List of companies and cities in Africa that manufacture cement
This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: layout (June 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- 1 Countries
- 1.1 Angola
- 1.2 Benin
- 1.3 Burundi
- 1.4 Botswana
- 1.5 Burkina Faso
- 1.6 Cameroon
- 1.7 CAR
- 1.8 Congo Brazzaville
- 1.9 Congo Kinshasa
- 1.10 Côte d'Ivoire
- 1.11 Djibouti
- 1.12 Egypt
- 1.13 Eritrea
- 1.14 Equatorial Guinea
- 1.15 Gabon
- 1.16 Ghana
- 1.17 Guinea
- 1.18 Kenya
- 1.19 Liberia
- 1.20 Libya
- 1.21 Malawi
- 1.22 Mali
- 1.23 Mauritania
- 1.24 Mauritius
- 1.25 Morocco
- 1.26 Mozambique
- 1.27 Namibia
- 1.28 Niger
- 1.29 Nigeria
- 1.30 Rwanda
- 1.31 Senegal
- 1.32 Sierra Leone
- 1.33 South Africa
- 1.34 Sudan
- 1.35 Tanzania
- 1.36 Togo
- 1.37 Tunisia
- 1.38 Uganda
- 1.39 Zambia
- 1.40 Zimbabwe
- 2 See also
- 3 External links
- 4 References
- Lobitoo - proposal 2006
- Nova Cimangola - state-owned cement company based in Luanda, associated with Scancem and Heidelberg Cement
- Burundi Cement Company - (BUCECO)...
- Douala - port - cement works
- Yaoundé - national capital - cement works
- Douala - cement works
- existing owned by LaFarge of France.
- Bélabo - concrete sleepers
- Djibouti Cement SARL under construction, other import of 150,000MTPA for local consumption
Egypt is one of the greatest cement producers all over the world and the leading country in the middle East,Africa, and the Arabian Region with a total production capacity of 50 million tons of cement.
- Italcementi Group, Cairo; 5 plants, 3 business units; Suez Cement Plant,Qattamya Cement Plant, Tourah Cement Plant, Helwan Cement Plant, and the white Plant on Al Minya.
- Egyptian Cement Company recently became Lafarge Cement Egypt with a total production capacity of about 10 million tons of cement coming from five lines designed and manufactured by POLYSIUS FRANCE, LCE arranged as the second plant all over the world on the cement production.
- Sinai White Cement Portland.
- Misr-Beni Suef.
- Cemex (Asuit Cement Comopany) .
- El Ammriya Cement Company.
- Titan Cement Company with two plants, one located in Alexandria and another in Beni-Suef.
- Al Arabia for cement.
- Al Sweedy for Cement.
- South-Valley for Cement.
- The National Cement Company.
- Arabian Cement Company.
And still more plants are under construction.
- Malabo - Cement Works COMERCIAL OKOMAR, S.A.
Construction has been booming in Ethiopia for last years. Ethiopia has 20 cement factories which are producing commonly OPC, AND PPC, cement. There are other two cement factories are in pipeline. Production captivity( Ethiopian reporter, 2017) is increased to 15 m m, but consumption is only 6 m mt.
- Ghana Cement 97% market share 
- Diamond Cement Ghana - 2001; railway siding Diamond Cement Ghana at Aflao near Lomé
- Buipe proposed 
- Ghacem, a subsidiary of Scancem and Heidelberg Cement, with operations in the port city of Tema 
"Ghacem" is same as "Ghana Cement", and does not have 97% market share anymore because Buipe plant has been built, and is not really a subsidiary of Scancem, because Scancem is owned by Heidelberg Cement, and has two plants in Ghana : one in Tema, which was upgraded in November 2012 from 1.2 million tons per year to 2.2 Mton/year, and one in Sekondi-Takoradi which can produce 1.2 Mton/year.
Diamond Cement Guinea S.A [(Kagbelen)]
- Athi River Mining, Nairobi
- Lafarge Bamburi Cement of Mombasa and Nairobi
- Marich - proposed 2009
- South Africa Portland Cement
- East African Portland Cement Co. Ltd
- National cement co. Ltd
- Mombasa cement co. Ltd
- Savanna cement co.ltd
- Simba cement co.ltd
- Rhino cement co. ltd
- Diamond Cements .S.A.Bamako
- Total production is 6.6 million tons in 1996.
- Casablanca 
- Ciments du Maroc, Italcementi Group, of Casablanca w/production: Agadir, Safi, Marrakech, Laayoune, Jorf Lasfar.
