List of entities associated with Tata Group
Tata Sons Limited is the holding company of the Tata Group, and holds the bulk of shareholding in these companies. Tata Sons Ltd is the owner of the Tata name and the Tata trademarks, which are registered in India and several other countries.
About 86% of the equity capital of Tata Sons is held by philanthropic trusts endowed by members of the Tata family. The biggest two of these trusts are the Sir Dorabji Tata Trust and Sir Ratan Tata Trust. Tata business support service also part of tata group
Companies with TATA name
- Tata AIG — an insurance based joint-venture company with AIG.
- Tata AutoComp Systems - India's leading automotive components conglomerate
- Tata Capital — a wholly owned subsidiary of Tata Sons Limited, the apex holding company of the Tata Group
- Tata Chemicals
- Tata CLiQ — e-commerce website, selling apparel, footwear and electronics.
- Tata Communications — a communication company
- Tata Consultancy Services — Asia's largest IT company and world's largest software and services company
- Tata Consulting Engineers Limited (aka: TCE Consulting Engineers Ltd)— engineering, design, and consulting firm for diverse types of infrastructure and industrial developments. Specializes in power/energy sector.
- Tata Defence
- Tata DoCoMo — a GSM based mobile company with alliance with NTT docomo
- Tata Elxsi —Product Design & Technology company
- Tata Global Beverages, the world's second largest tea business
- Tetley — subsidiary of Tata Global Beverages
- Tata Housing Development Company, Real estate development company
Tata Sponge Iron Ltd
- Tata Value Homes Limited — 100% Subsidiary of Tata Housing, operating in value and affordable segments
- Tata Insights and Quants Division — a division of Tata Industries Limited, an analytics and big data initiative by Tata Group.
- Tata Interactive Systems (TIS) — a provider of performance support systems and e-learning platforms.
- Tata Motors — India's largest & the world's 5th largest automobile company.
Tata Motors' principal subsidiaries include:
- Tata Motors Cars — produces passenger cars under the Tata Motors marque
- Jaguar Land Rover — British company making Jaguar Cars and Land Rover (including Range Rover) vehicles
- Fiat-Tata — former joint venture with Fiat which manufactured Fiat and Tata branded vehicles, and automotive components.
- Tata Daewoo
- Tata Hispano — coach builder
- Tata Hitachi Construction Machinery
- Tata Marcopolo
- Tata Technologies – Engineering, Product Lifecycle Management, Information Technology, Automotive, Aerospace, Construction and Heavy Machinery, Manufacturing and Digital Manufacturing
- Tata Power — India’s largest private sector electricity producer
- Tata Power Solar
- Tata Projects - Engineering, Procurement & Construction
- Tata Salt- a subsidiary of Tata Chemicals
- Tata Sky — a Direct To Home service company in alliance with British Sky Broadcasting and Newscorporations STAR
- Tata Starbucks- a joint venture between Tata Global Beverages and Starbucks(US).
- Tata Steel, World's 12th largest steel company.
- Tata Steel Europe, formerly Corus group
- Tata Teleservices — India's second largest CDMA telecom company.
Subsidiaries without TATA name
Subsidiary companies of the Tata Group and joint ventures without 'TATA' used in their names include:
- Air Asia India – A scheduled passenger low cost airline (Joint venture with AirAsia)
- Indicash ATM – Tata ATMs
- Brunner Mond – subsidiary of Tata Chemicals
- C-Edge Technologies — TCS-SBI joint venture
- CMC Limited — (Computer Maintenance Corporation) IT services, consulting and software company
- Computational Research Laboratories — Tata initiative in high performance computing
- e-Nxt Financials ltd. — enterprise solutions provider
- Infiniti Retail Cromā
- Jaguar Land Rover — British car manufacturer, formed in 2013 when Jaguar Cars and Land Rover (both acquired from US multinational Ford in 2008) were merged
- Jamshedpur FC — Jamshedpur Football Club which played in a Indian Super League which is top-tier professional league in India
- Mjunction – a Tata Steel & SAIL Joint venture - India's Largest B2B E-Commerce company
- Rallis India Limited — an agricultural research company
- Taj Air Chartered flights
- Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces — owner of 'Taj' hotels
- Tanishq — a jewelry brand in India
- Tetley — UK based international tea brand
- Titan Industries — a joint watchmaking venture in India between the Tata Group and the Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation (TIDCO)
- Trent (Westside) — a retail chain
- TRL Krosaki Refractories Limited — a refractory company, formerly Tata Refractories Limited with Krosaki Harima Corporation.
- Vistara — an Indian airline that is a joint venture with Singapore Airlines
- VSNL International Canada — based in Canada
- TitanX-Powertrain Cooling
Educational and Research Institutes
- Indian Institute of Science
- National Centre for Performing Arts
- Nettur Technical Training Foundation R D Tata Technical Education Centre Jamshedpur
- Tata Ecotechnology Centre
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences
- Tata Management Training Centre
- Tata Memorial Hospital
- Tata Medical Centre
- The Energy and Resources Institute, formerly Tata Energy Research Institute
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to |