List of electric-vehicle-battery manufacturers
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
According to Shenzhen-Guangdong Industry Research CATL is the largest producer of Lithum-ion batteries for electric mobility with a capacity of 12 GWh. Followed by Panasonic and BYD.  According to Shenzhen Gaogong Industry Research, CATL last year churned out 11.8 GWh in battery capacity, a surge of over 74% from 2016. Japan’s Panasonic was second-largest with 10 GWh, and BYD came in third with 7.2 GWh. Another China-based maker, OptimumNano Energy Co. Ltd., and South Korea’s LG Chem were No. 4 and No. 5, producing 5.5 GWh and 4.5 GWh respectively.
|Battery manufacturer||Carmaker||Year Founded||Production Capacity||Used in production Vehicle||Type of battery||Still in operation|
|A123Systems||Killacycle motorcycle, General Motors (Chevrolet Spark EV), Fisker Automotive (Karma PHEV), Daimler Buses North America (Orion VII), Smith Electric Vehicles electric trucks,Chery Auto, Kandi, Navistar electric trucks, ALTe Powertrain Technologies extended-range EV powertrains, VIA Motors extended-range VTRUX, three cars with Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp.'s Roewe brand (an EV, a PHEV and an HEV), BMW (ActiveHybrid 3 and ActiveHybrid 5 hybrid electric vehicles), Mercedes-Benz High Performance Engines (Formula One racing kinetic energy recovery system (KERS), Buckeye Bullet land-speed racer||2001||1.5 GWh by 2018||Yes||lithium ion (lithium iron phosphate)||Yes|
|Altairnano||Phoenix Motorcars, Lightning Car Company, Proterra||lithium titanate|
|Axeon||Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, Modec, Allied Vehicles, RUF Automobile, Jaguar Cars, Land Rover, Electric Car Corporation||lithium iron phosphate|
|Coslight India||Electric Bus LFP batteries, EV LFP Batteries, E car LFP & NMC batteries||lithium-ion|
|Guoxuan High-Tech (Gotion Inc.)||BAIC, SAIC, JAC Motors, Zoyte, Kinglong||Lithium iron phosphate, NMC|
|Axion Power International||ePower Engine Systems||lead carbon|
|Boston Power ||Beijing Automotive Group, Saab Automobile ||lithium-ion|
|E-One Moli Energy||BMW Mini-E ||Lithium-ion||Yes|
|Electrovaya||Scheduled to provide batteries for future Tata motors vehicles and Chrysler plug-ins.||lithium-ion battery (Li-ion)|
|EnerDel||Preproduction and prototype batteries for Think Global||lithium-ion battery (Li-ion)|
|Johnson Controls||Batteries for Daimler AG, Ford; scheduled to provide batteries for XL Hybrid ||lithium-ion battery (Li-ion)|
|Lian Innovative||Prototype Batteries for IRanKhodro.||Lithium-ion Battery|
|Li-Tec Battery GmbH||Batteries for Daimler AG and others||lithium-ion battery (Li-ion)|
|NEC||Produced prototype batteries for Nissan; Automotive Energy Supply (AESC) is Nissan’s joint venture with NEC |
|Canbat Batteries||Manufactures automotive batteries including JIS, DIN and BCI||lithium-ion|
|Panasonic||Manufactures automotive batteries and cells, mostly for Tesla Motors||lithium-ion||Yes|
|Primearth EV Energy Co, a joint venture between Toyota and Matsushita Electric Industrial Co||Future Toyota products|
|Rexnamo Electro||Batteries for Rexnamo EV's, ULTra Fairwood.||2013||lithium-ion||Yes|
|Samsung SDI||Manufactures batteries for BMW and Volkswagen electric cars and plug-in hybrids.||?||Yes|
|Sanyo||Provides NiMH batteries for Honda and Ford hybrid vehicles and Suzuki Swift||NiMH|
|SK Innovation||Kia Soul EV, Daimler A.G. (SLS AMG E-cell), Hyundai (BlueOn),||200MW by 2016||Yes||Lithium polymer battery (LiPo)||Yes|
|Thunder Sky ||For the Tazzari Zero|
|Tesla||Building gigafactory in joint venture with Panasonic;  The Gigafactory 1 planned annual battery production capacity of 35 gigawatt-hours, by 2018||lithium-ion||Yes|
|K2 Energy Solutions||lithium iron phosphate (LFP)|
|Valence Technology||lithium ion (lithium iron phosphate)|
|LG Chem||General Motors: Chevrolet Volt Gen 1, Gen 2, Chevy Spark, Chevy Bolt, Cadillac ELR
Groupe Renault: Renault ZOE, Renault Twizy
Hyundai: Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
FoMoCo: Ford Focus Electric
Volvo Cars: Volvo S60 II, Volvo V60, Volvo XC90 II, Volvo S90/V90 II
|GS Yuasa||Joint ventures with Mitsubishi Motors, and Mitsubishi Corp.; provides batteries for Mitsubishi||lithium-ion|
|XALT Energy||Electric buses and marine batteries||lithium-ion|
|Electeca||Electric Rickshaw and Electric Van||lithium-ion|
|Enertech International||Electric Vehicle and Electric Buses batteries||lithium-ion
|Lithium Battery Wale||For All type Of e-Vehicles and e-Rickshaws||Lithium-Ion||Yes|
- "Newcomer Surges to Top of Electric-Vehicle Battery Market_Caixin Global_财新网". www.caixinglobal.com. Retrieved 2018-05-10.
