List of elevator manufacturers
This is a list of companies that manufacture elevators. An elevator is a type of vertical transport equipment that efficiently moves people or goods between floors (levels, decks) of a building, vessel, or other structure. Elevators are generally powered by electric motors that either drive traction cables or counterweight systems like a hoist, or pump hydraulic fluid to raise a cylindrical piston like a jack.
Current elevator manufacturers
- Aichi small-elevator manufacturing corporation
- Anton Freissler – invented and developed a number of paternoster and elevators
- Delaware Elevator Manufacturing
- Stannah Lifts
- Sicher elevator
- Hyundai Elevator
- Marshall Elevator
- Minnesota Elevator
- Mitsubishi Electric
- Otis Elevator Company
- Schindler Group
- Cibes Lift
Former elevator manufacturers
- Armor - U.S. division bought by Kone in 1981, Canadian division bought by Schindler in 1982.
- Dover Corporation - Elevator division acquired by Thyssen AG in 1999, now Thyssenkrupp.
- Atlas - Brazilian company part of the Villares Steel group, acquired by Schindler in 1999, now succeeded by Atlas Schindler.
- Esco - Fort Worth, TX based elevator company known for their hydraulic elevators. Acquired by Otis Elevator in the early 1990s.
- Haughton Elevator Company - Bought by Schindler in 1979, succeeded by Schindler Haughton, completely defunct by 1989
- Indolift - Indonesian company founded in 1981, acquired by Kone in 1995.
- Montgomery Elevator - Acquired by Kone, Canadian division in 1985 and U.S. division in 1994.
- Schweizerische Aufzügefabrik AG
- SÛR - Brazilian company bought by Thyssen AG in 1999, became ThyssenSÛR, now ThyssenKrupp.
- Turnbull - Bought by Dover in 1966
- Westinghouse - Elevator division bought by Schindler in 1989
- United States Elevator - Former subsidiary of Cubic Corporation. First acquired by Thyssen AG in 1993, continued as one of its subsidiaries, completely defunct after its acquistition of Dover in 1999
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Elevator manufacturers.|