List of corruption scandals in Romania
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a list of notable corruption scandals in Romania.
Investigations resulting in final sentences
|People involved (office held/occupation)||Date||Details||Conviction date|
|Liviu Dragnea (President of the Chamber of Deputies, President of Social Democratic Party)||2006–2013||Sentenced to 3 and a half years imprisonment for instigating to abuse of power.||27 May 2019|
|Radu Mazăre (former mayor of Constanța)
Cristi Borcea (businessman)
Nicușor Constantinescu (former chairman of the Constanța County Council)
|2004||Mazăre was sentenced to 9 years imprisonment for abuse of power in a case related to a sale of a 15,000 sqm-plot of land in the Mamaia resort. Cristi Borcea and Nicușor Constantinescu received a 5-year imprisonment sentence.||8 February 2019|
|Dan Șova (former senator and minister in several Ponta cabinets)||2011–2014||Sentenced to 3 years imprisonment and €100,000 forfeiture for influence peddling.||20 June 2018|
|Elena Udrea (former Minister of Regional Development and Tourism in all Boc cabinets)||2011||Sentenced to 6 years imprisonment and to an asset forfeiture of €2.6 million for bribery and abuse of power in the "Bute Gala" case||5 June 2018|
(Former Chief Prosecutor of the Directorate for Investigating Organized Crime and Terrorism (DIICOT))
|2014||Convicted for the crime of favouring the offender, whereby Alina Bica accepted a bribe from a local businessman, Horia Simu, in order to shelf a pending case against him. Sentenced to 3 and a half years imprisonment. Horia Simu received 4 years imprisonment, whilst the intermediary, former Tax Authority Chief Şerban Pop, received 5 years imprisonment.||26 January 2017|
|Adrian Severin (Member of the European Parliament (MEP))||2010-2011||Convicted for bribery and influence-peddling in the 2011 cash for influence scandal. Sentenced to 4 years imprisonment.||16 November 2016|
|Dorin Cocoș (Businessman)
Gabriel Sandu (Minister of Communications between 2008 and 2010)
Gheorghe Ștefan (former Mayor of Piatra Neamț)
Nicolae Dumitru (ro) (Businessman)
|2008–2010||Microsoft licensing corruption scandal: Dorin Cocoș, businessman and former spouse of Elena Udrea, was sentenced to 2 years 4 months imprisonment (in March 2016 sentenced to 2 years imprisonment) for influence peddling and money laundering, and to an asset forfeiture of €9 million (previously to €3 million). Gabriel Sandu was sentenced to 3 years imprisonment (previously to 2 years imprisonment) for bribery and money laundering, and to an asset forfeiture of over €2 million. Gheorghe Ștefan was sentenced to 6 years imprisonment (previously 3 years imprisonment) for influence peddling and to an asset forfeiture of over €3 million. Nicolae Dumitru was convicted to 2 years 4 months imprisonment (previously 1 and a half years suspended sentence), $2,050,000 and €1 million forfeiture (previously €1 million forfeiture and 90 days community service).||3 October 2016|
|Nicușor Constantinescu (former chairman of the Constanța County Council)||2009–2013||Sentenced to five years imprisonment (before the appeal to 3 and a half years) for abuse of power in a case related to the underfunding of the Zonal Military Center in Constanța||29 June 2016|
|Mircea Băsescu (Businessman)||2011–2016||Sentenced to 4 years imprisonment for influence-peddling by taking bribes from a Roma clan in return for promising to secure the early release of the clan's convicted boss, Sandu Anghel aka Bercea Mondialu'. Mircea Băsescu is the younger brother of Traian Băsescu, the former president of Romania, as well as the godfather of Sandu Anghel's granddaughter.||16 June 2016|
|Veronica Cîrstoiu (Judge at the Bucharest Court of Appeal)||2012||Convicted for receiving a bribe of approximately €630,000 and using her influence to reach a favourable judgement for a defendant in a criminal case. Sentenced to 7 years imprisonment||2 June 2016|
|Liviu Dragnea (Member of Parliament; Leader of the Social Democratic Party; former Deputy Prime-Minister)||2012||Convicted for using his political influence to mastermind a campaign in swinging a referendum (impeachment) vote against former president Traian Băsescu in 2012, through the use of bribes and forged ballot papers. He was handed a suspended sentence of 2 years.||22 April 2016|
