List of current Canadian first ministers
Canada is a country that occupies most of northern North America, extending from the Atlantic Ocean in the east to the Pacific Ocean in the west and northward into the Arctic Ocean. A federation that comprises ten provinces and three territories, Canada is a parliamentary democracy, with a Prime Minister as its head of government; and a constitutional monarchy, with Queen Elizabeth II as its sovereign. Each of the country's provinces and territories has a head of government, called the Premier by English speakers, to avoid confusion with the federal Prime Minister.
Of the thirteen Premiers, currently three are women. The longest-serving Premier is Brad Wall of Saskatchewan, who has held the position since November 21, 2007; the newest Premier is Brian Pallister of Manitoba, who assumed office on May 3, 2016. The oldest Premier, Bob McLeod of the Northwest Territories, was born in 1952; The youngest Premier, Brian Gallant of New Brunswick, was born in 1982. There are thirteen incumbent Premiers, of which seven are from a Liberal Party, one is from a New Democratic Party, one is from the Saskatchewan Party, one is from a Progressive Conservative Party, one is from the Yukon Party, and two are non-partisan.
Current Canadian first ministers
The Canadian order of precedence dictates persons' roles in ceremonial protocol. The highest is the Queen, Elizabeth II, then the Governor General, followed by the Prime Minister, the Lieutenant-Governors of the provinces, and then the Premiers of the provinces in the order their province joined confederation and by population at joining, and the Premiers of the territories. Incumbency is current as of July 24, 2016.
- Lists of Canadian senators
- Members of the Canadian House of Commons
- Timeline of Canadian elections
- List of Asian-Canadian First Ministers
- List of female first ministers in Canada
- "Glossary". Library and Archives Canada. May 10, 2001. Retrieved November 20, 2008.
- "Prime Minister of Canada". Government of Canada. Retrieved November 14, 2015.
- "Office of the Premier". Government of Ontario. Retrieved February 11, 2013.
- "Biography of the Premier". Government of Quebec. Retrieved April 23, 2014.
- "Honourable Stephen McNeil". Government of Nova Scotia. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- "Premier Gallant". Government of New Brunswick. October 7, 2014. Retrieved October 7, 2014.
- "Office of the Premier". Government of Manitoba. Retrieved May 11, 2016.
- "Office of the Premier". Government of British Columbia. Retrieved February 11, 2013.
- "Office of the Premier of Prince Edward Island". Government of Prince Edward Island. Retrieved February 23, 2015.
- "Premier Brad Wall". Government of Saskatchewan. Retrieved February 11, 2013.
- "Premier". Government of Alberta. Retrieved May 24, 2015.
- "Office of the Premier". Government of Newfoundland and Labrador. Retrieved December 15, 2015.
- "Premier Bob McLeod – Biography". Government of the Northwest Territories. Retrieved February 11, 2013.
- "Office of the Premier". Government of Yukon. Retrieved February 11, 2013.