List of wolf attacks
This is a list of significant wolf attacks worldwide, by century, in reverse chronological order.
|Victim(s)||Age||Gender||Date||Type of attack||Location||Details||Source(s)|
|Sultan Hasanoğlu, Mürteza Hasanoğlu, Ali Hasanoğlu, Birsen Hasanoğlu||72/ 71/ 46/ 44||♀/ ♂/ ♂/ ♀||April 2, 2017||Rabid||Yoğurtçular Village Şenkaya District, Erzurum, Turkey||Around 3:30 p.m. a rabid wolf attacked the livestock of the Hasanoğlu family close to their home. In their attempt to defend their animals four family members were injured. Finally Ali Hasanoğlu could kill the attacker with an axe. All injured got medical treatments and rabies vaccinations in the Oltu State Hospital. The examination of the wolf 's carcass showed rabies.|||
|Farmer||Adult||♂||March 15, 2017||Predatory||Terek Village, Alai District , Osh Region ,Kyrgyzstan||Early in the morning, hearing the howling of dogs, the man went into the barn, where he kept livestock and a wolf unexpectedly attacked him. Having received several wounds and fought off the beast, he immediately rushed for help to the border guards of the" Egizek "OPS. The paramedic rendered the first medical aid to the victim, then the border guards took him to the hospital in Nura. Later the guards destroyed a wolf close to the area of the incident.|||
|Vusal Abbasov||36||♂||February 21, 2017||Predatory||Quycu Salyan Region, Azerbaijan||In the morning, when he came to his flock of sheep, Abbasov saw a wolf among them. He moved forward to chase away the animal but instead a 20 minutes lasting fight started. With the help of his dogs he could overpower the wolf and it was killed. The shepherd suffered no serious injuries|||
|Marcelo Vanzuita||Adult||Male||February 2017||Predatory||Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada||Vanzuita, a native of Wellington, had a pack of wolves pursue him during the Yukon Arctic Ultra race after an early lake crossing. This incident forced him to drop out of the race.||Fairfax New Zealand|
|February 5, 2017||Rabid||Zaderiyivka Village, Chernigiv Region, Ukraine||In their leisure time at night two border guards heard screams for help..Approaching the spot, they saw a man being attacked by a wolf. To rescue the resident who was already in serious condition from the bites, they had to use their knives and kill the wolf. Both guards were wounded on hands and arms, while the first attacked victim was severely injured. All of them got the necessary treatments and vaccinations later in the hospital.|||
|Kadyrzhan Sharshenbek uulu||27||♂||February 5, 2017||Predatory||Kalkagar Village, Tong District, Issyk-Kul Region, Kyrgyzstan||At 5:30 a.m. Kadyrzhan Sharshenbek uulu heard a dog whine. He went into the yard to look for the livestock. When he went to the shed a wolf attacked him and bit his right leg and hand. He shouted out for his father and with other family members they killed the wolf with stones.The wolf was one of a flock of five animals which had attacked the livestock. One more wolf of the four, which disappeared, was wounded. Kadyrzhan was sent to the Balykchy City Hospital.|||
|Skiers||Adult||December 7, 2016||Unprovoked||Smithers, British Columbia, and Mt Norquay, Alberta, Canada||A wolf killed a domestic dog and tracked its owner back to Bulkley Valley Nordic Centre's parking lot. The male skier did not have any injures. After this incident, a small wolf pack approached another male skier near Banff National Park. He fled on a snowmobile at that moment. Three wolves in the Bow Valley were getting too close for comfort to the worker at Mount Norquay. They prompted him to hop on his snowmobile. The pack chased him for a very short time.|||
|Child||12||♂||Winter 2016/17||Predatory||Indian Himalayas||Multiplely injured on his face and hands with extensive bleeding the boy was rescued bringing him to a low resourced healthcare center in the Indian Himalayas. Still oozing blood his wounds told the story of a long fight with the wolf as he tried to protect his face and his throat with his hands.|||
|2 People||Adult||♂/ ?||December 4, 2016||Predatory||Susangerd City Dasht-e Azadegan County, Khuzestan Province, Iran||Wolves attacked Susangerd Abouzar dormitory residents and left two people injured. A few days ago hungry wolves had entered a house in the city and another person injured.The residents believed that waste had attracted the animals.|||
|Oil worker||44||♂||December 2, 2016||Unprovoked||Beyneu District, Mangystau Region, Kazakhstan||At 9:30 a.m. a wolf attacked a welder of an oil company. The animal grabbed his leg, but due to thick layers of clothing couldn't cause to much damage but some scratches. Fortunately nearby shepherds shot the wolf. The man was treated in Bejneuskoj Central District Hospital and got rabies vaccinations.|||
|Sivam Kewat||0.9||♂||November 24, 2016||Sanjay National Park, Madhya Pradesh, India||Fatally bitten on the face.|||
|A child||11||♂||November 8, 2016||Predatory||Kum-Dobo village Kochkor district of Naryn oblast, Kyrgyz Republic||Playing close to his house, the boy was charged and bitten by a wolf. His father shot the animal. First examinations found no rabies.|||
