List of dermatologists
This is a list of dermatologists who have made notable contributions to the field of dermatology.
|Alibert, Jean-Louis-MarcJean-Louis-Marc Alibert||1768–1837||French||Authored one of the first dermatologic atlases, entitled "Descriptions des maladies de la peau"|
|Astruc, JeanJean Astruc||1684–1766||American||Wrote the first great treatise on syphilis and venereal diseases, and considered, by some, to be the "founder of modern dermatology"|
|Bentley, Robert J.Robert J. Bentley||1943–||American||Governor of Alabama|
|Crocker, Henry RadcliffeHenry Radcliffe Crocker||1846–1909||English||Wrote Diseases of the Skin: their Description, Pathology, Diagnosis and Treatment, which established him as a leading figure in the field|
|Goldman, Mitchel P.Mitchel P. Goldman||1955–||American||Author of twenty one medical textbooks on the subject|
|Klein, Jeffrey A.Jeffrey A. Klein||American||Described the "tumescent liposuction technique", which added high volumes of fluid containing a local anesthetic, allowing the procedure to be done in an office setting under intravenous sedation rather than general anesthesia|
|Meisenheimer, LuckyLucky Meisenheimer||1957–||American||Also has Guinness world record collection of yo-yos; athlete, author, and actor|
|Orentreich, NormanNorman Orentreich||1922–||American||Performed the first successful modern hair transplants in 1952 in his New York office. Created Clinique, the first widely popular cosmetics brand developed by a dermatologist.|
|Unger, Walter P.Walter P. Unger||American||Pioneering investigations in modern hair restoration surgery|
- Dr. Archibald Newlands (Martin Donovan) in the television series Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
- Dr. Sara Sitarides (Marcia Cross) in the television sitcom Seinfeld
- Dr. Emily Sweeney (Laura Spencer) in the television series The Big Bang Theory
- Alibert JLM (1806). Descriptions des maladies de la peau observées a l’Hôpital Saint-Louis, et exposition des meilleures méthodes suivies pour leur traitement (in French). Paris: Barrois l’ainé. p. 286. Archived from the original on 2012-12-12.
- "The History of Dermatology". Retrieved 2009-04-13.
- Burton, J. L. (1988), "Diet and Dermatology in 1888: The Influence of H. Radcliffe Crocker", British Journal of Dermatology, British Association of Dermatologists, 119: 471–477, doi:10.1111/j.1365-2133.1988.tb03250.x, retrieved 23 May 2010