List of distributed computing conferences
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The conferences listed here are major conferences of the area; they have been selected using the following criteria:-
- the notability of the conference has been confirmed by multiple independent sources; for example, it has been mentioned in textbooks or other sources, or it has received a high ranking
- the conference focuses on distributed and parallel computing (instead of having a much broader scope such as algorithms in general)
- the conference covers a reasonably large part of the fields of distributed and parallel computing (instead of focusing on a narrow sub-topic).
For the first criterion, references are provided; criteria 2–3 are usually clear from the name of the conference.
- DISC — International Symposium on Distributed Computing
- formerly: WDAG — Workshop on Distributed Algorithms on Graphs
- organized in cooperation with the European Association for Theoretical Computer Science (EATCS)
- ICDCS — International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems
- sponsored by IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Distributed Processing (TCDP)
- organized in 1979, 1981, 1983, and annually since 1984
- ICPADS — International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems
- sponsored by IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Distributed Processing (TCDP) and Technical Committee on Parallel Processing (TCPP)
- organized in 1992
- IPDPS — International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium
- OPODIS — International Conference on Principles of Distributed Systems
- PODC — ACM Symposium on Principles of Distributed Computing
- PPoPP — ACM SIGPLAN Symposium on Principles and Practice of Parallel Programming
- SIROCCO — International Colloquium on Structural Information and Communication Complexity
- SPAA — ACM Symposium on Parallelism in Algorithms and Architectures
- formerly: ACM Symposium on Parallel Algorithms and Architectures
- sponsored by the ACM special interest groups SIGACT and SIGARCH, organized in cooperation with the European Association for Theoretical Computer Science (EATCS)
- organized annually since 1989
- Nancy Ann Lynch: Distributed Algorithms, Morgan Kaufmann, 1996, ISBN 978-1-55860-348-6. Section 1.4, "Bibliographic notes", mentions the following conferences: PODC, FOCS, STOC, SPAA, WDAG.
- Gerard Tel: Introduction to Distributed Algorithms, 2nd ed., Cambridge University Press, 2000, ISBN 978-0-521-79483-1. Sect. 1.3.3, "Research field", mentions the following conferences: PODC, WDAG/DISC, STOC, FOCS.
- Chryssis Georgiou, Alexander A. Shvartsman: Do-All Computing in Distributed Systems: Cooperation in the Presence of Adversity, Springer, 2007, ISBN 978-0-387-30918-7. Section "Bibliographic notes" in "Preface" mentions the following conferences: PODC, SPAA, STOC, SODA, FOCS, ICDCS, DISC, OPODIS, SIROCCO.
- PODC mailing list instructions mention the following conferences (in addition to PODC): DISC, ICDCN, ICDCS, OPODIS, PPoPP, SIROCCO, SPAA, SSS.
- Roger Wattenhofer: PODC 2007 Statistics. The following conferences are listed as other conferences where PODC authors have published most, during the last 5 years: DISC, OPODIS, SPAA, SIROCCO, ICDCS, SRDS, STOC, SODA, FOCS, ESA.
- The 2007 Australian Ranking of ICT Conferences Archived 2009-10-02 at the Wayback Machine. In this ranking, the tiers Archived 2008-07-18 at the Wayback Machine are A+ ("... one of the very best in its field or subfield..."), A ("... would add to the author's respect..."), B ("... some confidence that research was done..."), L ("... local conferences..."), and C (the rest). Conferences on the tier A+ include PODC. Conferences on the tier A include the following: CONCUR, DISC, EuroPar, HiPC, HPDC, ICDCS, ICPP, ICS, IPDPS, MassPar, NDSS, PACT, PADS, P2P, PPoPP, PPSN, SPAA, SRDS, SUPER.
- In this ranking, the tiers Conferences on Top Tier include PPoPP, and the Second Tier include PODC SPAA ICDCS ICPADS CCC.