|Gheorghe Hânsă (Mayor of Cernavodă)||2005–2008||Sentenced to 3 years 8 months for official misconduct by concluding contracts detrimental to the town's finances. His son, Tiberiu Marius Hânsă, was sentenced to 3 years 2 months for complicity in the crime perpetrated by his father.||13 April 2016|
|Florin Aurelian Popescu (Member of Parliament, former President of the Dâmbovița County Council)||2012||Sentenced to 2 years imprisonment for official misconduct. Using his position as leader of the local Democratic Liberal Party organization and President of the Dâmbovița County Council, Florin Popescu requested a local entrepreneur that 60,992 kilos grilled chicken be delivered to him. Subsequently, Florin Popescu distributed the chicken to the potential voters during the electoral campaign for the 2012 local elections.||14 March 2016|
|Alin Trășculescu (Member of Parliament)||2010–2012||Sentenced to 3 years in prison for influence-peddling, instigation to money laundering, embezzlement and forgery.||4 March 2016|
|Constantin Boșcodeală (Mayor of Buzău)||2002–2008||Sentenced to 3 years probation for official misconduct and banned from running for the mayor office for 5 years||1 March 2016|
|Codruț Șereș (Minister of Economy)||2002-2004||Sentenced to 4 years imprisonment for embezzlement of funds belonging to the Hidroelectrica company||29 February 2016|
|Gruia Stoica (Founder and President of the Grampet Group; CEO of Grup Feroviar Român, the largest private rail cargo company in Romania)||2013||Sentenced to 2 and a half years probation and 90 days community service for influence buying||23 February 2016|
|Marian Neacșu (Member of Parliament, Secretary-General of the Social Democratic Party)||2009||Sentenced to 6 months probation for conflict of interest after illegally hiring his own daughter at his MP office||23 February 2016|
|Marian Ghiveciu (Member of Parliament)||2005-2006||Sentenced to 3 years probation for instigation to official misconduct in a case related to illegal retrocession of land plots in the Merei commune, Buzău County.||23 February 2016|
|Adrian Grăjdan (Head of the State Inspectorate for Constructions (ISC))||2012||Convicted for the crime of favouring the perpetrator (obstruction of justice) when four days after he was appointed Head of the ISC, he withdrew all the graft claims of the ISC against convicted former prime minister Năstase, despite the fact that the ISC suffered damages amounting to €1.5 million. Sentenced to 3 and a half years probation.||22 February 2016|
|Nicolae Matei (Mayor of Năvodari)||2012||Convicted for attempting to bribe a high-ranking policeman with two plots of land in Năvodari valued at €46,160, in return for shielding Nicolae Matei from a criminal investigation by influencing the evidence against him. Sentenced to 1 and a half years imprisonment.||19 February 2016|
|Ioan Stan (Member of Parliament)||2012||Convicted for requesting a 130,000 lei (€31,000) bribe in return for influence-peddling. He received 60,000 lei (€14,300) in three installments that he partially used for election campaigning. Additionally, he indirectly received products for his election campaign with a value of 535,000 lei (€127,400). Sentenced to 2 years imprisonment.||25 January 2016|
|Mihai Toader (CEO of Romanian Post)||2008||Sentenced to 8 and a half years in prison for acquiring software products from a Cyprus-based company at a price overvalued by 12 times. The damage is estimated at €6.5 million.||15 October 2015|
|Cristian Poteraș (Mayor of Sector 6 (Bucharest))||2006||Sentenced to 8 years in prison for abuse of office in a case related to illegal retrocession of lands in Romania's capital.||22 May 2015|
|Ioan Niculae (Richest man in Romania in April 2014, according to Forbes)||2009||Sentenced to two years and a half imprisonment for illegally financing the Social Democratic Party's presidential campaign in 2009.||2 April 2015|
|Monica Iacob Ridzi (Minister of Youth and Sport)||2009||Sentenced to five years in prison for embezzling money that was spent by the Ministry on the Youth Day festivities||16 February 2015|
