List of earthquakes in Alaska
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is an incomplete list of earthquakes in Alaska.
|2018-11-30||VIII||7.1 Mw||46.7 km||117||Road Damage |
|2018-01-23||7.9 Mw||10 km|||
|2016-01-24||VII||7.1 Mw||127.8 km|
|2014-06-23||VI||7.9 Mw||107.5 km||Tsunami|
|2002-11-03||IX||7.9 Mw||13 km||1|
|1986-05-07||VI||8.0 Mw||19 km||Moderate damage / tsunami|||
|1975-02-02||IX||7.6 Ms||10 km||15|
|1965-02-04||VI||8.7 Mw||36 km||Tsunami|
|1964-03-27||XI||9.2 Mw||23 km||139||Tsunami|
|1958-07-10||XI||7.8 Mw||35 km||5||Megatsunami|
|1957-03-09||VIII||8.6 Mw||25 km||Tsunami|
|1946-04-01||VI||8.6 Mw||15 km||165–173||Tsunami|
|1899-09-10||8.0 Mw||—||47 feet (14 metres) uplift|||
|Note: The inclusion criteria for adding events are based on WikiProject Earthquakes' notability guideline that was developed for stand-alone articles. The principles described also apply to lists. In summary, only damaging, injurious, or deadly events and those of scientific interest should be recorded.|
- "M 7.1 - 14km NNW of Anchorage, Alaska". usgs.gov. United States Geological Survey. November 30, 2018.
- "Alaska earthquake claimed no lives, officials say, but infrastructure damage is another story". FOX News. FOX News Network, LLC. November 30, 2018.
- "M 7.9 - 280km SE of Kodiak, Alaska". usgs.gov. United States Geological Survey. January 23, 2018.
- National Geophysical Data Center / World Data Service (NGDC/WDS) (1972), Significant Earthquake Database (Data Set), National Geophysical Data Center, NOAA, doi:10.7289/V5TD9V7K
- Page, RA; Biswas, NN; Lahr, JC; Pulpan, H (1991) Seismicity of continental Alaska. In: Slemmons, DB; Engdahl, ER; Zoback, MD; Blackwell, DD (eds.). Neotectonics of North America (PDF). Boulder, Colorado: Geological Society of America.