List of current bus operators of the United Kingdom
- This list is a structured list of current operators, for an alphabetically ordered index of current and former operators, see List of bus operators of the United Kingdom
Most bus services in the United Kingdom are run by the Big 5, five large groups of companies which emerged in the 1990s from the consolidation of bus companies privatised in the 1980s. These groups are all focussed on transport. Some of them also run rail services, express coach services and overseas transport companies.
- Go-Ahead Group
- National Express
- Stagecoach Group
A number of large foreign companies have entered the UK bus market. Their UK bus operations are not yet large, but they are growing.
- Abellio part of Nederlandse Spoorwegen.
- ComfortDelGro, of Singapore.
- RATPDev, of France.
- Transdev, of France.
Other bus groups
- Wellglade Group
For a list of the remaining local-government owned bus companies see Municipal bus companies.
In London, a variety of companies run buses under contract to London Buses. They are:
- companies owned by three of the 'Big 5':
- companies owned by other groups:
- social enterprises:
In Northern Ireland most bus services are operated by government-owned Translink through their subsidiaries:
Some cross-border services are operated by Bus Éireann.
- Blue Bus of North Lanarkshire (Law of Shotts)
- Glasgow Citybus
- McGill's Bus Services
- West Coast Motors
Tour bus companies
- City Sightseeing
- The Big Bus Company
- The Original Tour, part of RATP Dev bought from Arriva in 2014.
UK express coach operators include: