List of druids and neo-druids
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The only historical druid known by name is Diviciacus of the Aedui (fl. 1st century BC)
- Amergin Glúingel
- Bodhmall—female druid in the Fenian cycle
- Cathbad --- Ulster cycle
- Gwenc'hlan—6th century Breton
- Merlin—from the Arthurian legends
- Mug Ruith—blind druid in Irish mythology
- Tadg mac Nuadat—Fenian cycle
- Tlachtga—daughter of Mug Ruith
- Bé Chuille—One of the Tuatha Dé Danann in Irish mythology featured in a tale from the Metrical Dindshenchas
- Biróg—A druidess of the Tuatha De Danann in Irish mythology
- Relbeo—Nemedian druidess, daughter of the King of Greece and mother of Fergus Lethderg and Alma One-Tooth
- Dornoll—Druidess in Scotland, who normally trained heroes in warfare, particularly Laegaire, Conall and Cu Chulainn. Daughter of Domnall Mildemail.
Modern druids or neo-druids
- Erwen Berthou (Breton)
- Gwilherm Berthou (Breton)
- Isaac Bonewits (US, 1949-2010)
- Philip Carr-Gomm (British)
- Robert Lee "Skip" Ellison
- Jean Le Fustec Breton Grand Druid from 1900 to 1903.
- Godfrey Higgins (British, born 1772)
- Ellen Evert Hopman (US)
- Per Vari Kerloc'h Breton Grand Druid from 2008
- Paul Ladmirault (Breton)
- Pêr Loisel-Eostig Sarzhaw from 1956 to 1980.
- Morvan Marchal (Breton)
- Gerald Massey (English, 1828-1907)
- Iolo Morganwg (Welsh, 1747-1826)
- Brendan Myers (Canadian)
- Ross Nichols (British, 1902-1975)
- William Price (Welsh, 1800-1893)
- Emma Restall Orr (British)
- Gwenc'hlan Le Scouëzec Breton Grand Druid from 1981 to 2008.
- BranDuir Scandinavian Grand Druid from 1996 and onwards
- François Taldir-Jaffrennou Breton Grand Druid from 1933 to 1955.
- Getafix, a Gaulish druid appearing in the French comic series The Adventures of Asterix . Original French name is Panoramix.
- Merlin, a wizard who appears in Arthurian legend and is presented as a druid in some modern works, including The Warlord Chronicles series of books by Bernard Cornwell and the 2004 film King Arthur.
- Taliesin, a powerful druid and the penultimate "Merlin" of Britain in the Mists of Avalon novel by Marion Zimmer Bradley
- Allanon, one of the main protagonists in the Shannara series by author Terry Brooks.
- Pikel Bouldershoulder, in the novels of The Cleric Quintet series by R.A. Salvatore.
- Amergin, bard in the novel Bard, by Morgan Llywelyn, and his brother Colptha, a diviner.
- Atticus O'Sullivan, real name Siodhachan O Suileabhain, last of the Druids in The Iron Druid Chronicles series.
- Kevin, druid, harpist and last "Merlin" of Britain, in the Mists of Avalon novel by Marion Zimmer Bradley