List of countries by average wage
The average wage is a measure of total income after taxes divided by a nation's population. In this article, the average wage is adjusted for living expenses "purchasing power parity" (PPP).
The OECD (Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development) dataset contains data on average annual wages for full-time and full-year equivalent employees in the total economy. Average annual wages per full-time equivalent dependent employee are obtained by dividing the national-accounts-based total wage bill by the average number of employees in the total economy, which is then multiplied by the ratio of average usual weekly hours per full-time employee to average usually weekly hours for all employees.
Average wages are converted in US dollar nominal using 2013 US dollar nominal for private consumption and are deflated by a price deflator for private final consumption expenditures in 2013 prices. The OECD is a weighted average based on dependent employment weights in 2013 for the countries shown.
Gross average monthly wage estimates for 2015 are computed by converting national currency figures from the UNECE (United Nations Economic Commission for Europe) Statistical Database, compiled from national and international (OECD, EUROSTAT, CIS) official sources. Wages in US dollars are computed by the UNECE Secretariat using nominal exchange rates.
Gross average monthly wages cover total wages and salaries in cash and in kind, before any tax deduction and before social security contributions. They include wages and salaries, remuneration for time not worked, bonuses and gratuities paid by the employer to the employee. Wages cover the total economy and are expressed per full-time equivalent employee.
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||$801|
|Trinidad and Tobago||$736 |
Other countries not listed above:
- List of countries by GDP (nominal) per capita
- International Ranking of Household Income
- Wages and salaries
- List of European Union member states by average wage
- "Average annual wages, 2013 USD nominal and 2013 constant prices". OECD.StatExtracts, stats.oecd.org. Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, OECD. 2016. Retrieved 2016-08-24.
- "Labour > Earnings > Average annual wages". OECD.
- "Gross Average Monthly Wages by Country and Year (2015)". UNECE. Retrieved 24 August 2016.