List of democratic schools
|Part of the Politics series on|
This is a list of some of the current and former democratic schools around the world. This list also includes sub-branches of democratic schools such as Sudbury schools inspired by the Sudbury Valley School and certain anarchistic free schools that align with the broad principles of democratic education.
New South Wales:
- Preshil Kew, Melbourne VIC
- Alia College Hawthorn East, Melbourne VIC
- School of Creative Education Cockatoo VIC
- Koonwarra village school, Koonwarra VIC
- Phillip Island Village school, Phillip island
- Brisbane Independent School Pullenvale, Brisbane QLD
- Escola Lumiar (São Paulo)
- Politeia Escola Democrática (São Paulo)
- Projeto Âncora (Cotia, São Paulo)
- EMEF Desembargador Amorim Lima (São Paulo)
- Escola Estadual Campos Salles (São Paulo)
- Rebeca Wild and the Pesta
- Walden's Path (Hyderabad)
- Democratic School of Hadera (Hadera)
- Makom Ligdol - Democratic school in Hakfar Hayarok (Ramat HsSharon)
- The Keshet School (Zichron Yaakov)
- Auckland Metropolitan College, Mt. Eden, Auckland--(closed December 2001)
- Ao Tawhiti Unlimited Discovery, Christchurch (needs checking - special character school but not democratic)
- Tamariki School, Christchurch
- Deep Green Bush-School, Auckland
- Escola da Ponte (Vila Das AVES)
- Sands School (Ashburton, Devon)
- Summerhill School (Leiston, Suffolk)
- The Family School (SW London, temporarily closed)
- Hebden Bridge School (Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire)
Former democratic schools now closed
- Dartington Hall School Devon
- Kilquhanity School, Kirkcudbright
- Kirkdale School
- Malting House School, Cambridge
- Rowen House School (Belper)
- Risinghill School, London
- Scotland Road Free School (Liverpool)
- The Small School (Hartland, Devon)
- Deep Springs College (Deep Springs)
- Brooklyn Free School, Brooklyn, f. 2004
- Albany Free School (Albany)
- Fifteenth Street School, (Manhattan), (associated with Orson Bean) f. 1964  (closed)
- Lehman Alternative Community School (Ithaca)
- Arthur Morgan School (Burnsville)
- The Circle School (Harrisburg)
- The Delta Program, a program within State College Area High School (State College)
- Philadelphia Free School
- The Sphere College Project (Phoenixville)
- Upattinas School and Resource Center (Glenmoore) (closed)
- The New School of Northern Virginia (Fairfax)
- The Clearwater School (Bothell)
- The Highland School (Highland)
- Democratic education
- List of Sudbury schools
- Collaborative learning
- Constructionist learning
- Rouge Forum
- Lists of schools
- List of Montessori schools
- "מקום לגדול - גן ובית ספר דמוקרטי בכפר הירוק". Makomligdol.org.il. Retrieved 2017-02-27.
- Etiel, Yoav (23 January 2007). "Keshet, The Democratic School in Zichron Yaacov". 30900.com/eng/. BarEl Properties. Archived from the original on 2 November 2014. Retrieved 2 November 2014.
- Leue 2000, p. 65.
- "The Shimer College Assembly". Blog.shimer.edu. 2010-02-08. Archived from the original on 2012-05-17. Retrieved 2012-09-22.
- Franks, Lucinda; Powers, Thomas (September 17, 1970). "Diana Oughton Was Embittered by Establishment". Times-News. 95 (215). United Press International.
- Gell, Aaron (May 7, 2006). "Land of the Free". The New York Times. Archived from the original on December 7, 2013. Retrieved December 7, 2013.
- Kavner, Lucas (November 30, 2012). "At Brooklyn Free School, A Movement Reborn With Liberty And No Testing For All". The Huffington Post. AOL. Archived from the original on December 7, 2013. Retrieved December 7, 2013.
Leue, Mary M., ed. (2000). Challenging the Giant: The best of [SKOLE], the Journal of Alternative Education. 4. Down-to-Earth Books. ISBN 1-878115-13-8. OCLC 250561130.