- "A123 Systems". www.a123systems.com. Retrieved 2016-12-05.
- "http://www.a123systems.com/25860b56-b942-4e8e-b4fd-fe262f7027df/media-room-2015-press-releases-detail.htm". www.a123systems.com. Retrieved 2016-12-05. External link in
- "Lithium Ion Batteries for Passenger Vehicles - A123 Systems". www.a123systems.com. Retrieved 2016-12-05.
- "Electric Bus - Zero-Emission Bus - EV Bus". Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- "Home". Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- "Fiat 500e Is First Electric Vehicle to Feature Bosch Battery Pack". Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- "Welcome - Boston-Power". Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- "Press Releases - Boston-Power". Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- Garthwaite, Josie (15 December 2009). "Battery Maker Boston-Power Teams Up With Saab, Swedes for Electric Cars". Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- "E-One Moli Energy to Provide Batteries for MINI E". Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-05-09. Retrieved 2010-06-11.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-10-31. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Johnson Controls, XL Hybrids in lithium-ion battery deal - EE Times". Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- "Custom lithium ion Battery Manufacturer". Retrieved 2016-05-01.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-19. Retrieved 2010-11-05.
- "Nissan Nuvu". Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- Media, BioAge. "Green Car Congress: Nissan and Portugal Exploring Establishing Li-ion Battery Plant in Portugal". Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- "Top EV Battery Producers (2015 vs 2014 Top 10 List)". 26 March 2016. Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- "Panasonic Presents First Electric Vehicle Battery to Tesla". 30 June 2010. Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- Foundation, Thomson Reuters. "Humanitarian - Thomson Reuters Foundation News". Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- "Samsung SDI Automotive Battery - Index - Samsung SDI". Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- "Could 2017 BMW i3 Use Samsung SDI's Planned 94 Ah Battery Cells?". 27 November 2015. Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- "Automotive Battery - Application - Samsung SDI". Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- "How LG Chem Can Dethrone Panasonic as the World's Leading EV Battery Supplier". Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- Media, BioAge. "Green Car Congress: Sanyo to More than Double NiMH Battery Production Based on Hybrid Demand". Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- "SK Innovation". www.skinnovation.com. 20 December 2016.
- "SK Innovation Battery". www.skinnovation.com. 20 December 2016.
- "雷天温斯顿能源集团有限公司". Archived from the original on 8 May 2015. Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- "Panasonic and Tesla Sign Agreement for the Gigafactory". www.tesla.com. Retrieved 2016-08-12.
- "Tesla Gigafactory | Tesla". www.tesla.com. Retrieved 2016-12-04.
- "K2 Energy - Executing Engineering Excellence". Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- http://www.autobloggreen.com/2007/12/03/evs23-valence-technology-introduces-large-format-lithium-batter/ Large format lithium phosphate batteries
- "LG Chem to supply Volvo with electric vehicle batteries". Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- "LG Chem ESS Company - LG Chem ESS Partner". Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- "Volvo to link up with LG Electronics to develop future electric cars". Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- "Differentiation - Automotive Battery - LG Chem". Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- "i MiEV Electric Car to Have Second Battery Factory Because of High Demand". Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- "XALT Energy - Lithium Ion Battery Energy Solutions". Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- "Kirti Solar - A venture of Pekon Group".