List of elevator manufacturers
This is a list of companies that manufacture elevators. An elevator is a type of vertical transport equipment that efficiently moves people or goods between floors (levels, decks) of a building, vessel, or other structure. Elevators are generally powered by electric motors that either drive traction cables or counterweight systems like a hoist, or pump hydraulic fluid to raise a cylindrical piston like a jack.
Current elevator manufacturers
- Acorn Mobility Services
- Aichi small-elevator manufacturing corporation
- Anton Freissler – invented and developed a number of paternoster and elevators
- Canton Elevator Incorporated
- Delaware Elevator Manufacturing
- Stannah Lifts
- Sicher elevator
- Hyundai Elevator
- LG Elevator
- Marshall Elevator
- MEI-Total Elevator Solutions
- Mitsubishi Electric
- Orona Group
- Otis Elevator Company
- Schindler Group
- Schumacher Elevator Company
- Sigma Elevator
- ((Johnson elevator))
- ((GYG elevator www.gyg.co.kr))
- ((Hanjin elevator))
- Cibes Lift
- Delta Elevator
- Liftech SA
Home elevator manufacturers
Former elevator manufacturers
- Armor - U.S. division bought by Kone in 1981, Canadian division bought by Schindler in 1982.
- Dover Corporation - Elevator division acquired by Thyssen AG in 1999, now Thyssenkrupp.
- Atlas - Brazilian company part of the Villares Steel group, acquired by Schindler in 1999, now succeeded by Atlas Schindler.
- Esco - Fort Worth, TX based elevator company known for their hydraulic elevators. Acquired by Otis Elevator in the early 1990s.
- Haughton Elevator Company - Bought by Schindler in 1979, succeeded by Schindler Haughton, completely defunct by 1989
- Indolift - Indonesian company founded in 1981, acquired by Kone in 1995.
- Montgomery Elevator - Acquired by Kone, Canadian division in 1985 and U.S. division in 1994.
- Roelofson Elevator - Founded in Galt (currently Cambridge) Ontario, in the early 1900's, and known for hydraulic elevator designs. Acquired by Montgomery Elevator in the early 1960's, and operated as the Canadian Division of that company, until acquired by Kone.
- Schweizerische Aufzügefabrik AG
- SÛR - Brazilian company bought by Thyssen AG in 1999, became ThyssenSÛR, now ThyssenKrupp.
- Turnbull - Bought by Dover in 1966
- Westinghouse - Elevator division bought by Schindler in 1989
- United States Elevator - Former subsidiary of Cubic Corporation. First acquired by Thyssen AG in 1993, continued as one of its subsidiaries, completely defunct after its acquistition of Dover in 1999
- Deve - bought by Schindler, named Deve-Schindler in the late 1990’s
- Dongyang - acquired by ThyssenKrupp in 2003
- Thyssen AG - defunct by ThyssenKrupp in the 1999
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Elevator manufacturers.|