List of countries by Zoroastrian population
|India||57,264-69,000 (2011) (2014)||0.006|
|Iran||25,271-60,000 (2012) (2014)||0.03|
|United Kingdom||8,100 (2012)||0.007|
|Persian Gulf Countries||2,200||0.005|
|World||c. 413,430||19 ppm|
There are also minorities of converted Zoroastrians in the following countries:
In 2012, the FEZANA Journal, a quarterly publication of the Federation of Zoroastrian Associations of North America (FEZANA), published a demographic picture of Zorastrians around the world and a comparison with a similar study done in the year, 2004.
Because of the religion's strong ties to Kurdish culture, there has been a recent rebirth of Zoroastrianism. It's been estimated that as many as 100,000 to 200,000  people in Iraqi Kurdistan have converted to Zoroastrianism in 2015. Millions of Yezidis, Shabakis and Yarsanis live in Iraq and Iran who follow preislamic Mithraic and syncretic religions similar to and influenced by Zoroastrianism as well, and have been included as Zoroastrian under some research methods and population studies due to their similarities.
- According to a survey in 2004 by the Zoroastrian Associations of North America, the number of Zoroastrians worldwide was estimated at between 124,000 and 190,000. 400,000 is the global count if those Zoroastrians in Kurdistan who converted are counted as well. The number is still imprecise however because of wildly diverging counts in Iran, which range from 25,000-60,000.
- Goodstein, Laurie (September 6, 2006). "Zoroastrians Keep the Faith, and Keep Dwindling". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-10-03.
- Zoroastrianism Demographics
- India's 2014 Census reported 57,264 Parsi Zoroastrians; http://www.censusindia.gov.in/2011census/population_enumeration.html.
- 4,105 according to http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/datablog/interactive/2012/dec/11/census-religion
- 300 "Zarathustrier" according to a survey by REMID in 2003 http://remid.de/info_zahlen/verschiedene/
- Rivetna, Roshan. "The Zoroastrian World A 2012 Demographic Picture" (PDF). Fezana.org.
- "Hamazor Issue #2 2017: "Kurdistan reclaims its ancient Zoroastrian Faith" (PDF). Hamazor.
- "Zoroastrian faith returns to Kurdistan in response to ISIL viole". Rudaw. Retrieved 18 September 2015.