List of companies of Slovakia
Slovakia is a high-income advanced economy with a very high Human Development Index, a very high standard of living and performs favourably in measurements of civil liberties, press freedom, internet freedom, democratic governance and peacefulness. The country maintains a combination of market economy with universal health care and a comprehensive social security system. The country joined the European Union in 2004 and the Eurozone on 1 January 2009. Slovakia is also a member of the Schengen Area, NATO, the United Nations, the OECD, the WTO, CERN, the OSCE, the Council of Europe and the Visegrád Group. The Slovak economy is one of the fastest growing economies in Europe and 3rd fastest in eurozone. Its legal tender, the Euro, is the world's 2nd most traded currency. Although regional income inequality is high, 90% of citizens own their homes. In 2016, Slovak citizens had visa-free or visa-on-arrival access to 165 countries and territories, ranking the Slovak passport 11th in the world. Slovakia is the world’s biggest per-capita car producer with a total of 1,040,000 cars manufactured in the country in 2016 alone. The car industry represents 43 percent of Slovakia’s industrial output, and a quarter of its exports.
For further information on the types of business entities in this country and their abbreviations, see "Business entities in Slovakia".
This list includes notable companies with primary headquarters located in the country. The industry and sector follow the Industry Classification Benchmark taxonomy. Organizations which have ceased operations are included and noted as defunct.
|Air Slovakia||Consumer services||Airlines||Bratislava||1993||Airline, defunct 2010|
|Cestné a Stavebné Mechanizmy Tisovec||Industrials||Defense||Detva||1955||Defense manufacturing|
|Doprastav||Industrials||Heavy construction||Bratislava||1953||Infrastructure construction|
|Elnec||Industrials||Electronic equipment||Prešov||1991||Commercial electronics|
|ESET||Technology||Computer services||Bratislava||1992||IT security|
|Glass LPS||Consumer goods||Durable household products||Medzilaborce||1999||Glass products|
|Istrobanka||Financials||Banks||Bratislava||1992||Commercial bank, defunct 2009|
|J&T Finance Group||Financials||Investment services||Bratislava||1993||Investments|
|JJ Electronic||Industrials||Electrical components & equipment||Čadca||1993||Vacuum tubes|
|Komerční banka Bratislava||Financials||Banks||Bratislava||1995||Commercial bank|
|Matador||Consumer goods||Tires||Púchov||1947||Tires, part of Continental AG (Germany)|
|OFZ, a.s., Istebné,||Basic materials||Iron & steel||Istebné||1999||Ferroalloys|
|Orange Slovensko||Telecommunications||Mobile telecommunications||Bratislava||1997||Mobile network, part of Orange S.A. (France)|
|Penta Investments||Financials||Investment services||Bratislava||1994||Investments|
|Poštová banka||Financials||Banks||Bratislava||1992||Commercial bank|
|Šariš Brewery||Consumer goods||Brewers||Veľký Šariš||1964||Brewery, part of Asahi Breweries (Japan)|
|Slovak Airlines||Consumer services||Airlines||Bratislava||1995||Airline, defunct 2007|
|Slovak Telekom||Telecommunications||Fixed line telecommunications||Bratislava||1999||Telecom, part of Deutsche Telekom (Germany)|
|Slovalco||Basic materials||Aluminum||Žiar nad Hronom||1993||Aluminum|
|Slovart Music||Consumer services||Broadcasting & entertainment||Bratislava||1993||Music publisher|
|Slovenská pošta||Industrials||Delivery services||Banská Bystrica||1993||State-owned post|
|Slovenská sporiteľňa||Financials||Banks||Bratislava||1819||Commercial bank, part of Erste Group (Austria)|
|Slovenské elektrárne||Utilities||Conventional electricity||Bratislava||1942||Electric utility, part of Enel (Italy)|
|Slovenský plynárenský priemysel||Oil & gas||Exploration & production||Bratislava||2006||Natural gas|
|Slovnaft||Oil & gas||Exploration & production||Bratislava||1949||Oil refining, part of MOL Group (Hungary)|
|Tatra banka||Financials||Banks||Bratislava||1990||Commercial bank, part of Raiffeisen Bank International (Austria)|
|O2 Slovakia||Telecommunications||Mobile telecommunications||Bratislava||2006||Mobile network, part of PPF (Netherlands)|
|Topvar||Consumer goods||Brewers||Veľký Šariš||1957||Brewery, part of Asahi Breweries (Japan)|
|Transpetrol AS||Oil & gas||Pipelines||Bratislava||1954||Oil transport|
|U.S. Steel Košice||Basic materials||Iron & steel||Košice||2000||Steel, part of U.S. Steel (US)|
|Vagónka||Industrials||Commercial vehicles & trucks||Trebišov||1922||Railway, shipping containers|
|Železničná spoločnosť Slovensko||Industrials||Railroads||Bratislava||2004||State-owned railway|
|Zlatý Bažant||Consumer goods||Brewers||Hurbanovo||1969||Brewery, part of Heineken International (Netherlands)|
- "Austrian Foreign Ministry". Archived from the original on 16 June 2013. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- "UNHCR regional classification". UNHCR. Archived from the original on 26 August 2013. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- "Country and Lending Groups". worldbank.org. Archived from the original on 2008-05-24.
- "Advanced economies". IMF. 14 September 2006. Retrieved 16 October 2010.
- Country and Lending Groups |Data Archived 2011-03-18 at the Wayback Machine. Data.worldbank.org. Retrieved on 11 August 2014.
- United Nations Development Programme: Human Development Report, 2014. undp.org.
- "Kyiv Post. Independence. Community. Trust – World – Slovakia 16th country to adopt euro". Kyivpost.com. Archived from the original on 9 February 2011. Retrieved 22 May 2012.
- "Triennial Central Bank Survey: Report on global foreign exchange market activity in 2010" (PDF). Monetary and Economic Department. Bank for International Settlements: 12. December 2010. Retrieved 15 October 2011.
- "Global Ranking – Visa Restriction Index 2016" (PDF). Henley & Partners. Retrieved 27 February 2016.
- "Produkcia vozidiel aj v roku 2016 prekročila miliónovou hodnotu". Retrieved 10 March 2017.
- "Doprastav, a.s.: Private Company Information". Bloomberg. Retrieved 2018-01-12.
- "Slovenské Elektrárne A.S.: Private Company Information". Bloomberg. Retrieved 2018-01-12.