|11 children||14 / 4/ ?||♂/ ♂/ ?||November 7, 2016||Rabid?||Sardrud, Tabriz, Iran (East Azerbaijan)||As usual the children gathered in the evening to play when they were attacked by wolves. When a wolf tried to lift away the 4-year-old boy, his 14-year-old brother bravely pulled him out of the wolf's mouth. It was reported that 9 more children got injured. The two boys, who suffered serious injuries and 9 other children got treatments in the Tabriz Children's Hospital.|||
|November 4, 2016||Unprovoked||Ghariza / Sepah Tehsil Jamrud, Khyber Agency,Pakistan||After the wolf attack due to the suffered injuries the child lost his life on the way to hospital, while two other victims were under treatment.|||
|Brent Woodland||36||Male||November 1, 2016||Unprovoked||Ucluelet, British Columbia, Canada||Two wolves stalked Brent and his two labrador retrievers while he was jogging near Pacific Rim National Park Reserve. After he found refuge at the Kwisitis Visitors Centre which was closed at the time, he climbed the stairs the balcony and saw two wolves sitting on the beach below. Brent called the emergency number and police sirens frightened the wolf pack away.||Westerly News and Grind TV|
|Resident||30||♂||October 31, 2016||Rabid?||Esfahlan, Tabriz, Iran (East Azerbaijan)||The victim was attacked and injured by a wolf close to his house in Esfahlan. He was treated in Tabriz Shohada Hospital. While the behaviour of wolves in the area with various attacks on livestock and people showed signs of rabies, none of the injured people showed any symptom of the disease.|||
|Andrew Morgan||26||♂||October 8, 2016||Predatory||Canmore, Alberta, Canada||Morgan was walking home along a forest trail when he noticed a wolf was behind him. The wolf snarled at him, lunged, and then chased him down the trail. Morgan tried to lose the wolf by going off the trail and through the forest. He fended off the wolf with a tree branch multiple times until it released him. He climbed over a barbed-wire fence, falling a few times, and finally made his way out of the forest near the Holiday Inn in Canmore. He eventually recovered from the incident.|||
|Worker||26||♂||August 29, 2016||Unprovoked||Cigar Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada||An unidentified young contract worker on his midnight break was jumped and mauled by a lone wolf less than one hundred meters from the main camp. A nearby female security guard frightened the wolf away. She administered first aid and called for an air ambulance, which airlifted him 675 kilometers to a hospital in Saskatoon, where doctors expect him to recover. After the attack, authorities ordered that area wolves be shot, that food disposal systems and fencing be inspected, and that staff be educated.|||
|4 Residents||15/ ?||♀/ ?||July 7, 2016||Rabid||Pervomaisk, Rechitsa District, Gomel Region, Belarus||The attacking rabid animal caused a lot of damage among the inhabitants and pets of the village. 4 people were wounded until finally a 15-year-old girl with an axe killed the wolf. All injured were treated in the hospital. The bitten pets had to be destroyed as same as the wolf pack with about 20 animals because of the rabies.|||
|2 Children||7/ ?||♀/ ♂||June 8, 2016||Predatory||Omman Village, Qorveh-e Darjazin District, Razan County, Hamadan Province, Iran||Two children were attacked in two different incidents in the same area. While a boy due to his protection by family members escaped with no more than a fright, when a wolf tapped with its claws on his shoulders, the 7-year-old girl was seriously injured. While playing in a garden a little bit further away from her resting family suddenly a wolf came in, grabbed her and ran away.In the following wild chase the wolf had to stop two times because of its burden so its chasers could outrun it and save the victim. The wolf escaped and the girl was taken by family members to Valiasr Hospital Razan. Later a wolf was shot and sent to rabies examination.|||
|Bülent Taşçı||Adult||♂||June 8, 2016||Unprovoked||Günbatan, Posof District, Ardahan Province, Turkey.||While he was taking care for the cattle a wolf attacked the shepherd. After a short fight the wolf was stabbed and the man was saved but wounded. He was treated at Posof State Hospital..|||
|Zlyva Hussein, Gōld Hussein, Sarab Ghazanfar, ?||Adults||♀/ ♂/ ♂/♂||April 22, 2016||Unprovoked||Kaveh, Delfan County,Lorestan Province, Iran||On his course a wolf injured 4 residents, the Husseins were attacked in their house. All Victims were treated in the Ibn Sina Hospital Delfan|||
|Aslan Shauhalovu||35||♂||April 13, 2016||Predatory||Dalakov village, Ingushetia, Russia||In search for food a white wolf came to the yard of Aslan where children were playing. He could hide away the children into the house and went back to the yard to chase away the animal. Standing face to face with the predator the fight started. In the battle and despite his bitten hands Aslan was able to grab its head and twist it. He immobilized the wolf and togther with due to his sceams alerting incoming residents it was possible to bind the wolf and to defuse the situation.|||
|5 People||Adult/ ?||♂/ ?||April 2, 2016||Rabid||Jabdaraq village, Meshginshahr, Ardabil Province, Iran||In the afternoon a rabid wolf came into the village and killed livestock and dogs. After severely injuring 5 people it was killed by residents. All injured were sent to hospital for treatment.|||
