010-11-01.
- "Centers for Disease Control and Prevention". Retrieved April 22, 2015.
- "Lupus Foundation of America: Lupus Awareness Month". Retrieved January 26, 2015.
- . 2015-03-15 http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/Rights/MotorcycleAwareness.aspx. Missing or empty
- http://www.strokeassociation.org/STROKEORG/AboutStroke/AmericanStrokeMonth/American-Stroke-Month_UCM_459942_SubHomePage.jsp. Missing or empty
- "Presidential Proclamation--National Caribbean-American Heritage Month". White House Office of the Press Secretary. 2012-02-01.
- Gay pride#LGBT Pride Month
- "Proclamation 5219 - National Ice Cream Month and National Ice Cream Day, 1984". American Presidency Project. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- "Cancer Awareness Dates". American Association of Clinical Oncology. Retrieved 11 July 2015.
- "Presidential Proclamation--National Preparedness Month, 2010". White House Office of the Press Secretary. 27 Aug 2010. Retrieved 9 October 2010.
- http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/08/29/presidential-proclamation-national-wilderness-month-2014 National Wilderness Month
- - http://www.apta.org/NPTM/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=october-national-physical-therapy-month
- "Presidential Proclamation--National Cybersecurity Awareness Month". White House Office of the Press Secretary. Retrieved 9 October 2010.
- "October is National Work and Family Month". Alliance for Work-Life Progress. 2011-10-01.
- "Epilepsy Awareness Month".
- "Native American Heritage Month".