- Cimentos de Mozambique, subsidiary of Portuguese company Cimpor  at Matola 
- Dondo - also concrete sleeper plant
- Karibib - proposed 2008
- Otavi - Ohorongo Cement, under construction 2010; rail siding 
- Niamey - SNC - SOCIÉTÉ NIGÉRIENNE DE CIMENTERIE
- Bauchi-Gwana Cement, Alkaeri L.G.A. Bauchi (subsidiary of Cretent Intl)
- Bua Cement, Ukpilla Former Edo cement, near Benin City
- Cement Company of Northern Nigeria, also known as Sokoto Cement, with 6 offices in northern states 
- Dangote Cement 
- Benue Cement Company (now under Dangote group)
- Obajana cement factory (Dangote group), Obajana, Kogi State
- Obajana cement factory (Dangote group), Ibeshe, Ogun state
- Lafarge 
- Nigerian Cement 
- Rwanda Cement Factory (CIMERWA) 
- Societe Commerciale de Transport et d'Industrie (SUARL) in Dakar
- Sococim Industries, Rufisque 
- Ciments du Sahel, Polysius AG subsidiary, Kirène - to be expanded in 2008 
- Dangote Cement 
- Hercules (Pretoria) - Jupiter (Johannesburg) - Dwaalboom - Slurry - De Hoek - Riebeeck West - Port Elizabeth - Saldanha (Slag Grinding Only)
- Sephaku Cement
- Aganang (Lichtenburg) - Delmas (Grinding Station)
- Lafarge Cement
- Lichtenburg - Randfontein (Grinding Station) - Richards Bay (Grinding Station)
- Dudfield (Lichtenburg) - Ulco (Kimberly) - Roodepoort (Grinding Station) - Vanderbijlpark (Slag Grinding & Blending Station) - Brakpan (Blending Station)
- NPC Cimpor
- Simuma - Coedmore - Newcastle (Slag grinding and cement blending plant)
- Aslan Cement Factory  - rail junction - river in Khartoum Region
- Rabak - rail junction - river
- Atbara - rail junction - river in atbara Region
- Proposed 2008
- Mbeya Cement in Mbeya 
- Tanga Cement in Tanga
- Twiga Cement in Dar es Salaam
- Athi River Mining in Dar es Salaam & Tanga
- Nyati Cement in Dar es Salaam
- KIlwa Cement in asoko- Lindi
- Kisarawe Cement in Dar Es Salaam
- Camel Cement in Dar es Salaam]
- Kilimanjaro cement in Moshi]
- Dangote Cement in Mtwara]
- Benzert privatized in 1997 
- La société des Ciments Artificiels Tunisiens « CAT » part of Italian group «COLACEM », based in Tunis
- La société des Ciments de Jbel Oust « CJO » from the Brazilian group « Votorantim Cimentos », based in Jbel Oust
- La société des Ciments d'Enfidha « CE » from the Spanish group « UNILAND », based in Enfidha
- La société des Ciments de Gabès « SCG » from the Portuguese group «SECIL », based in Gabès
- La SOTACIB, White cement production plant, from the Spanish group « PRASA », based in Tunis
- Moroto Cement Limited at Moroto, in Moroto District (34% marketshare)
- Tororo Cement Limited at Tororo, in Tororo District (34% marketshare)
- Hima Cement Limited at Hima, in Kasese District (32% marketshare)
- Kampala Cement Company Limited at Namataba, Mukono District (Since 2015 - Too new to rate).
- Lafarge Cement Zambia in Chilanga, Ndola
- AMAKA Cement (http://www.scirocco.com.zm/)
- Zambezi Portland Cement (Ndola)
- Dangote (Ndola) (New Entrant into Zambian market, Breaking ground in 2012 with expected production start up in 2015)
- Lafarge Cement Zimbabwe, formerly Circle Cement, Harare
- Unicem, fully owned by PPC Cement
- Colleen Bawn
Sino Zimbabwe Cement Company
- "The domestic economy: Portuguese company is to build a cement factory - Country Report Angola March 2006 Country Report". Eiu.ecnext.com. Archived from the original on 2011-07-10. Retrieved 2011-02-22.
- "Das Portal der Republik Angola". Botschaftangola.de. Archived from the original on 2011-01-20. Retrieved 2011-02-22.
- "Organisation Record - Benin". afdevinfo.com.
- "About Africa Action / Africa Policy E-Journal / Burundi: Recent Documents". U.S. Committee for Refugees. January 15, 1997. Archived from the original (Press Release) on 2008-08-20.
- "About PPC > Company Structure". PPC.co.za.
- "::.::.:: Bienvenue sur". Apanews.net. Retrieved 2011-02-22.[permanent dead link]
- "Nubian Cheetah: Korean-led group to build Cameroon cement plant". Nubiancheetah.blogspot.com. 2008-01-22. Retrieved 2011-02-22.
- "Central African Republic: Cement - Bangui Negotiates Supply". Emmanuel Kendemeh, AllAfrica.com, 28 April 2008.
- "The Mineral Industry of Congo (Brazzaville) in 2005" (PDF). Retrieved 2011-02-22.
- "Italcementi Group". italcementigroup.com. Archived from the original on 2009-03-30.
- "China New Era International". Cnme.com.cn. Retrieved 2011-02-22.
- Ethiopian reporter, adds fortune, 2017
- "Areas & Countries " Africa-Mediterranean Basin " Africa". Heidelberg Cement Global.