|Miron Mitrea (Member of Parliament)||2001-2002||Sentenced to 2 years imprisonment for receiving a €300,000 bribe in exchange for keeping Irina Jianu as chief-inspector of the State Inspectorate for Constructions.||13 February 2015|
|Constantin Nicolescu (Senator; former chairman of the Argeș County Council)
Gheorghe Nicuț (Mayor of Curtea de Argeș)
Andrei Călin Ioan (Mayor of Câmpulung)
Ştefan Ion (Mayor of Budeasa)
Ioan Popa Ioan (Mayor of Stâlpeni)
|2006-2008||Convicted for using false documents to contract financing of €900,000 from European funds that should have been used to revamp four schools. Revamping work was carried out by a company called Zeus SA. Nicolescu was also convicted for having taken a €60,000 bribe from businessman Cornel Penescu and sentenced to 7 years in prison.||5 February 2015|
|George Copos (Wealthy businessman; Member of Parliament; Deputy Prime-Minister)||2004||Sentenced for 4 years imprisonment for tax evasion of around $1 million that was linked to the sale of several retail spaces from his company, Ana Electronics, to the Romanian National Lottery.||25 August 2014|
|Dan Voiculescu (Senator; Founder of the Conservative Party; Wealthy businessman/Oligarch; former Securitate agent)
Gheorghe Mencinicopschi (Director of the Food Research Institute)
|2003||Voiculescu was sentenced to 10 years in prison for using his political influence in the privatization of the Food Research Institute which had an estimated value of €7.7 million, but was instead bought by his company, Grivco at an undervalued price of €100,000. According to the prosecutors, the damages brought to the Romanian state amounted to over €60 million.||8 August 2014|
|Sorin Apostu (Mayor of Cluj-Napoca)||2009-2011||Sentenced to 4 and a half years in prison for taking a €94,000 bribe in exchange for signing contracts related to the car insurance of the City Hall's cars and garbage trucks.||7 July 2014|
|Gabriel Boriga (Mayor of Târgoviște)||Convicted for buying playgrounds equipment from his godson's company at a price estimated to be €100,000 higher than the market prices for that particular product. He received a 3-year suspended sentence.||23 May 2014|
|Emilian Valentin Frâncu (Mayor of Râmnicu Vâlcea)||2012||Sentenced to 4 years in prison for receiving a bribe in exchange for awarding a contract for the construction of an overpass.||26 March 2014|
|Relu Fenechiu (Minister of Transportation)||2002-2004||Fenechiu sold a number of old electrical transformers to Electrica Moldova at a highly inflated price of 2.8 million €. He was sentenced to 5 years imprisonment.||30 January 2014|
|Gheorghe Coman (Member of Parliament)||2002-2004||Sentenced to 1 year imprisonment for receiving a 3000 lei bribe (ca. 670 Euro)||30 January 2014|
|Tudor Chiuariu (Minister of Justice)
Zsolt Nagy (Minister of Communications)
Mihai Toader (General Manager of the Romanian Post)
|2005-2007||Chiuariu and Nagy illegally transferred some real estate owned by the Romanian Post to a private company. Chiuariu received a suspended sentence of 3½ years, while Nagy received a suspended sentence of 4 years.||24 January 2014|
|Sorin Andi Pandele (Member of Parliament)
Costel Zamfir (Mayor of Bradu)
|2007||Pandele received a 190,000 lei bribe in exchange of illegally issuing a land deed. He was sentenced to 5 years imprisonment.||21 January 2014|
|Adrian Năstase (Prime Minister of Romania)||2001-2004||Năstase received as bribe some Chinese-made building materials and furnishings worth €630,000 from a construction entrepreneur, Irina Jianu, who, in exchange, was appointed the director of the State Construction Inspectorate. He was handed a four-year prison sentence for taking bribes and a three-year prison sentence for blackmail, to run concurrently.||6 January 2014|
|Dan Păsat (Member of Parliament)||2009-2010||Păsat was sentenced to 4 years imprisonment for blackmailing mayors of Giurgiu County communes to obtained contracts for his private company, Prod Invest SRL.||12 December 2013|
|Mircia Muntean (Mayor of Deva, Member of Parliament)||1999||Muntean, as mayor, performed a land exchange with Iosif Man, through which the City Hall lost an estimated $360,000. He received a 4-year suspended sentence.||24 September 2013|
