List of current Christian leaders
The 266th bishop of Rome is Pope Francis, who was elected on the 13th of March 2013. As bishop of Rome the pope is the patriarch of the Latin Church, the largest of the Catholic Church's 24 autonomous (sui iuris) churches. He is also head of the college of bishops which governs the universal church. The Papal primacy doctrine of Catholics states that this primacy extends in perpetuity to the Pope and throughout the Catholic Church.
Eastern Catholic Churches
The pope is the supreme leader of the Church, and also, the head of the universal college of bishops. Each autonomous (sui iuris) church has its own patriarch or other presiding bishop:
- Maronite Church: Patriarch Bechara Boutros al-Rahi
- Melkite Greek-Catholic Church: Patriarch Youssef Absi
- Syriac Catholic Church: Patriarch Mar Ignatius Joseph III Yonan
- Coptic Catholic Church: Patriarch Ibrahim Isaac Sidrak
- Armenian Catholic Church: Patriarch Krikor Bedros XX Gabroyan
- Chaldean Catholic Church: Patriarch Louis Raphaël I Sako
- Ukrainian Greek-Catholic Church: Major Archbishop Sviatoslav Shevchuk
- Syro-Malabar Catholic Church: Major Archbishop George Alencherry
- Syro-Malankara Catholic Church: Major Archbishop Moran Mor Baselios Cleemis Catholicos
- Ruthenian Greek Catholic Church: Metropolitan William C. Skurla
- Hungarian Greek Catholic Church: Bishop Péter Fülöp Kocsis
- Slovak Greek Catholic Church: Metropolitan Ján Babjak
- Ethiopian Catholic Church: Archbishop Berhaneyesus Souraphiel
- Eritrean Catholic Church: Archbishop Menghesteab Tesfamariam
- Romanian Greek-Catholic Church: Major Archbishop Lucian Mureșan
Eastern Orthodox Churches
- Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople: Bartholomew I is the spiritual leader of well over 250–300 million Orthodox Christians, though the Ecumenical Patriarch is not considered to be the head of the Eastern Orthodox Church. His official rank is primus inter pares (first among equals).
- Pope and Patriarch of Alexandria: Theodore II
- Patriarch of Antioch: John X
- Patriarch of Jerusalem: Theophilos III
- Patriarch of Moscow and all Rus': Kirill I
- Catholicos-Patriarch of All Georgia: Ilia II
- Patriarch of All Bulgaria: Neophyte
- Archbishop of Peć and Serbian Patriarch: Irinej
- Patriarch of Romania: Daniel
- Archbishop of Cyprus: Chrysostomos II
- Archbishop of Athens and all Greece: Ieronymos II
- Archbishop of Albania: Anastasios
- Metropolitan of All Poland: Sawa Hrycuniak
- Metropolitan of the Czech Lands and Slovakia: Rastislav Gont
- Metropolitan of All America and Canada: Tikhon Mollard (not universally recognised)
- Metropolitan of Kyiv and All Ukraine: Epiphanius I (not universally recognised)
Oriental Orthodox Churches
- Pope of the Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria: Tawadros II. He also holds the title Patriarch of All Africa on the Holy Apostolic See of Saint Mark the Evangelist and is the spiritual leader of more than 16 million Copts.
- Syriac Orthodox Patriarch of Antioch and All the East: Ignatius Aphrem II Karim. He is also the Supreme head of the Jacobite Syrian Christian Church in India.
- Catholicos of All Armenians: Karekin II
- Catholicos of the East: Baselios Mar Thoma Paulose II
- Patriarch-Catholicos of Axum: Abune Mathias
- Patriarch of Eritrea: Abune Dioskoros, though the legitimacy of his assumption of office has been questioned due to his predecessor Abune Antonios being removed from office, which is largely seen as non-canonical, for criticizing the civil government.
Churches Not in Communion
- Patriarch of the Celtic Orthodox Church (or the British Orthodox Church): Abba Seraphim El-Suriani
- Metropolitan of the Malabar Independent Syrian Church: Cyril Mar Baselios I
Church of the East
- Catholicos-Patriarch of the Assyrian Church of the East: Gewargis III.
- Catholicos-Patriarch of the Ancient Church of the East: Addai II Giwargis
Old Catholic Church
- Old Catholic Archbishop of Utrecht Joris Vercammen, the principal leader of the Union of Utrecht. As a primate of the Old Catholic Church in communion with the see of Utrecht, he is considered first among equals though he does not have jurisdictional authority.
- Prime Bishop of the Polish National Catholic Church, Anthony Mikovsky, the principal leader of the Union of Scranton.
- The Monarch of the United Kingdom, Elizabeth II, is the Supreme Governor of the Church of England which places her as the titular leader of Anglican Christians in England.
- The Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby, is the principal leader of the Anglican Communion. In most contexts, however, the Archbishop of Canterbury is considered just the spiritual leader of the Church of England. As Primate of the Church of England and the bishop of the Diocese of Canterbury, the see that churches must be in communion with in order to be a part of the Anglican Communion, he is the symbolic head of the worldwide Anglican Communion. Also known as First Among Equals, he leads through example and persuasion but has no legal jurisdiction outside England.
- Secretary General of the World Evangelical Alliance: Bishop Efraim Tendero
- President of the World Communion of Reformed Churches: Najla Kassab
- President of the World Methodist Council: Bishop Paulo Lockmann
- President of the Confessional Evangelical Lutheran Conference(CELC): Rev. Gaylin Schmeling
- President of the Lutheran World Federation: Archbishop Musa Filibus. Although the president does not have any jurisdiction outside of his own regional church, as president of the LWF he oversees the meetings of the leaders of other regional churches.
- Chairman of the Pentecostal World Fellowship: Dr. William Wilson
- Chief Apostle of the New Apostolic Church: Jean-Luc Schneider 
- President of the General Conference of the Seventh-day Adventist Church: Elder Ted N. C. Wilson
- President of the Baptist World Alliance: Paul Mzisa
- President of the Southern Baptist Convention: Pastor J.D. Greear.
- President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: Russell M. Nelson
- Presiding Bishop of the Church Of God In Christ Inc.: Charles E. Blake
- Executive Minister of Iglesia Ni Cristo: Eduardo V. Manalo
- General of The Salvation Army: Brian Peddle
- Prophet-President of the Community of Christ: Stephen M. Veazey
- Patriarch of the Czechoslovak Hussite Church: Tomáš Butta
- President of the Synod of the Reformed Church in the United States: Dr. Frank Walker
- Overall Servant of the Members Church of God International: Eliseo Soriano
- Metropolitan of Malankara: Moran mor Joseph Mar Thoma XXI, Primate of the Malankara Mar Thoma Syrian Church
- Biography of HH Mar Gewargis III Archived 2015-10-02 at the Wayback Machine, published September 28, 2015; retrieved October 30, 2015
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on April 16, 2010. Retrieved March 21, 2010.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-07-26. Retrieved 2009-07-22.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Structures & Ministries: New Apostolic Church International (NAC)". www.nak.org. Retrieved 2020-08-08.