List of eating utensils
Humans in different cultures use a variety of tools to eat. This is a list of eating implements.
- Spoon – List of types of spoons
- Chopsticks – Asian utensil
- Cutlery – Western utensil
Over time, these utensils were combined in various ways in attempts to make eating more convenient or to reduce the total number of utensils required.
- Chopfork – A utensil with a fork at one end and chopsticks/tongs at the other.
- Chork – Pointed and slightly curved tongs, which can be used like chopsticks (as pincers) or as a fork (for spearing). A different kind of chork is a fork with a split handle, which can be broken in half to make two chopsticks.
- Forkchops – Used in a pair, these are basically a pair of chopsticks with a small fork and knife on the non-pointed ends.
- Knork – A fork with edge tines sharpened or serrated.
- Spoon Straw – A scoop-ended drinking straw intended for slushies and milkshakes.
- Sporf – A utensil consisting of a spoon on one end, a fork on other, and edge tines that sharpened or serrated.
- Spork – Spoon and Fork
- Splayd – Spoon and Fork and Knife
- Spife – Spoon and Knife
Utensils for specific foods
Some utensils are useful only for specific foods.
- Crab cracker
- Fondue fork
- Grapefruit knife
- Grapefruit spoon
- Lobster pick
- Snail tongs and forks
- Trongs – "tri" and "tongs"
- Honey dipper
- Meat claws
- Eating utensil etiquette
- List of food preparation utensils
- List of serving utensils
- "And all I got was this lousy.. Chopforks!". sinosoul.com. Retrieved 2013-05-30.
- Gim, Sarah J. (2007-02-16). "Chork: Chopstick forks for your Asian fusion cuisine". Slashfood. Retrieved 2013-05-30.
- Cognito (2007-03-27). "The Chork - AKA The Chopstick Fork". Trendhunter.com. Retrieved 2013-05-30.
- "From Spork to Chork « Will BLANK For Food". Willblankforfood.net. 2010-06-02. Retrieved 2013-05-30.
- Tisah Tucknott. "Cheater Chopsticks - Forkchops Lets Westerners Eat Like Asians (GALLERY)". Trendhunter.com. Retrieved 2013-05-30.