List of ecoregions in Yemen
Yemen lies on the boundary between two of the world's terrestrial ecozones. The Afrotropic ecozone covers the mountainous southern and eastern fringe of the Arabian Peninsula as well as Sub-Saharan Africa and Madagascar. The Palearctic ecozone covers the rest of the Arabian Peninsula as well as temperate Eurasia and Northern Africa.
- Arabian Desert and East Sahero-Arabian xeric shrublands (Palearctic)
- Arabian Peninsula coastal fog desert (Afrotropic)
- Red Sea Nubo-Sindian tropical desert and semi-desert (Palearctic)
- Socotra Island xeric shrublands (Afrotropic)
- Southwestern Arabian foothills savanna (Afrotropic)
- Southwestern Arabian montane woodlands (Afrotropic)
- Burgess, Neil, Jennifer D’Amico Hales, Emma Underwood (2004). Terrestrial Ecoregions of Africa and Madagascar: A Conservation Assessment. Island Press, Washington DC.
- Spalding, Mark D., Helen E. Fox, Gerald R. Allen, Nick Davidson et al. "Marine Ecoregions of the World: A Bioregionalization of Coastal and Shelf Areas". Bioscience Vol. 57 No. 7, July/August 2007, pp. 573-583.