List of current members of the United States Congress by wealth
This article needs to be updated.(February 2017)
This list of members of the United States Congress by wealth includes only the fifty richest current members of Congress and displays the difference between assets and liabilities for the member and his or her immediate family, such as a spouse or dependent children. These figures can never be entirely accurate, because the financial disclosure requirements for the United States Congress are approximate by design. The original documents for each member's disclosure are publicly available on a database website, maintained by the Center for Responsive Politics. For 2014, the median net worth of Congresspersons was $456,522. The full list may be found in the cited link.
In 2015, to rank among the top 50 wealthiest members of Congress required a net worth of at least $7.28 million.
- "Wealth of Congress". Roll Call. Retrieved 14 December 2016.
- http://www.opensecrets.org/pfds/overview.php "OpenSecrets.org, Personal Finances Net Worth 2011"
- Dennis, Steven; Hunter, Jay (22 October 2014). "Wealth of Congress Jumps $150 Million". Roll Call. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- "Greg Gianforte: A look at the newly-elected Montana congressman accused of assaulting reporter". May 26, 2017. Retrieved May 30, 2017.
- "What you need to know about Greg Gianforte and Montana's election". Retrieved May 30, 2017.