List of endangered languages with mobile apps
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Australian languages with mobile apps
See also: Australian Aboriginal languages
- The Ma! Iwadja app is being used to teach the language.
- The NT Languages - Anindilyakwa app provides flash cards in English and Anindilyakwa, and provides audio samples of both. Some words also include hand movements in small video clips.
Asian languages with mobile apps
- Kristang (Malacca Creole Portuguese) The Kriseh Kristang ('Grow, Kristang') Memrise course was released in July 2016. 
Endangered Native American languages with mobile apps
See also: Indigenous languages of the Americas
- Arikara language 
- Caddo language
- Cherokee language
- Chickasaw language
- Comox language — A Sliammon iPhone app was released in March 2012. An online dictionary, phrasebook, and language learning portal is available at FirstVoices.
- Dakota language
- Haida language — A Skidegate Haida language app is available for iPhone, based on a "bilingual dictionary and phrase collection comprised of words and phrases archived at the online Aboriginal language database FirstVoices.com."
- Halkomelem language — A Halkomelem iPhone app was released in 2011. As of 2010, 278 fluent speakers had been reported.
- Inuvialuk language
- Konkow language
- Kutenai language — A Kutenai language app, Ktunaxa is available at the FirstVoices website.
- Lakota language
- Lillooet language
- Luiseño language
- Nisga’a language
- Nuu-chah-nulth language
- Ojibwe language
- Saanich dialect
- Seneca language — As of January 2013, a Seneca language app was under development.
- Tanacross language
- Tłı̨chǫ language
- Upper Kuskokwim language
- Winnebago language
- DOBES documentation of endangered languages, Iwaidja Archived September 10, 2015, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Kriseh Kristang 1". Memrise. Retrieved 2016-07-08.
- Rudy, Dan (2014-04-20). "Arikara app aims to revitalize language". Minot Daily News, via KansasCity.com. Retrieved 2014-04-26.
- "FirstVoices Apps". FirstVoices. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- "FirstVoices: Sliammon Community Portal". Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- "FirstVoices: Hlg̱aagilda X̱aayda Kil Welcome Page". Retrieved 2013-01-19.
- Hul, Stephen (2012-12-15). "FirstVoices apps bring B.C. First Nations languages to iPhone". Straight.com, Vancouver's online source. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "iDecolonize: A Review of Indigenous Language-Learning Apps". Rising Voices. 2013-06-21. Retrieved 2013-12-22.
- "FirstVoices: Ktunaxa Community Portal". Retrieved 2012-07-08.
- "British Columbia aboriginal communities using technology to bring endangered languages back from the brink - thestar.com". Retrieved 2012-07-08.
- Diana Louise Carter (2013-01-07). "Want to speak Seneca? There's an app for that". Press & Sun-Bulletin. Archived from the original on October 25, 2014. Retrieved 2013-01-12.