List of companies of Cuba
Cuba is a country comprising the island of Cuba as well as Isla de la Juventud and several minor archipelagos. The Cuban state claims to adhere to socialist principles in organizing its largely state-controlled planned economy. Most of the means of production are owned and run by the government and most of the labor force is employed by the state. Recent years have seen a trend toward more private sector employment. By 2006, public sector employment was 78% and private sector 22%, compared to 91.8% to 8.2% in 1981. Cuba's government spending as a percentage of GDP is 78.1 percent. Any firm wishing to hire a Cuban must pay the Cuban government, which in turn will pay the employee in Cuban pesos. The average monthly wage as of July 2013 is 466 Cuban pesos, which are worth about US$19.
This list includes notable companies with primary headquarters located in the country. The industry and sector follow the Industry Classification Benchmark taxonomy. Organizations which have ceased operations are included and noted as defunct.
|Aero Caribbean||Consumer services||Airlines||Havana||1983||Airline|
|Aerotaxi||Consumer services||Airlines||Cayo Largo del Sur||1996||Charter airline|
|Central Bank of Cuba||Financials||Banks||Havana||1997||Central bank|
|Cubana de Aviación||Consumer services||Airlines||Havana||1929||Airline|
|Cuba Petróleo Unión||Oil & gas||Exploration & production||Havana||1960||National oil company|
|EGREM||Consumer services||Broadcasting & entertainment||Havana||1964||Record label|
|ETECSA||Telecommunications||Fixed line telecommunications||Havana||1964||Telecom|
|Habaguanex Tourist Company||Consumer services||Travel & tourism||Havana||1994||Tourism|
|Habanos S.A.||Consumer goods||Tobacco||Havana||1994||Tobacco, marketing, part of Cubatabaco|
|Havana Club||Consumer goods||Distillers & vintners||Santa Cruz del Norte||1934||Rum|
|Havana Shipyards||Industrials||Commercial vehicles & trucks||Havana||?||Shipyard|
|Modelo Brewery||Consumer goods||Brewers||Havana||1948||Brewery|
|Panart Records||Consumer services||Broadcasting & entertainment||Havana||1944||Record label, defunct 1961|
Aero Caribbean ATR 72 at Holguin airport, Cuba.
Cigar production in Santiago de Cuba.
Pumpjacks in Cuba.
- "Social Policy at the crossroads" (PDF). oxfamamerica.org. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 9, 2007. Retrieved February 5, 2009.
- "What countries have a planned economy?". Reference. Retrieved 2016-10-18.
- "Cuba's repressive machinery: Summary and recommendations". Human Rights Watch. 1999.
- "Cuba's economy: Money starts to talk". The Economist. July 20, 2013. Retrieved July 19, 2013.
- About the BCC Archived 2016-05-31 at the Wayback Machine
- Empresa de Telecomunicaciones de Cuba S.A.: Private Company Information - Bloomberg
- Corporación Habanos, S.A.,: Private Company Information - Bloomberg