|Antonie Solomon (Mayor of Craiova)||2002-2004||Solomon received a €50,000 bribe from businessman Cornel Penescu in order to issue a building permit for a hypermarket. Sentenced to 3 years in prison.||20 September 2013|
|Ion Dumitru (Member of Parliament; Director of Romsilva)||Dumitru acquired for Romsilva for $294,330 a Ukrainian-made 1970s bulldozer that had a value of $6,250; the equipment was never used as it was not suitable for the task it was bought. He received a 3-year suspended sentence.||7 June 2013|
|Victor Babiuc (Minister of Defence)
Dumitru Cioflină (Chief of General Staff, Army General)
Gigi Becali (Wealthy businessman; Founder of the New Generation Party; Member of European Parliament; Member of Romanian Parliament)
|1998||A land swap through which the Romanian state lost almost $1 million. Each of the them was sentenced to 2 years in prison.||20 May 2013|
|Nicolae Mischie (President of the Gorj County Council)||Mischie received between businessman Clement Mocanu renovation services for three of his buildings, as well as bribes, in exchange for a contract for renovation of the historic building Casa Gănescu. Sentenced to 4 years in prison.||18 March 2013|
|Dorin Dăneșan (Mayor of Sighișoara)||Dăneșan signed a lease contract given by the City Hall to a company owned by the mayor's brother. He was handed a 2-year suspended sentence.||14 March 2013|
|Adrian Năstase (Prime Minister of Romania)||2004||Using a state-funded conference as a front to raise money for his presidential campaign. Sentenced to 2 years in prison.||20 June 2012|
|Gheorghe Medințu (Vice-President of PSD Arad)||Medințu was involved in a scandal involving the bribing of Ilie Stana in order to illegally obtain loans worth 2000 billion old lei. Medințu was given a 7-year prison sentence.||23 April 2012|
|Cătălin Voicu (Senator/Member of Parliament)
Marius Locic (Businessman)
Costel Cășuneanu (Businessman)
Florin Costiniu (Judge)
|2009||The businessmen gave bribes to Voicu in order to solve, with the help of Judge Costiniu, their commercial and penal offenses. Voicu was sentenced to 7 years imprisonment.||22 April 2012|
|Virgil Pop (Member of Parliament)||Pop received bribes (30,000-€50,000) in exchange of contracts with Transelectrica Cluj. Sentenced to 5 years in prison.||18 April 2012|
|Decebal Traian Remeș (Minister of Agriculture)
Ioan Avram Mureşan (former Minister of Agriculture)
|2007||Remeș received from businessman Gheorghe Ciorbă €15,000, an Audi Q7 and various products in exchange for winning public contracts. They were sentenced to 3 years imprisonment each.||14 February 2012|
|Eugen Bădălan (Member of Parliament, Army General, former Chief of General Staff)||2000||Signed various deals with a private company, Tofan Grup SA, causing a damage of 1.26 million € to the Army. Sentenced to 4 years probation.||7 December 2011|
|Dan Ilie Morega (Member of Parliament)||2008||Morega requested bribes from public companies for the National Liberal Party electoral campaign in exchange for preserving political support for their directors. He was given a 3-year suspended sentence.||11 November 2011|
|Cosmin Mihai Popescu (Member of Parliament)
Ionel Manțog (director of Turceni Power Station)
|Popescu was sentenced to 2 years probation and Manțog to 5 years imprisonment for buying land that was then expropriated as eminent domain at high prices.|||11 April 2011|
|Vasile Emilian Cutean (Secretary of State for Revolutionary-related Issues)||2004||Sentenced to 5 years in prison for embezzlement of state funds, which were paid into the accounts of an association of which he was the president.||4 April 2011|
|Mihail Sirețeanu (Member of Parliament)||2003-2004||Sirețeanu defrauded the state-owned Mizil Arms Factory of 6 billion old lei and received a 2-year suspended sentence.||9 February 2011|
|Vasile Duță (Senator)||2000-2004||Duță received money and goods (including a Mercedes worth €40,000) in exchange for influencing the decisions of various state bodies and he was sentenced to 5 years imprisonment.||5 May 2010|
|Mircia Gutău (Mayor of Râmnicu Vâlcea)||2006||Gutău requested a bribe of €50,000 from the owner of a local company, Rovimet, in exchange for an urban planning certificate, being caught in flagrante delicto. Sentenced to 2 and a half years in prison.||17 March 2010|
