Dentistry in Israel
- Hebrew University-Hadassah School of Dental Medicine in Jerusalem, founded by the Alpha Omega Fraternity
- Tel Aviv University School of Dental Medicine in Tel Aviv
Dental training centers include Rambam Health Care Campus in Haifa and Barzilai Medical Center in Ashkelon. Post-graduate programs of the Sheba Medical Center in Tel Hashomer are run by the Medical Corps of the Israel Defense Forces.
With 7,500 practicing dentists and close to 300 new dentists joining the profession each year, Israel has one of the highest proportions of dentists to the general population in the world. Around 85% of all dentists in Israel work in private clinics or group practice. There are 5,000 private dental clinics in Israel as well as 200 clinics operated by the health funds.
Israel has 60 companies that manufacture dental supplies and equipment, including dental labs and implants, X-rays, attachments, polishers, mixers, bur sets and diamond instruments.
- Health care in Israel
- List of medical schools in Israel
- Dentistry throughout the world
- American Dental Volunteers for Israel
- Nostalgia Sunday – Israeli dentistry gets a wisdom tooth
- The Israeli dentistry equipment market
- Deutsch D, Palmon A, Fisher LW, Kolodny N, Termine JD, Young MF (August 1991). "Sequencing of bovine enamelin ("tuftelin") a novel acidic enamel protein". J. Biol. Chem. 266 (24): 16021–8. PMID 1874744.