|Rosa Harutyunyan||75||♀||March, 21. 2016||Unprovoked||Khachik village, Vayots Dzor, Armenia.||The relatives of the elderly lady wondered, how she could escape from the attacking wolf to the second floor of the house with her face damaged and her hands seriously injured. She wasn't able to talk about. Later she was referred to the Erebuni medical center.|||
|2 People||Adults||♀/ ♂||February 24, 2016||Rabid||Yasyrev, Volgodonskoy District, Rostov Oblast, Southern Federal District, Russia,||First a wolf attacked a woman in the area and later it injured a man on the ground of an abandoned farm, when he tried to defend his dog from the beast's attack. The man managed to strangle the wolf. The wolf was found rabid and the human victims were treated and vaccinated in the hospital.|||
|Seyed Hassan Mousavi.||30||♂||February 22, 2016||Unprovoked||In the mountains of Qazvin Province, Iran||Despite the general advice to go there only in groups the young man was cycling alone in the mountains. About two hours after he was attacked by wolves a shepherd found him severely injured. Due to the efforts of the doctors of Shahid-Rajaee—Hospital after several surgeries the man's life could be saved, unfortunately beside his serious damages in his face and head he suffered a spinal cord injury and had been paralyzed.|||
|A shepherd||♂||January 30, 2016||Predatory||Batinci, Skopje, Macedonia||The wolf entered the barn filled with sheep and attacked them, and later the shepherd. In the fight the shepherd killed the wolf with an ax, but was seriously wounded. He was treated in the Clinical Centre in Skopje.|||
|Bejshebaj Turgunbayev, Kanykei Aktanbaeva||55/ 29||♂/♀||December 21, 2015||Rabid?||Oruk Tam village, Naryn Oblast, Kyrgyzstan||Two people were attacked and injured in the early morning by wolves coming into the village. The man, the stoker of the local school, was attacked on the schoolyard, the woman on the way to her outside restroom. Both were injured on hands and arms and got treatments in the local hospital. The two predators were shot by local hunters and their carcasses sent to the laboratory for rabies examination in Bishkek.|||
|Musa uulu Taalaybek.||♂||December 2, 2015||unprovoked||Kadamjay District of Batken Region of Kyrgyzstan||The wolves attacked 2 dogs and hurt their owner. Earlier, on 9. of November another person, a villager from Bakkaza Zhumamatovaand Village was bitten and hurt by wolves. He was treated in Kadamzhay Hospital|||
|Elchin Mamishov||♂||November 30, 2015||Predatory||Mingachevir,Kalbajar District, Azerbaijan;||When he tried to protect the sheep, the man was attacked himself. To aid coming residents rescued him, but were also attacked. For treatment injured Elchin was sent to Mingachevir Central Hospital.
The animal was cremated and buried under the supervision of veterinarians.
|6 People||46/ 40/ 4/ ?||♀/ ♂/ ?||November 29, 2015||Unprovoked||Lushan, Rudbar County, Gilan Province, Iran.||On two following days wolves attacked several people. One attack took place in a house of the settlement, where three family members were wounded. 6 people got treatments in the Vali Hospital in Rudbar, one of them had to undergo reconstructive surgery. A wolf later was shot and bodyparts sent to rabies examination.|||
|Ilham Mammadov, Padar Behramov||42/ 34||♂/ ♂||October 26, 2015||Predatory||Novju Village, Ağsu, Azerbaijan.||When grazing the village sheep in the area they were suddenly attacked by wolves. Their throats and faces were seriously injured. The injured were taken to hospital by relatives. According to the hospital's department of surgery, the patients underwent surgery, and remained in serious condition.|||
|3 People||Adults||♂/ ♂
|October 4, 2015||Rabid||Orechovka Village, Millerovo District, Rostov Oblast, Russia||First the rabid she-wolf attacked a man in the local water tower. From a distance of 8 metres the animal jumped on him and bit him in the face. Then in the next yard two more people were injured on their legs.From the report of the regional animal disease control station: "In total, the beast attacked three adult males, one is in the hospital, the other two undergo preventive treatment. She also bit two cows, five dogs, she tore the sixth dog, and several birds,"|||
|Adult||September 23, 2015||Predatory||Colburn, Adams County, Wisconsin, USA||Matthew was scouting a potential hunting area when he made eye contact with a wolf 30 yards away to his right. Then two more wolves began closing in from the left. The first wolf lunged and Matthew kicked it in the face, deflecting an attempted bite within four seconds. He subsequently shot one of the other two wolves with his sidearm. The pack fled, one bleeding. Matthew quickly retreated to his truck and contacted the state wildlife authorities.|||
|Dhakira Ghasemi, Abolfazl Rahimi||5/ 4||♀/ ♂||July 6, 2015||Predatory||Razan County Hamadan Province:,Iran||The wolf attacks occurred on two following days. Both children were saved by their parents but got injured and referred for treatment to Hamadan Hospital.|||
|Mehmet Karasu, Ali Yasar||70 / 65||♂/ ♂||June 20, 2015||Predatoty||Bayındır, Mecitözü/Çorum Province, Turkey||In the village humans and dogs were attacked by a wolf on their way to the morning prayer, at 3:15. Two men were injured and brought to the Çorum Training and Research Hospital. The wolf was shot by a gun.|||
|Yamanurappa Basappa Mushigeri,Sakrappa Hanumappa Itagi||30 / 12||♂/ ♂||June 9, 2015||Predatory||Vadageri village, Ameengad, India||Both persons did farmwork, when the wolf-attacks occurred.Yamanurappa was grazing sheep, Mushigeri was working in the fields. Typically they were injured on their hands and heads and were treated at the Kumareshwara Hospital and Research Centre in Bagalkot. The wolf was chased to death by residents.|||
|Amir Menkes and 4 more people||21/ 9/ ?||♂/ ♂/ ♂/ ♂/ ♀||May 9, 2015||Rabid||Nimrod Fortress,National Park, Golan Heights, Israel||A she-wolf caused injuries among 5 people in 3 different incidents.The victims were transferred to the nearby Ziv Medical Center and got the medically necessary treatments. Later Park Rangers found the carcass of a rabid wolf, suspected of being behind the three separate incidents of wolf bites that occurred in the Golan Heights.|||
|2 People||Adults||♂/ ♀||April 26, 2015||Unprovoked||Strelichevo Village, Khoiniki District, Gomel Region, Belarus||When she heard a strange noise in the morning the wife went out of the house on the porch just to see a wolf fighting her dog. Meanwhile, her husband appeared and now the wolf disposing the dog headed towards the couple. Both ran into the house, shut the door and called the police. After a short time two police men in their car arrived and police lieutenant Sergei Tours shot the animal from the car over a distance of 15 metres with two bullets in the head and in the chest. This causes the death of the attacker.|||
|Lima Ankudinova||77||♀||April 7,
|Predatory||Borovitsa in central Russia||In the morning a neighbour found the remains of the elderly lady one leg and the top of her head missing and the other leg half eaten. It was assumed that the woman maybe died from a heart attack, because reporters don't believe that wolves would attack living humans, but dying by heart attack when a wolf is charging isn't the worst. The beast which devoured parts of her body, was chased by police.|||
|6 People||♂ / ♀||April 6,
|Predatory||Maysan Province Iraq||When a wolf pack attacked the village 6 people were injured, some of them seriously|||
|5 People||50/ 37/ 37/ 31/ 31||♀/ ♀/ ♀/ ♀/ ♂||March 24, 2015||Predatoty||Chiva village, Vayots Dzor, Armenia||On a field a group of spinach workers was attacked by a wolf. The animal hurt their hands, feet and arms and two women were bitten in the face. When the wolf attacked the man, he could kill it with a knife. All victims were brought to Yeghegnadzor Medical Center for treatment.|||
|Two families on a snowmobile ride||Adults and their children||♂ / ♀||January 25, 2015||Rabid||On a trail between Wabush and Labrador City, Labrador, Canada||Twenty minutes into the trip, they encountered a wolf on the trail that charged and lunged. They escaped and informed authorities, who soon tracked and killed the wolf, which tested positive for rabies.|||
|Tagir Atajev, Anatoly Sonich, Vera Sonich||Adults||♂/ ♂/ ♀||January 21, 2015||Rabid?||Medvedev,Svietlahorsk District, Belarus||A wolf attacked different people and a dog in a village. Three persons were injured and treated in the hospital. The wolf was killed with a knife in a fight and his head was sent to Svetlogorsk zone Hygiene and Epidemiology Center for rabies examination|||
|Amankhan Amirov, Ozat Kyrykbaev||Adults||♂/ ♂||January 16, 2015||Predatory||Jeldiqara village, Mynbulak rural district, Easts Kazakhstan||According to residents in the night 4-5 wolves came into the village. Two men were injured, one on his hands and legs and the other one was bitten in his face. They were referred to the district hospital.|||
|Man||32||♂||December 23, 2014||Predatory||Kyrgyzstan||After a fight of 3o minutes, the man managed to conquer the wolf, which had attacked first his dog and then immediately him while he was taking care of his fenced cattle. The man was wounded on legs and hands, the wolf died during the night due to suffocation|||
|3 People||Adults||♂/ ♀/ ♀||December 10, 2014||Predatoty||Mikhailovka Village, Kamensky District, Rostov Oblast, Russia||The wolf attacked and bit three people in the village It made its way to the courtyard of one of the residents of Mikhailovka. There it attacked the master and yard dogs. The man managed to drive out the beast to the street, where it attacked a woman. Incoming residents saved her life and ambulance veterinarians and hunters were called. On its run the wolf injured another woman. The victims were hospitalized. The wild beast, after a long chase, was shot by local hunters.No rabies were found during the following examination.|||
|Bolot Zhunushaliev||Teenager||♂||November 23, 2014||Unprovoked||Ak-Muz Village, At-Bashi District, Kyrgyzstan||The young man, a pupil of the 11. grade was on horse looking for his livestock,. when he met the wolf. Without another weapon the schoolboy didn't lose his head, took off the stirrups and killed the animal, which attacked him, with several blows.Being without serious injuries Bolot Zhunusaliyev later was awarded a diploma and a valuable gift on behalf of the village government.|||
|Şükran Aliyev||Adult||♂||October 29, 2014||Unprovoked||Mireshelli Village, Ağdam.District, Azerbaijan||A wolf appeared in the village and menaced a resident in front of a car. With the help of incoming neighbours the wolf was overpowered and badly hurt. Şükran Aliyev was injured in the fight with the animal.|||
|Nurçiçək Yusif, Əfsanə Yusif, Vüsal Yusif, Aygül Yusif||20 / 19/ 16 / 11||♀/ ♀/ ♂/ ♀||October 27, 2014||Rabid?||Jalilabad District, Azerbaijan.||In this incident a wolf first attacked the family's 11 years old daughter in their homeyard and then hurt 3 more family members in the upcoming fight, when they tried to save each other from the wolf 's attack. All were treaated at Central Hospital of Jalilabad. Later the wolf was shot and the rabies examination started.|||
|Dijanu Kurtović||33||♀||September 26, 2014||Unprovoked||Drnis, Sibenik-Knin County, Dalmatia, Croatia||When the woman was walking with her dog a wolf attacked her, grabbed her hand and bit.With the help of her dog she could chase away the attacker wth her hand seriously injured.She got medical treatment and rabies vaccination.|||
|Vinod, Yograj, Sewaram, Perkasha, Bablu,Savitri||♀ / ♂||September 26, 2014||Rabid||Hashampur Village, Muzaffarnagar District, Uttar Pradesh, India||On two following days a rabid wolf attacked and injured first 5 and the next day six people working on the fields in the area.. All injured persons were treated in the local hospital.|||
|Khem Chand, Kamlesh, Rita, Baljore, Maksood||♀ / ♂||September 25, 2014||Rabid||Hashampur Village, Muzaffarnagar District, Uttar Pradesh, India||On two following days a rabid wolf attacked and injured first 5 and the next day six people working on the fields in the area.. All injured persons were treated in the local hospital.|||
|Abdurrahman Kara,Ahmet Topçu,Zehra Topçu Ali Topçu Ismet Topçu, Kemal Keles||69,50,45,45,32,40||♂/♂/♀/♂/♂/♂||August 26, 2014||Predatory||Yıldızeli/Sivas, Turkey||The Topçu family was attacked by the wolf on a picnic.Kara was alone working at the river.Keles was on the way to his tractor. In both cases the wolf came from behind. Kemal Keles finally strangled and drowned it in the Kizilirmak river.. All involved people had to be treated in the Cumhuriyet University Hospital.|||
|Zhao Duoba and 5 other people||Villagers||♂ / ♀ ?||August 13, 2014||Predatory||Kalazhuole village in Altay,China||Between 2 am and 4 pm four or five wolves attacked the flock in the village and awakened the sleeping in five families. 6 villagers, poultry and livestock were subject to varying degrees of injury, of which two more seriously injured herdsmen have been transferred to Ürümqi Hospital for treatment. One of them lost his ear in the attack. The county police and the township government dispatched more than 30 people to prevent further wolf attacks.|||
|Nuriye Alacahan, Gaziye Can||70 / 38||♀ / ♀||July 8, 2014||Rabid||Yenibardak Village of Adıyaman, Gerger, Turkey||The two women were attacked by a wolf while they were working on the field. Villagers who heard the screams saved the women from the attack.
After first aid measures the severely injured women were referred to the Adıyaman University Training and Research Hospital being their situation serious. Meanwhile, it was alleged that the wolf may be rabid.
|Cuma Dalbudak, Selahattin Öcal||53 / 48||♂/♂||June 3, 2014||Predatory||Küçükavşar/Delice/Kırıkkale, Turkey||Wolves attacked the two shepherds, who were injured on various parts of their bodies. They were rescued by the villagers. Dalbudak and Öcal were treated at Kırıkkale Yüksek İhtisas Hospital.|||
|Öner Kırdar, Erdek Karsiyaka||36/ ?||♂ / ♂||April 21, 2014||Unprovoked||Kapidag, Bandirma, Turkey||Both men were attacked by a wolf on Sunday evening. While Erdek was able to defend himself with a knife and got away uninjured, Öner suffered serious wounds and was brought for treatment to Bandirma State Hospital.|||
|Ruslan Nuritdinov||35||♂||January 6, 2014||Rabid||Udachny Mine, Mirninsky District, Sakha Republic, Russia||Coming from a routinely physical examination. Ruslan was attacked by a wolf when he went to his night shift on the area of the Udachny Mine.He was hurt on hands and legs but managed to chase away the wolf. Medical treatments and rabies vaccination followed for him, while the wolf was shot on the area of the mine.|||
|Meryem Öztürk, Elif Sevinç, Baki Gündoğdu, Mevlüt Yiğit||70, 60, 45, 26||♀ / ♂/ ♀/ ♂||January 3, 2014||Predatory||Kederli Village, Ağaçören District , Aksaray Province, Turkey.||Hungry wolves descended from the mountains and entered the village at 3;00 p.m.. On their raid they attacked and injured people and animals.Afterwards 4 people had to got medical treatments in the Ağaçören State Hospital and later were referred to Ortaköy State Hospital . One of the wolves was shot by villagers.||l|
|8 People||♂/ ?||October 20, 2013||Rabid||Nasirabad Village, Parikhan Village, Hajjilu Village, Meshgin Shahr County, Ardabil Province, Iran.||On two following days wolves attacked people, dogs and livestock in three villages. 8 people were injured and a gardener suffered the most. His nose and one ear were completely destroyed and his face seriously damaged. Because of rabies all wounded livestock had to be destroyed. The wolves were hunted by 25 relief forces.|||
|Yura Arushanyan||♂||October 17, 2013||Predatory||Katnajur, Lori region, Armenia||Having bitten the hand of another resident of the village and having been chased away by others, the wolf started to gnaw the door of Yura's home. Stepping outside the man and the wolf started fighting. Hearing his shouts Yura's brother came to the aid. Together they overpowered the animal, which seemed to be dead, but later actually ran away.After a successful search hunters eliminated the attacker.. Yura had to be treated in the hospital with severe wounds on both hands.|||
|Michelle Prosser||Adult||♀||October 15, 2013||Predatory||Merritt, British Columbia, Canada||Michelle went to do a forestry road traverse near Merritt, but she noticed a few wolves stalking her minutes after heading out of the forest. Michelle managed to escape with her two domesticated dogs, though only one survived the incident. Her other domesticated dog was sacrificially protecting her from the wolf pack.|||
|8 People||Adults||October 10, 2013||Unprovoked||Eshtehard City, Karaj County, Alborz Province, Iran.||The first attack occurred in the evening at 10 p.m. Due to bad waether conditions the alarmed security forces weren't able to track down the animal directly. In the course of the night seven more citizens were injured. Finally in the morning the wolf was shot and the carcasses sent to rabies examination. After immediate emergency treatments all victims were transferred to Tehran for vaccinations.|||
|Zeki Cane||74||♂||October 7, 2013||Unprovoked||Solhan,Bingöl Province, Turkey||On his way to Yiğitharman village the wolf suddenly appeared in front of Zeki Cane and attacked. In the upcoming fight the man could kill the wolf with a rock. Seriously injured he first was treated in the Solhan State Hospital and later in the Bingöl State Hospital.|||
|Daulet Tuyeshiyev||Adult||♂||September 5, 2013||Predatory||Zhetybay Village, Karakiyansky District, Mangistau Region, Kazakhstan.||In the remote Kazakh steppes the former police officer Tuyeshiyev was inspecting his car, when suddenly a wolf attacked him from behind. In a life and death fight he could finally strangle the beast to death with his bare hands. Seriously injured he made it to the hospital and got the necessary treatments.|||
|Noah Graham||16||♂||August 24, 2013||Unprovoked||Near Lake Winnibigoshish in Minnesota, USA||Noah was awake and talking to his girlfriend when a lone wolf attacked from behind, biting his head. He kicked, screamed, punched, and grabbed, and it disappeared. He was taken to the hospital for 17 staples to close a large head wound and to get precautionary injections. Authorities killed the wolf the next day and sent the body for rabies and DNA testing. The wolf tested negative for rabies but was diagnosed with deformities and brain damage.|||
|Adil Ahmad||9||♂||July 13, 2013||Predatory||Kreeri area, Baramulla district, north of Srinagar, India||Fatally bitten on the neck.|||
|Aadil Hameed Sheikh||7||♂||July 13, 2013||Predatory||Hail village, northern Kashmir||Killed by two wolves.|||
|William "Mac" Hollan||Adult||♂||July 6, 2013||Unprovoked||Alaska Highway 60 mi. west of Watson Lake, Yukon, Canada||Hollan was riding 1/2 mile ahead of his two buddies when a lone wolf sprinted out of the woods and surprised him with an attempted bite just missing his pedal. He unsuccessfully attempted to outrace the wolf and deter it with pepper spray as the wolf ripped open the bike's rear packs. Four attempts to stop passing motorists failed. Hollan approached a hill. As he prepared to stop and use the bike as a weapon, a couple in a Humvee pulling a trailer came to his aid, and threw the passenger door open as Hollan was attempting to climb through the window. The wolf furiously attacked the bicycle packs. The female rescuer unsuccessfully stood in the vehicle's doorway shouting at the wolf from 8 feet away as passing motorists honked their horns. She threw a water bottle that hit it in the head. It retreated to a ditch. Other motorists threw rocks at the wolf until it left.|||
|Mevlüt Özcanlı, Fikriye Pişkin, Cihan Erdoğan, Mustafa Savaş, Asiye Aktepe||80||♂ /♂/ ♀ / ♂ / ♀||June 12, 2013||Hacılar village, near Tortum, Erzurum province, eastern Turkey||The wolf killed the 80 years old Mevlüt Özcanlı and also wounded four more people, one of whom was reported to have saved himself from a second attack by climbing a tree. The wolf was shot and killed and its body was sent to a lab for rabies testing.|||
|Feyzullah Aydin, Pınar Aydın, Gülgez Aydin, Kamile Aydin, Rukiye Aydin||Adults and children||♂/ ♀/ ♀ /♀ /♀||April 26, 2013||Predatory||Yemişen/Bulanık/Muş, Turkey||Wolves descending to the center of the town of Yemişen wounded 5 people. From inside his house Feyzullah Aydin saw some wolfes attacking his dog in the garden. Going to its rescue he was attacked by himself as it happened to his whole family. Incoming citizens shot and killed one of the wolves. All the family was treated in the Bulanik State Hospital and later referred to the Mus State Hospital..|||
|Dawn Hepp||Adult||♀||March 8, 2013||Predatory||Grand Rapids, Manitoba, Canada|||
|Ziya Kerdige, Sercan Ceco, Kamber Altun||55/ 30/ 30||♂/ ♂/ ♂||March 5, 2013||Predatory||Esenyayla, Göle, Ardahan Province, Turkey||4 wolves appeared in the village. They attacked Sercan and Kamber, leaving them injured. Ziya, who went to the rescue with bare hands, saved their lives, but was wounded seriously. One of the wolves was shot. The victims were treated in the Ardahan State Hospital.|||
|Elderly Woman||81||♀||February 5, 2013||Predatory||Badzhuv Rushan, Tajikistan||The victim was attacked by multiple wolves early in the morning. Despite intervention from neighbors, she died from a severe injury to the throat.|||
|Lance Grangaard||30||♂||week of December 10, 2012||Rabid||30 miles off Taylor Highway in remote area known as Ketchumstuk near Tok, Alaska, USA||Lance was "putting along" on his snow machine on a frozen river when a lone wolf attacked his right arm, ripped through his parka and three layers of underclothing and inflicted a superficial 3" long laceration above his elbow. Lance, taking the offensive, jumped onto the wolf's back and knocked it hard onto the ice. The wolf freed itself from his grip, ran 15–20 feet away, stopped and turned back again facing him. Lance threw his arms up and yelled, which scared the wolf away. He subsequently escaped on his snow machine. Although the Alaska wildlife authorities were unaware of any rabid animals in the area, Lance was treated for potential rabies exposure. Authorities could not capture the wolf .|||
|Muratbek Bakhtygali, Aigul Espentayeva, Nazgul Adilgereyeva, Beket Shadmanov||70/?||♂/ ♀/ ♀/ ♂||December 6, 2012||Predatory||Algabas Village, Almaty Region, Kazakhstan||A wolf attacked Muratbek in the courtyard and bit off his nose. He felt like dying but now his cow rushed along and took the predator on its horns. The wolf fled, but on its way it injured two workers of the local kindergarten on their hands and legs. Finally it got killed with a stick and a crowbar by Beket Shadmanov. All victims were treated in the hospital. The examination of the wolf 's corpse showed no rabies.|||
|Aishat Maksudova||♀||November, 2012||Makhachkala, Russia. Russia's province of Dagestan in the North Caucasus Mountains.||Aishat Maksudova was attacked by a lone wolf, however she managed to fight it off with a nearby ax.|||
|Meryem Kara, İsmail Atmaca||60 /?||♀ / ♂||October, 15.2012||Rabid||Yazıçayırı,Kulu,Konya, Turkey||The incident took place on 15 October in the village of Yazçayır, which belongs to Kulu. Meryem Kara, 60 years old, went to the toilet outside in the garden and was killed by the wolf attacking her. The wolf which escaped from here was shot dead by a rifle after attacking İsmail Atmaca in the village of Köşker, neighbor of Yazıçayır village. Having found out, that the wolf was rabid the officials started a rabies vaccination program at the Kulu State Hospital.|||
|Abbas Mohammed||5||♂||September 24, 2012||Predatory||Hilla, Iraq||The victim was picking berries with five older boys, when a wolf attacked him and tore open his abdomen.|||
|Rukmanna||18 months||♂||August, 2012||Predatory||Belur village, Gulbarga, India||The victim was left sleeping under a tree as his mother worked in a nearby field. The child was found missing at 16:00, and a search was mounted. The child's skull was found on the morning of August 24 in an area where wolves were sighted. The village had previously reported a non-fatal attack on a five-year-old boy the year before.|||
|Jeffrey Kartsivadze||60||♂||July 10, 2012||Predatory||Zemo village, Shuakhevi District, Georgia|||
|Stanislav Biennale||2||♂||July, 2012||Predatory||Berezino, Ukraine||The victim went missing on July 23 during a visit to his foster mother's parents. His hands and head were found on August 1, 500 meters from the village.|||
|Varlam Butskhrikidze||65||♂||February, 2012||Predatory||Vazisubani village, Telavi District, Georgia||Found dying of blood-loss in his home from a severed arm. It was later confirmed that the culprit was a wolf.|||
|Four People||77/?/15/30||♂/♂/♀/♀||June 17, 2012||Predatory||Kolmården Wildlife Park, near Norrköping, Sweden||The killed victim was a zoo employee who had worked with the Kolmården wolf pack, consisting of eight wolves, for three years. The wolves had previously attacked three other people: in 2007, Swedish TV-profile Arne Weise was knocked over by one, in 2010 a visitor sustained a bite to the arm, and a 15-year-old girl had been bitten on the thigh by one of the wolves a month before the fatal 2012 attack. The zoo operated a policy of "social activities", in which staff members interacted with the animals in order to establish rapport with them. The zoo employee was attacked at 11:00 AM after entering the wolf enclosure alone, and her colleagues only noticed her absence an hour later. Paramedics were unable to reach her on time, as the wolves had surrounded her body. After the attack, the zoo discontinued its "social activities".|||
|Seven people||62/8/?||♀/♂/?||March, 2012||Predatory||Tengzhou, Shandong, China||In addition to the fatal attacks, the wolf involved had injured five other people, including a boy on his way to school. On March 19, the local police tracked the wolf to a wheat field and shot it in the leg, chasing it for 20 km before killing it. The wolf weighed 58.5 kg, and measured 80 cm in height and a metre in length.|||
|Surik Isayan||22||♂||March 15, 2012||Predatory||Talvorik Village, Armavir Province, Armenia||Coming home at 5:30 pm Surik saw a wolf attacking his dog. To chase away the predator Surik turned on the light in his yard, but was then immediately attacked by himself. Man, dog and wolf were in a fight until family members came out of the house because of the noise. Together they chased away the wolf. After hours of hunting the wolf got snapped. Severely injured Surik got first aid treatments in the Armavir Medical Center and was later referred to Saint Gregory The Illuminator Medical Center.|||