|Cristian Anghel (Mayor of Baia Mare)||Anghel decided that the Baia Mare City Hall buy a building at an overvalued price (the damage being estimated at €394,500), the same building being bought for one third of the price days before that. Sentenced to 2 and half years imprisonment.||10 March 2010|
Investigations resulting in convictions, subject to appeal
|People involved (office held/occupation)||Date||Details||Conviction date|
|Andreea Cosma (deputy, Social Democratic Party)
Florin Serghei Anghel (former President of Prahova County Council)
Dănuț Marcel Cornea (former councillor, Prahova County Council)
|2008||Sentenced to 4 years imprisonment for complicity to abuse of power (Andreea Cosma), instigating to abuse of power (Florin Anghel) and abuse of power (Dănuț Marcel Cornea) in the case of selling the Ciuperceasca casern at an undervalued price.||4 December 2018|
|Constantin Nicolescu (former chairman of Argeș County Council)||2009||Sentenced to 8 years in prison for bribery.||5 May 2017|
|Nicușor Constantinescu (former chairman of Constanța County Council)||Sentenced to 15 years imprisonment for authorizing illegal payments in his role as chairman of the Constanța County Council, causing damages amounting to over 30 million lei (€6,725,000) to the Council and over 1 million lei (€224,000) to the Romanian state.||29 July 2016|
|Nicușor Constantinescu (former chairman of Constanța County Council)||2008–2011||Sentenced to six years imprisonment for abuse of power in a case related to not issuing or extending permits for wind farms||27 June 2016|
|Dumitru Dragomir (former chairman of the Professional Football League)||2009–2014||Dumitru Dragomir was sentenced to 7 years imprisonment for tax evasion, embezzlement and money laundering.||23 June 2016|
|Gabriel Popoviciu (Businessman)
Ioan Niculae Alecu (former rector of the University of Agronomic Sciences and Veterinary Medicine, Bucharest)
Ilie Cornel Şerban (former Director of the General Directorate for Intelligence and Internal Security)
Petru Daniel Pitcovici (former chief of the Operations Division of the Anti-Corruption General Directorate)
|2000–2004||The main charge of this corruption scandal is related to the sale of 224 hectares of land belonging to the University of Agronomic Sciences and Veterinary Medicine (UASVM) at an undervalued price. Gabriel Popoviciu (a.k.a. Puiu Popoviciu) was sentenced to 9 years imprisonment, Ioan Niculae Alecu (the former rector of the UASVM) - to 6 years imprisonment, Ilie Cornel Şerban - to 2 years and a half imprisonment, Petru Daniel Pitcovici - to 2 years imprisonment.||23 June 2016|
|Ilie Carabulea (Wealthy businessman; founder and former CEO of Banca Comercială Carpatica)||2012–2013||Sentenced to 6 and a half years imprisonment for bribery||8 March 2016|
|Gergely Olosz (Senator, former President of the Regulatory Authority for Energy)||2010–2011||Sentenced to 3 years imprisonment for influence-peddling||3 March 2016|
|Gheorghe Costin (Member of Parliament; Deputy Mayor of Beiuș)||2008||Convicted for fraud, false declarations and abuse of power. He provided preferential treatment in tenders for the company, Top Construct Group, whilst he was Deputy Mayor of Beiuș. Furthermore, he signed off on payments towards the company for false activities and works.||7 May 2015|
Cases currently under trial
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (October 2013)
- Dan Nica (Minister of Communications) was accused by the Thomas Lundin (Manager of Ericsson Romania) of having received a bribe from him in exchange for contracts for the 112 emergency systems. The accusations were made during an arbitration between Ericsson and Lundin in Sweden. The case is also under investigation by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- "PSD head Liviu Dragnea sentenced to 3 years and six months in jail". Business-Review.eu. 21 June 2018. Retrieved 21 June 2018.
- "Dragnea a fost condamnat definitiv la 3 ani si 6 luni cu executare. Chiar azi va ajunge la puscarie". Ziare.com. 27 May 2019. Retrieved 27 May 2019.
- "Radu Mazăre, condamnat la 9 ani de închisoare cu executare. Verdict definitiv al Înaltei Curţi de Casaţie şi Justiţie". Adevărul. 8 February 2019. Retrieved 14 February 2019.
- "Former Romanian senator and minister sentenced to three years in jail for bribery". Romania-Insider.com. 20 June 2018. Retrieved 21 June 2018.
- "Elena Udrea, condamnata definitiv la 6 ani de inchisoare cu executare in dosarul Gala Bute. In plus, trebuie sa plateasca 2,6 milioane de euro". Ziare.com (in Romanian). 5 June 2018. Retrieved 5 June 2018.
- "Alina Bica, 3 ani şi 6 luni de închisoare cu executare". Digi24 (in Romanian). 26 January. Check date values in:
- "Adrian Severin, condamnat definitiv la 4 ani închisoare cu executare". Agerpres (in Romanian). 16 November 2016.
- "Condamnări definitive în Dosarul "Microsoft". Dumitru Nicolae (Niro) şi Dorin Cocoş, condamnaţi la câte 2 ani şi 4 luni închisoare, Gabriel Sandu - 3 ani, Gheorghe Ştefan - 6 ani. Gheorghe Ştefan: "Mă consider vinovat"". Mediafax (in Romanian). 3 October 2016. Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- "DOSARUL MICROSOFT: Dorin Cocoş şi fostul ministru Gabriel Sandu, câte doi ani de închisoare. Gheorghe Ştefan a primit trei ani". Mediafax (in Romanian). 24 March 2016. Retrieved 24 March 2016.
- "Sentință în dosarul Microsoft. Pedepse cu executare și confiscarea a 10 milioane de euro". Digi24 (in Romanian). 24 March 2016. Retrieved 24 March 2016.
- "Nicuşor Constantinescu, condamnat definitiv la cinci ani de închisoare în dosarul Centrului Militar Zonal". Mediafax (in Romanian). 29 June 2016.
- "Nicuşor Constantinescu, condamnat la trei ani şi jumătate de închisoare în dosarul Centrului Militar. Preşedintele CJ Constanţa: O "pată de ruşine" pentru justiţie". Mediafax (in Romanian). 28 October 2015.
- "Mircea Băsescu, acuzat că ar fi fost mituit de Bercea Mondial cu 300.000 de euro/FOTOREPORTAJ". Adevărul (in Romanian). 24 March 2011.
- "Mircea Băsescu, fratele lui Traian Băsescu, a fost condamnat definitiv la patru ani de închisoare cu executare". Mediafax (in Romanian). 16 June 2016.
- "Mircea Băsescu, naşul de botez al nepoatei interlopului Bercea Mondialu'". Mediafax (in Romanian). 30 January 2010.
- "Veronica Cârstoiu, fost judecător, condamnată definitiv la şapte ani de închisoare". Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- "Liviu Dragnea, condamnat la doi ani de închisoare cu suspendare în dosarul Referendumulu" (in Romanian). Mediafax. 22 April 2016.
- "LIVE TEXT Liviu Dragnea, doi ani de inchisoare cu suspendare in Dosarul Referendumul, sentinta e definitiva" (in Romanian). HotNews. 22 April 2016.
- "Primarul oraşului Cernavodă, condamnat la închisoare cu executare pentru abuz în serviciu". Mediafax (in Romanian). 13 April 2016.
- "Fostul deputat Florin Popescu, condamnat la doi ani de închisoare cu executare". Mediafax (in Romanian). 14 March 2016.
- "Fostul deputat Alin Trășculescu a fost condamnat definitiv la trei ani de închisoare cu executare". Agerpres (in Romanian). 4 March 2016.
- "Primarul buzoian Boșcodeală, condamnat definitiv la trei ani cu suspendare de Curtea de Apel Brașov în dosarul Gloria – AGERPRES". Agerpres (in Romanian). 1 March 2016. Retrieved 1 March 2016.
- "Codruț Șereș, condamnat definitiv la 4 ani de închisoare cu executare în dosarul Hidroelectrica". Agerpres (in Romanian). 29 February 2016.
- "UPDATE ÎCCJ: Gruia Stoica a fost condamnat la 2 ani și șase luni cu suspendare; decizia e defintivă". Agerpres (in Romanian). 23 February 2016.
- "Deputatul PSD Marian Neacșu, condamnat definitiv la 6 luni închisoare cu suspendare". Agerpres (in Romanian). 23 February 2016.
