List of countries by population in 1700
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Altar Domitius Ahenobarbus Louvre
|World population estimates|
|List of Countries by Population|
This is a list of countries by population in 1700. Estimate numbers are from the beginning of the year and exact population figures are for countries that held a census on various dates in the 1700s.
- List of countries by population
- List of countries by population in 1000
- List of countries by population in 1500
- List of countries by population in 1600
- List of countries by population in 1800
- List of countries by population in 1900
- List of countries by population in 1907
- List of countries by population in 2000
- List of countries by population in 2005
This article includes a list of general references, but it remains largely unverified because it lacks sufficient corresponding inline citations. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- "The World at Six Billion". UN Population Division. Archived from the original on March 5, 2016., Table 2
- "Population Statistics: Historical Demography". Archived from the original on 23 February 2015. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- (a) Yoshio Oguchi, "Demographics of Satsuma Domian", Reimeikan Chōsa Kenkyū Hōkoku (no. 11), pp. 87–134 (1998). (b) Yoshio Oguchi, "Demographics of Satsuma Domian and early modern Ryūkyū", Reimeikan Chōsa Kenkyū Hōkoku (no. 13), pp. 1–42 (2000) (all in Japanese).
- Böröcz, József (10 September 2009). The European Union and Global Social Change. ISBN 9781135255800. Retrieved 26 June 2017.
- Jean-Noël Biraben, "The History of the Human Population From the First Beginnings to the Present" in "Demography: Analysis and Synthesis: A Treatise in Population" (Eds: Graziella Caselli, Jacques Vallin, Guillaume J. Wunsch) Vol 3, Chapter 66, pp 5–18, Academic Press, San Diego. (2005)
- Avakov, Alexander V. (April 2015). Two Thousand Years of Economic Statistics, Volume 1. ISBN 9781628941012. Retrieved 6 May 2016.
- Maddison. "Growth of World Population GDP and GDP Per Capita before 1820" (PDF). Retrieved 29 September 2017.
- "A History of Spain and Portugal". Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- J.P. Sommerville. "The Holy Roman Empire in the Seventeenth Century". Retrieved 21 May 2017.
- "European Population History". Retrieved 30 June 2016.
- Mitchison, A History of Scotland, pp. 291–2 and 301-2.
- MArshall, John (1838). "Statistics of the British Empire".
- Grada, C. O. "The Population of Ireland: 1700-1900, A Survey".
- "ESTIMATED POPULATION OF AMERICAN COLONIES: 1610 TO 1780".
- "Population of the English West Indies, 1655-1755" (PDF).
- Based on 1618 population map Archived 2013-02-17 at the Wayback Machine (p.115), 1618 languages map (p.119), 1657-1667 losses map (p.128) and 1717 map Archived 2013-02-17 at the Wayback Machine (p.141) from Iwo Cyprian Pogonowski, Poland a Historical Atlas, Hippocrene Books, 1987, ISBN 0-88029-394-2
- Li 1998, p. 160-171.
- "History of Prussia". Retrieved 24 May 2016.
- Thornton, John (1977). "Demography and History in the Kingdom of Kongo, 1550–1750". The Journal of African History 18 (4): 526.
- Li, Tana (1998). Nguyen Cochinchina: Southern Vietnam in the Seventeenth and Eighteenth Centuries. Cornell University Press. ISBN 9781501732577.
- Kurt Witthauer. Bevölkerung der Erde (1958)
- Calendario atlante de Agostini, anno 99 (2003)
- The Columbia gazetteer of the world (1998)
- Britannica book of the year : world data (1997)