List of companies of Malta
Malta is a Southern European island country consisting of an archipelago in the Mediterranean Sea. The country covers just over 316 km2 (122 sq mi), with a population of just under 450,000, making it one of the world's smallest and most densely populated countries.
Malta is a popular tourist destination with its warm climate, numerous recreational areas, and architectural and historical monuments, including three UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Ħal Saflieni Hypogeum, Valletta, and seven Megalithic Temples, which are some of the oldest free-standing structures in the world.
This list includes notable companies with primary headquarters located in the country. The industry and sector follow the Industry Classification Benchmark taxonomy. Organizations which have ceased operations are included and noted as defunct.
|Air Malta||Consumer services||Airlines||Luqa||1973||Airline|
|Bank of Valletta||Financials||Banks||Santa Venera||1974||Bank|
|Central Bank of Malta||Financials||Banks||Valletta||1968||Central bank|
|Emmanuel Delicata||Consumer goods||Distillers & vintners||Valletta||1907||Winery|
|GO||Telecommunications||Fixed line telecommunications||Marsa||1997||Telephone, DSL|
|Golden Race||Consumer services||Gambling||Ta' Xbiex||2006||Gambling|
|HSBC Bank Malta||Financials||Banks||Valletta||1882||Bank, part of HSBC (UK)|
|Jos Debono Jewellers Ltd||Consumer services||Specialty retailers||Valletta||1899||Jewelry|
|Media.link Communications||Consumer services||Publishing||Pietà||UNKNOWN||Mass media publisher|
|Melita||Telecommunications||Fixed line telecommunications||Birkirkara||1992||Internet, telecom|
|Multilotto||Consumer services||Gambling||St Julian's||2012||Gambling|
|One Productions||Consumer services||Broadcasting & entertainment||Marsa||1994||Production|
|Sagħtar||Consumer services||Publishing||Valletta||1971||Magazine, defunct 2015|
|Simonds Farsons Cisk||Consumer goods||Brewers||Birkirkara||1928||Brewery|
|Vodafone Malta||Telecommunications||Mobile telecommunications||Luqa||1989||Part of Vodafone (UK)|
|Where's Everybody||Consumer services||Broadcasting & entertainment||Pietà||1999||Production|
- Economy of Malta
- List of airlines of Malta
- List of hotels in Malta
- List of newspapers in Malta
- List of radio stations in Malta
- Chapman, David; Cassar, Godwin (October 2004). "Valletta". Cities. 21 (5): 451–463. doi:10.1016/j.cities.2004.07.001.
- Zammit, Andre (1986). "Valletta and the system of human settlements in the Maltese Islands". Ekistics. Athens Center of Ekistics. 53 (316/317): 89–95. JSTOR 43620704.
- "Estimated Population by Locality 31st March, 2014". Government of Malta. 16 May 2014. Archived from the original on 21 June 2015.CS1 maint: Unfit url (link)
- "European Microstates". Traveltips24.com. 22 December 2008. Archived from the original on 14 May 2012. Retrieved 31 March 2009.
- Sultana, Ronald G. (1998). "Career guidance in Malta: A Mediterranean microstate in transition" (PDF). International Journal for the Advancement of Counselling. 20: 3. doi:10.1023/A:1005386004103.
- "The Microstate Environmental World Cup: Malta vs. San Marino". Environmentalgraffiti.com. 15 December 2007. Archived from the original on 25 January 2013. Retrieved 31 March 2009.
- "Hal Saflieni Hypogeum". UNESCO. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- "City of Valletta". UNESCO. Archived from the original on 25 March 2016. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- "Megalithic Temples of Malta". UNESCO. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- "Malta Temples and The OTS Foundation". Otsf.org. Retrieved 31 March 2009.
- "Melita plc: Private Company Information". Bloomberg. 2017-05-24. Retrieved 2017-12-16.