- "Fostul deputat Marian Ghiveciu, condamnat definitiv la 3 ani închisoare cu suspendare". Agerpres (in Romanian). 23 February 2016.
- eub2. "Romania probes top official for interference in graft case — EUbusiness.com - EU news, business and politics". Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- "Fostul şef al Inspectoratului de Stat în Construcţii, Adrian Grăjdan, a fost condamnat definitiv". Mediafax (in Romanian). 22 February 2016. Retrieved 3 May 2016.
- "PSD mayor of Navodari, remanded for bribe giving - Nine O`Clock". Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- "Nicolae Matei, primarul orașului Năvodari, condamnat la 1 an și 6 luni ani de închisoare în dosarul mitei de la Poliție". Constanța News (in Romanian). 19 February 2016. Retrieved 3 May 2016.
- "Dosar de campanie – Ion Stan". Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- "Deputatul Ion Stan, condamnat definitiv la doi ani închisoare cu executare". Agerpres (in Romanian). 25 January 2016. Retrieved 3 May 2016.
- Mediafax, Departamentul Social -. "Dosarul Poşta Română: Fostul director Mihai Toader, condamnat definitiv la 8 ani şi şase luni de închisoare". Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- Popescu, Irina (22 May 2015). "Former Romanian mayor sentenced to 8 years in prison in illegal land retrocession case - Romania Insider". Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- Insider, Romania (2 April 2015). "Ioan Niculae convicted to two years and a half in jail". Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- "Monica Iacob Ridzi, condamnată la cinci ani de închisoare CU EXECUTARE". Mediafax. 27 January 2014.
- "Miron Mitrea, condamnat definitiv la doi ani de închisoare". RFI. 13 February 2015.
- "Cine este Zeus, personajul comun din dosarele Nicolescu si Nastase". Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- Insider, Romania (6 February 2015). "Romanian politician gets 7 years in jail for corruption - Romania Insider". Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- Popescu, Irina (25 August 2014). "Romanian businessman Copos gets another final jail conviction, no parole, in tax evasion case - Romania Insider". Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- "Romanian mogul gets 10 years in prison for fraud". Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- "Sorin Apostu, condamnat la 3 ani si 6 luni de inchisoare cu executare de Curtea de Apel Targu Mures". hotnews. 25 July 2013.
- "Fostul primar al Clujului Sorin Apostu, condamnat definitiv la 4 ani si 6 luni de inchisoare cu executare" (in Romanian). Hotnews. 2014-07-04. Retrieved 2015-03-13.
- Petre Laurențiu (23 May 2014). "Primarul din Târgovişte, Gabriel Boriga, a fost condamnat definitiv la trei ani de închisoare cu suspendare". Active News.
- "Primarul din Râmnicu Vâlcea, condamnat la patru ani de închisoare pentru luare de mită". Digi24. 26 March 2014.
- Victor Cozmei (12 July 2013). "Relu Fenechiu a fost condamnat la 5 ani de închisoare cu executare!". hotnews.
- "Deputatul Gheorghe Coman, condamanat la un an de inchisoare cu executare pentru coruptie". hotnews. 30 January 2014.
- "Fostul ministru Chiuariu: "Dreptatea a fost înfrântă de o hotărâre fără probe. Voi face plângere la CEDO"". Adevărul. 30 January 2014.
- "Fostul deputat Sorin Pandele, condamnat definitiv la cinci ani de închisoare de Curtea Supremă". hotnews. 21 January 2014.
- "Romania ex-PM Adrian Nastase jailed in bribery case". BBC News.
- "Fostul deputat PDL Dan Pasat, condamnat la trei ani de inchisoare cu executare pentru santaj". Pro TV. April 2013.
- Virgil Burlă (24 September 2013). "Deputat condamnat definitiv pentru corupţie". Evenimentul Zilei.
- "Fostul primar Antonie Solomon, trei ani de ÎNCHISOARE CU EXECUTARE". Evenimentul Zilei. 11 June 2013.
- "Dosarul "Mita de la PIC" – Antonie Solomon". hotnews. 20 September 2013.
- "Fostul deputat Ion Dumitru, condamnat la trei ani inchisoare cu suspendare in dosarul Romsilva II". hotnews. 7 June 2013.
