List of diplomats of the United Kingdom to Albania
The Ambassador of the United Kingdom to Albania is the United Kingdom's foremost diplomatic representative in the Republic of Albania.
The Treaty of London (1913) recognised the independence of Albania and the Principality of Albania was established in February 1914, but due to World War I and subsequent repercussions, the UK did not establish diplomatic relations until after the League of Nations recognized Albania in December 1920 and an invasion by Yugoslavia which withdrew in November 1921.
In the early years of the Albanian state, diplomatic missions were located in Durazzo (Durrës) and a British Legation was set up there. The embassy in the capital, Tirana, exists only since diplomatic relations were re-established in 1991 after a long break.
Heads of Mission
- Envoy Extraordinary and Minister Plenipotentiary
- 1922–1926: Harry Eyres
- 1926: William O'Reilly
- 1926–1928: William Seeds
- 1928–1936: Sir Robert Hodgson
- 1936–1939: Sir Andrew Ryan
Sir Andrew Ryan left shortly after the Italian invasion in April 1939.
- 1939–1940: Laurence Grafftey-Smith
- 1939–1991: No relations due to World War II and Corfu Channel incidents.
- Ambassador to Italy (also accredited to Albania)
- Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
- 1996–1998: Andrew Tesorière
- 1998–1999: Stephen Nash
- 1999–2001: Peter January
- 2001–2003: David Landsman
- 2003–2006: Richard Jones
- 2006–2009: Fraser Wilson
- 2009–2012: Fiona McIlwham
- 2012–2016: Nicholas Cannon
- 2016–present[update]: Duncan Norman
- The London Gazette: . 7 February 1922.
- The London Gazette: . 1 June 1926.
- The London Gazette: . 19 November 1926.
- The London Gazette: . 12 October 1928.
- The London Gazette: . 16 October 1936.
- Elsie, Robert (2010). Historical Dictionary of Albania. Scarecrow Press. p. 11.
- The London Gazette: . 12 January 1940.
- "Ambassadors". Hansard. 1 September 2003.
- "Change of Her Majesty's Ambassador to the Republic of Albania". Foreign & Commonwealth Office. 13 February 2012.
- "Change of Her Majesty's Ambassador to Albania". Foreign & Commonwealth Office. 4 December 2015.
- "Welcoming to Tirana the new British Ambassador to Albania H.E. Duncan Norman". UK in Albania. 16 July 2016.