List of countries by average wage
||This article has an unclear citation style. (February 2015)|
The average wage is a measure for the financial well-being of a country's inhabitants. The average wages are adjusted to living expenses. The wage distribution is right-skewed; the majority of people earn less than the average wage. For an alternative measure, the Median household income uses median instead of average.
in 2012 USD
Family: 1 earner, 2 children
in 2012 USD
UNECE 2011 statistics
Gross average monthly wages cover total wages and salaries in cash and in kind, before any tax deduction and before social security contributions. They include wages and salaries, remuneration for time not worked, bonuses and gratuities paid by the employer to the employee. For most countries wages cover total economy and are expressed per full-time equivalent employee. This enables comparison of different countries irrespective of the length of working time and the share of part-time and full-time workers.
Where data are not available in full-time units, it has been mentioned in the note for the corresponding country. In these cases, the wages are either expressed for full-time workers only or total wages are divided by the number of all employees including both full-time and part-time workers.
|Rank||Country||Monthly average wage US$|
|28||Bosnia & Herzegovina||$1,545|
|37||Republic of Moldova||$462|
- List of countries by GDP (PPP) per capita
- International Ranking of Household Income
- Wages and Salaries
- Gross income - Compulsory deductions = Disposable income
- "Taxing Wages - Comparative tables: Average tax wedge, One-earner married couple at 100% of average earnings, 2 children". OECD.StatExtracts, stats.oecd.org. Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, OECD. 2012. Retrieved 2015-02-20.
- "Average annual wages, 2013 USD PPPs and 2013 constant prices". OECD.StatExtracts, stats.oecd.org. Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, OECD. 2012. Retrieved 2015-02-20.
- OECD. "OECD Statistics". oecd.org.
- "Gross Average Monthly Wages by Country and Year". United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE). United Nations. Retrieved 28 June 2015.
- GDP per capita by country Interactive GDP chart that allows filtering by various national groupings (such as NATO, EU, BRIC, ASEAN etc.)
- Database Central Europe; average wages in emerging markets