- Victor Cozmei (20 May 2013). "Sentinta definitiva: Gigi Becali, Victor Babiuc si Dumitru Cioflina, condamnati la cate doi ani de inchisoare in dosarul schimbului de terenuri cu MApN". Hotnews. Bucharest.
- Ionel Stoica (18 March 2012). "Magistrații au decis definitiv: Baronul Mischie, patru ani la PUȘCĂRIE". Evenimentul Zilei.
- "Primarul Dăneşan, condamnat penal". România Liberă. March 14, 2013.
- T.W. (31 January 2012). "Corruption in Romania: Năstase nailed". The Economist. Bucharest.
- "ŞAPTE ANI DE ÎNCHISOARE pentru fostul lider PSD Arad Gheorghe Medinţu". Realitatea. 23 April 2012.
- Victor Cozmei (22 April 2012). "Catalin Voicu, condamnat definitiv la 7 ani de inchisoare cu executare". hotnews.
- Carmen Vintilă (18 April 2012). "Virgil Pop, primul parlamentar și închis, și fără mandat". Evenimentul Zilei.
- Catalin Lupasteanu (25 February 2012). "Traian Remeş şi Ioan Avram Mureşan, CONDAMNAŢI DEFINITIV la trei ani de închisoare cu executare". Mediafax.
- "Generalul (r) Eugen Bădălan, deputat PDL, condamnat pentru fapte de corupţie". Mediafax. 7 December 2011.
- "Deputatul Dan Ilie Morega a fost condamnat definitiv la trei ani de închisoare cu suspendare". Agerpress. 10 November 2011.
- Ionut Baias (October 10, 2010). "Cine este Cosmin Popescu, deputatul condamnat definitv dar care continua sa activeze in Parlament". România Liberă.
- "Fostul senator PSD Emilian Cutean a fost condamnat definitiv la cinci ani de inchisoare". hotnews. 7 February 2012.
- "Fostul deputat PSD Mihail Sireteanu, condamnat la doi ani de inchisoare cu suspendare". hotnews. 9 February 2011.
- "Dosar de trafic de influenta - Vasile Duta". hotnews.
- "Primarul din Baia Mare, Cristian Anghel, condamnat definitiv la doi ani şi jumătate de închisoare pentru fapte de corupţie". Gândul. March 17, 2010.
- "Primarul din Baia Mare, Cristian Anghel, condamnat definitiv la doi ani şi jumătate de închisoare pentru fapte de corupţie". Gândul. March 17, 2010.
- "Andreea Cosma, 4 ani de inchisoare cu executare. Condamnare in Dosarul Ciuperceasca pentru deputatul PSD ("Andreea Cosma, 4 years imprisonment. Sentence in the Ciuperceasca Affair")". Ziare.com. 4 December 2018. Retrieved 4 December 2018.
- "CAB: Constantin Nicolescu, fost președinte al CJ Argeș, condamnat la 8 ani de închisoare". Agerpres (in Romanian). 5 May 2017. Retrieved 5 May 2017.
- "Nicuşor Constantinescu, condamnat la 15 ani de închisoare. Decizia nu este definitivă". Mediafax (in Romanian). 29 July 2016. Retrieved 24 August 2016.
- "Nicuşor Constantinescu, fost preşedinte al CJ Constanţa, condamnat la şase ani de închisoare". Mediafax (in Romanian). 27 June 2016. Retrieved 27 June 2016.
- "Dumitru Dragomir, fostul preşedinte al LPF, condamnat la şapte ani de închisoare" (in Romanian). Mediafax. 23 June 2016. Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- "Omul de afaceri Gabriel Popoviciu, condamnat la nouă ani de închisoare" (in Romanian). Mediafax. 23 June 2016. Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- "Ilie Carabulea a fost condamnat la şase ani şi jumătate de închisoare în dosarul " Carpatica". Dan Radu Ruşanu, achitat". Mediafax (in Romanian). 8 March 2016.
- "Fostul preşedinte ANRE, Olosz Gergely, a fost condamnat la trei ani de închisoare". Mediafax (in Romanian). 3 March 2016.
- "Dosar de coruptie "Lucrari fictive la Beius" - deputatul liberal Costin Gheorghe". Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- "Rise Project: Cazul "ERICSSON": Mita: datorie de onoare". hotnews. November 21, 2012.
- "Ericsson probed over suspected bribes". The Local. 21 May 2013.