List of companies of Abkhazia
Abkhazia is a partially recognised state on the eastern coast of the Black Sea and the south-western flank of the Caucasus, south of Russia and northwest of Georgia proper. Its capital is Sukhumi. The separatist Abkhazian polity, formally the Republic of Abkhazia or Apsny, is recognised only by Russia and a small number of other countries. While Georgia lacks control over Abkhazia, the Georgian government, the United Nations and the majority of the world's governments consider Abkhazia part of Georgia, whose constitution designates the area the Autonomous Republic of Abkhazia.
The economy of Abkhazia is heavily integrated with Russia and uses the Russian ruble as its currency. Abkhazia has experienced a modest economic upswing since the 2008 South Ossetia war and Russia's subsequent recognition of Abkhazia's independence. About half of Abkhazia's state budget is financed with aid money from Russia.
Tourism is a key industry and, according to Abkhazia's authorities, almost a million tourists (mainly from Russia) came to Abkhazia in 2007. Abkhazia also enjoys fertile lands and an abundance of agricultural products, including tea, tobacco, wine and fruits (especially tangerines and hazelnuts). Electricity is largely supplied by the Inguri hydroelectric power station located on the Inguri River between Abkhazia and Georgia (proper) and operated jointly by both parties.
This list includes notable companies with primary headquarters located in the country. The industry and sector follow the Industry Classification Benchmark taxonomy. Organizations which have ceased operations are included and noted as defunct.
|A-Mobile||Telecommunications||Mobile telecommunications||Sukhumi||2006||Mobile network|
|Abkhazian State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company||Consumer services||Broadcasting & entertainment||Sukhumi||1976||State owned media|
|Aquafon||Telecommunications||Fixed line telecommunications||Sukhumi||2003||Telecom|
|Chernomorenergo||Utilities||Electricity||Sukhumi||1993||State power and distribution|
|National Bank of the Republic of Abkhazia||Financials||Banks||Sukhumi||1991||Central bank|
- "Constitution of the Republic of Abkhazia (Apsny)". Abkhazworld.com. Retrieved 31 May 2016.
- Olga Oliker, Thomas S. Szayna. Faultlines of Conflict in Central Asia and the South Caucasus: Implications for the U.S. Army. Rand Corporation, 2003, ISBN 978-0-8330-3260-7.
- Clogg, Rachel (January 2001). "Abkhazia: ten years on". Conciliation Resources. Retrieved 31 May 2016.
- Emmanuel Karagiannis. Energy and Security in the Caucasus. Routledge, 2002. ISBN 978-0-7007-1481-0.
- The Guardian. Georgia up in arms over Olympic cash
- Nikolaus von Twickel (26 Aug 2011). "No Clear Frontrunner as Abkhazia Goes to Poll". The Moscow Times.
- Kommersant-Dengi, Тяжелая экономическая независимость (Hard Economical Independence), 08.09.2008 (in Russian)