- "The Mineral Industry of Gabon in 1999" (PDF). Retrieved 2011-02-22.
- "Editorial: What must be done on cement price crisis? | Press Review 2007-04-03". Ghanaweb.com. 2007-04-03. Retrieved 2011-02-22.
- "President inaugurates Diamond Cement Factory". GNA - Ghana News Agency. 29 September 2004.
- "Information Gateway to Ghana - .:: Lets make Ghana ::". Ghana Today. Archived from the original on 2011-01-02. Retrieved 2011-02-22.
- "Ghana - HeidelbergCement in Africa". Heidelbergcement.com. 2006-12-04. Retrieved 2011-02-22.
- "Ghacem increases production capacity" source: thebftonline.com . 2012 November 30 .
- "The Mineral Industries of Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone". Thomas R. Yager. Section 17.4 U.S. Geological Survey Minerals Yearbook. 2002. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "Athi River Mining — Mon, February 21, 2011 ~ Nairobi Stock Exchange, Portfolio Manager, Personalized Information, Superior Analysis Tools, News, Nairobi Stock Exchange". Mystocks.co.ke. Retrieved 2011-02-22.
- Bamburi Cement Limited. LaFarge.
- railwaysafricaeditor (2009-09-14). "New Kenya Cement Railway". Railways Africa. Retrieved 2011-02-22.
- Railway Gazette International June 2012, p31
- "Rail, Rail Anchors, Fasteners and Sleepers Gallery". Railway Technology. Retrieved 2011-02-22.
- "Blantyre Cement Plant". Nyasa Times.[dead link]
- "Lafarge Cement Ltd. (Port Louis, Mauritius) | Port Louis, Mauritius | Company Profile, Research, News, Information, Contacts". Goliath.ecnext.com. Retrieved 2011-02-22.
- firstname.lastname@example.org. "industry morocco,industry casablanca,industry rabat" (in French). 1stmaroc.com. Retrieved 2011-02-22.
- "Italcementi Group". Ciments du Maroc. 2010-03-18. Retrieved 2011-02-22.
- "Cimentos de Mozambique". CimPor.pt.
- "Mozambique News Agency - AIM Reports". Poptel.org.uk. Retrieved 2011-02-22.
- "Namibia: Cement Factory to Be Opened at Karibib". 16 July 2008. AllAfrica.com
- "Cement plant Ohorongo". Economist.com.na. Archived February 13, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- "German firm to construct US$350 million Cemtn Plant in Namibia". AfriquenLigne.fr. August 14, 2008. Archived August 17, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- Marketplace. Namibian.com.na. August 2007. Archived 2007-08-15 at Archive.is
- "Namibian Rail Developments Near Otavi". Railways Africa. March 15, 2010. Archived from the original on June 29, 2010. Retrieved 2011-02-22.
- BikSpec. bikspec.com.
- "worldwide < Profile < Group". Lafarge. Retrieved 2011-02-22.
- "Ashaka Cement". dangote-groupng.com.com.
- "Home : Lafarge - Cement, concrete, aggregates and gypsum". Lafargewapco.com. Retrieved 2011-02-22.
- "Nigerian Cement". dangote-groupng.com.
- "Rwanda: Second Cement Factory Planned". John Gahamanyi, 18 December 2007. AllAfrica.com.(subscription required)
- "Cement Works | Societe Commerciale De Transport Et D'Industrie - Suarl (Dakar)". Senegalphonebook.com. Retrieved 2011-02-22.
- Africa South of the Sahara 2004 - Google Books. Books.google.com.au. Retrieved 2011-02-22.
- "Cement Report 06/07" (PDF). Polysius AG, ThyssenKrupp Technologies.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-07-15. Retrieved 2015-07-15.
- "(Cement, Lime, Aggregates) - Welcome to the PPC website". PPC. Retrieved 2011-02-22.
- "The Mineral Industry of Sudan" (PDF). Thomas R. Yager. USGS.gov. 2001.
- Article. SiloBreaker.com[dead link]
- "Mbeya Cement - Company profile & brands". Transnationale.org. Retrieved 2011-02-22.
- "Cement Works - Togolese Republic". Togophonebook.com. Retrieved 2011-02-22.
- "Projects - Togo : Cimao Regional Clinker Project". Web.worldbank.org. Retrieved 2011-02-22.
- "Tunisia chooses French bank to carry out privatization of two cement factories". Arabicnews.com. Archived from the original on 2012-02-14. Retrieved 2011-02-22.
- "Cement Industry in Tunisia". AUCBM.org. 2009. Archived from the original on 2011-05-27. Retrieved 2011-06-29.
- Current Capacity At 1,000,000 Metric Tonnes Annually
- Cement. Open Society Institute.[dead link]
- "Lafarge Cement Zambia Plc: LUS:LAFARGE quotes & news - Google Finance". Finance.google.com. 2010-06-23. Retrieved 2011-02-22.
- "Lafarge Cement Zimbabwe Limited: ZIM:LACZ quotes & news - Google Finance". Finance.google.com. Retrieved 2011-02-22.