List of countries by Zoroastrian population
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||It has been suggested that this article be merged with Zoroastrianism#Demographics. (Discuss) Proposed since November 2014.|
|United Kingdom||4,100 ||0.007|
|Persian Gulf Countries||2,200||0.005|
|World||c. 138,000||19 ppm|
In 2012 the FEZANA Journal, a quarterly publication of the Federation of Zoroastrian Associations of North America (FEZANA), had published a demographic picture of Zorastrians around the world and a comparison with a similar study done in 2004.
The study is available on FEZANA's website for download.
Because of the religion's strong ties to Kurdish culture, there has been a recent rebirth of Zoroastrianism. It's been estimated that as many as 100,000 people in Iraqi Kurdistan have converted to Zoroastrianism in 2015.
- According to a survey in 2004 by the Zoroastrian Associations of North America, the number of Zoroastrians worldwide was estimated at between 124,000 and 190,000. The number is imprecise because of wildly diverging counts in Iran.
- Goodstein, Laurie (September 6, 2006). "Zoroastrians Keep the Faith, and Keep Dwindling". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-10-03.
- Zoroastrianism Demographics
- India's 2001 Census reported 69,601 Parsi Zoroastrians.
- 4,105 according to http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/datablog/interactive/2012/dec/11/census-religion
- 300 "Zarathustrier" according to a survey by REMID in 2003 http://remid.de/info_zahlen/verschiedene/
- "Zoroastrian faith returns to Kurdistan in response to ISIS viole". Rudaw. Retrieved 18 September 2015.