List of equestrian statues in Spain
This is a list of equestrian statues in Spain.
- See also: List of equestrian statues by country
- 1 Madrid
- 2 Alcázar de San Juan
- 3 Antequera
- 4 Badajoz
- 5 Barcelona
- 6 Burgos
- 7 Cádiz
- 8 Cardona
- 9 Córdoba
- 10 Cuenca
- 11 Jerez de la Frontera
- 12 Logroño
- 13 Merida
- 14 Morella
- 15 Reus
- 16 Sant Joan de les Abadesses
- 17 Santander
- 18 Seville
- 19 Trujillo
- 20 Valdepeñas
- 21 Valencia
- 22 Valladolid
- 23 Vitoria-Gasteiz
- Equestrian of King Philip III by Giambologna and Pietro Tacca at the Plaza Mayor, 1616, installed in the present place in 1848.
- Equestrian of King Felipe IV by Pietro Tacca at the Plaza de Oriente. It was inaugurated in 1843. The bronze equestrian statue was made between 1634 and 1640 by Pietro Tacca, who requested Galileo Galilei's advice to achieve its stability: rear part is solid and front is hollow
- Equestrian of Queen Isabella of Castile by Manuel Oms Canet, 1883.
- Equestrian of Manuel Gutiérrez de la Concha by Andrés Aleu, 1885.
- Equestrian of Prince Baldomero Espartero by Pablo Gibert, 1886. Probably the best known equestrian sculpture in Spain.
- Equestrian of General Martínez Campos by Mariano Benlliure at the Retiro Park, 1907.
- Equestrian of King Alfonso XII by Mariano Benlliure at the Retiro Park, 1909.
- Equestrian of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza, part of the Monument to Cervantes by Lorenzo Coullaut Valera at the Plaza de España, 1930.*An aluminium equestrian Los Portadores de la Antorcha (The Torch Bearers) by Anna Hyatt Huntington at the Plaza de Ramón y Cajal (square) in the Ciudad Universitaria, 1955.
- Equestrian of José de San Martín in the Parque del Oeste, 1961. The statue is a replica of the one in Buenos Aires by Louis-Joseph Daumas, 1862.
- Equestrian of King Carlos III at the Puerta del Sol. Made by Miguel Ángel Rodríguez and Eduardo Zancada in 1994. The statue is a replica of a smaller one sculpted by Juan Pascual de Mena in the 18th century.
- Equestrian of King Fernando I in front of the Palacio de Nájera.
- Equestrian of Hernando de Soto in the Barcarrota.
- Saint George killing the dragon by Pere Johan, relief tondo at Palau de la Generalitat ancient façade (1418)
- Saint George by Andreu Aleu, at Palau de la Generalitat façade (1864-1872)
- Monument to General Juan Prim by Lluís Puiggener at Parc de la Ciutadella (1887, restaured 1945)
- Equestrian of Count Ramon Berenguer III by Josep Llimona, at Via Laietana, next to the Roman walls (1888)
- Saint James by Manuel Fuxà at Caixa de Barcelona building, Plaça de Sant Jaume (1903)
- Tired Saint George, equestrian statue of Saint George by Josep Llimona at Mirador del Llobregat, Montjuïc (1924)
- Fountain of Saint George and the Dragon by Frederic Galcerà Alabart at the "Pati dels Tarongers" in the Palace of the Generalitat de Catalunya (1926)
- Treball (The Work) and Saviesa (Wisdom) both by Llucià Oslé at Plaça Catalunya (1928)
- Barcelona by Frederic Marès at Plaça Catalunya (1928)
- Olympic horsemen by Pau Gargallo, at Barcelona Olympic Stadium (1928-1929, restaured 1991)
- Uranus by Pau Gargallo, at Barcelona City Hall entrance hall (1933, installed 1990)
- Saint George on the cloister fountain, by Emili Colom, at the Cathedral (1970)
- Longinus riding by Josep Maria Subirachs at Sagrada Família Passion Façade (1996)
Pere Joan's Saint George
Saint James at Plaça de Sant Jaume
Fountain of Saint George and the Dragon at the Palace of the Generalitat de Catalunya
The Work by Llucià Oslé at Plaça de Catalunya
Wisedom by Llucià Oslé at Plaça de Catalunya
Barcelona by Frederic Marès at Plaça de Catalunya
- Equestrian of El Cid Campeador outside the entrance of the Burgos Cathedral.
- Equestrian of Count Diego Rodríguez Porcelos, by Juan de Ávalos at Plaza de Santa Teresa (1983, in the present place since 2011)
- Equestrian of Simón Bolívar.
- Equestrian of General Gonzalo de Córdoba, (Gran Capitán), by Mateo Inurria, 1923. The head is a portrait of El Lagartijo, a famous bullfighter.
- Equestrian of King Alfonso VIII of Castile, by Javier Barrios, 2010. Plaza Obispo Valero, next to the Cathedral
- Equestrian of Miguel Primo de Rivera at the Plaza del Arenal.
Miguel Primo de Rivera at the Plaza del Arenal
- Equestrian of Prince Baldomero Espartero at the Paseo del Príncipe de Vergara Plaza.
Prince Baldomero Espartero at Paseo del Príncipe de Vergara Plaza
- Equestrian statue of Augustus by Eduardo Zancada, inaugurated in 2007.
- Equestrian statue of Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa by Eduardo Zancada, erected in 2007.
General Juan Prim at Plaça de Prim
Fountain of Comte Arnau
- Equestrian of General Franco at the Plaza del Ayuntamiento (removed in 2008).
- Equestrian of King Fernando III at the Plaza Nueva.
King Fernando III at Plaza Nueva
Francisco Pizarro at Plaza Major
- Equestrian of Don Quixote
- Equestrian of James I of Aragon, by Agapit Vallmitjana, 1886.
- El Cid by Anna Hyatt Huntington, at Plaça d'Espanya
- Equestrian of Francisco Franco, before at Plaça de l'Ajuntament, now at Convent de Sant Doménec
- Monument to Cavalry in Battle of Annual in front of the Academia de Caballería.
- Equestrian of General Miguel Ricardo de Álava, as part of the Battle of Vitoria Monument, at the Plaza de la Virgen Blanca.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Equestrian statues in Spain.|