|Rene Anderson||55||♀||September 25, 2011||Predatory||Ten miles south of Pierce near Headquarters, Idaho, USA||A lone wolf charged after Rene while she was hunting for elk when it jumped up from behind a pile of logs. Rene quickly thought about pulling her .44 magnum Smith and Wesson pistol and killed the 100-pound wolf with four shots.|||
|Kezban Kartalmış, Şerife Erkip||79 / 76||♀ / ♀||April 14, 2011||Rabid||Simav, Kütahya, Turkey||The two attacks occurred close to grazing cattle in an area with grasland and forests .Seriously injured Kezban Kartalmış was brought to the Kütahya Evliya Çelebi State Hospital, for treatment, while Şerife Erkip lost her life on the scene fatally wounded by the attacking wolf. Measures were being taken in the region against the possibility of rabies.|||
|Asylhanov Mukhtarov and 3 men||♀/ ♂/ ♂/ ♂||January 31, 2011||Predatory||Zhanabulak village, Akzhaik district, West Kazakhstan||Asylanov Mukhtarov was the last human victim of an attacking wolf which came down to the village in search for food.On its way it has already wounded 3 people. The fourth attack on the woman leaving a shop in the village was the heaviest and brought the victim close to death. She was rescued by other residents hearing her screams and chasing away the wolf.When later the animal came back it was killed by pitchforks. All victims got treatments in the hospital and preventive rabbies vaccination.|||
|Karen Calisterio||52||♀||November 27, 2010||Narrowly averted||Driveway of her home between Tensed, Idaho and Plummer, Idaho, USA||Calisterio was walking alone up her long snowy rural driveway at dusk when she saw a pack of four wolves about 200 yards ahead, near her house. The wolves saw her and began walking toward her. She turned and ran, but remembered that was not recommended in such situations. She then turned around to face the wolves, kept walking backwards as fast as she could, and used her cell phone to summon a neighbor, who arrived in an SUV to rescue her by 4:53PM. During that time, the wolves vanished into some bushes.|||
|♂/ ♂/ ♀/ ?||October 25, 2010||Predatory||Razan City, Hamadan Province, Iran||Around midnight a wolf attacked a mother and her child.. The animal lifted up the child and tried to escape with the prey. Alarmed by the shouts of the mother incoming neighbours could rescue the child. On the following wild run the wolf injured two more men. All injured were treated in the hospital and later some wolves were shot.|||
| Zhyldyz Bakasova,
|29/ 4||♀/ ♀||October 29, 2010||Predatory||Cholok-Kayin Village, Ak-Tala District, Naryn Region, Kyrgyzstan.||Zhyldyz Bakasova was engaged in housework in the yard in front of the house while her daughter was playing nearby. At about 4:00 pm she saw a large wolf approaching her child. Jyldyz stood in front of the beast protecting her daughter. The wolf pounced on the woman, rested his forelegs in her chest and tried to grab her by the throat. At that time the woman's father-in-law stormed out of the house, and the wolf ran away. The woman was bitten on her hands, but after treatment in the hospital she was feeling fine.|||
|10 People||Adults||♀/ ♀/ ♀/ ♂/ ?||September 27, 2010||Rabid||Chaditsa-, Mogilevsky-, Vazhiya-Village,Klimovsky District,Bryansk Oblast,Russia||An elderly woman was killed and nine more people were injured by a rabid wolf on his run through Klimovsky District. More than 60 hunters tracked down the large animal and finally killed it. The injured people were treated in the hospitals and could be saved .|||
|Ali Şahin, Kıymet Şahin,İsmet Bozkurt||66/65/?||♂/♀ /♂||September 9, 2010||Rabid?||Doganpınar Village, Pülümür District,Turkey||Ali Şahin, 66 and Kıymet Şahin, his 65 years old wife, were suddenly attacked by the wolf entering the door while they were sitting in their house at about 20:00 in the evening. The wolf first attacked Ali Şahin and tore his face and bit the other parts of his body, then Kıymet Şahin, while Ali Şahin was trying to save his wife.Upon the arrival of the other villagers who heard the shouts, they managed to escape from the door where the wolf entered.They were treated in the hospital.
. The wolf that Doganpınar villagers couldn't find despite their search at night,then attacked İsmet Bozkurt, who was in the field outside the village in the morning hours. He was wounded after the wolf attack and treated in the hospital.
|Candice Berner||32||♀||March 8, 2010||Predatory||Chignik, Alaska, USA, 65 miles southwest of Kodiak||Berner, a teacher and avid jogger, was discovered dead along a road by snowmobilers, who found Northwestern wolf tracks in the adjacent snow. The Alaska State Medical Examiner ruled that her death was caused by "multiple injuries due to animal mauling." A series of necropsies performed on wolves culled in the surrounding area shortly after the attack ruled out rabies, sickness, or wolf-dog hybridisation as being causes of the attack. The case was notable as being the first fatal wolf attack in North America in which DNA evidence was gathered to confirm wolf involvement.|||
|Ahmed Sabic||25||♂||December 22, 2009||Predatory||Cista Velika, Imotski Region, Dalmatian Hinterland, Croatia||Three wolves attacked a herd of cows close to his house. Seeing this the shepherd ran out swinging a stick to chase away the predators. Now one of the wolves attacked immediately the defender. In the following struggle Sabic suffered several scratches which later caused him to get wound treatments and rabies vaccination in the Imotski Hospital.|||
|Roderick Phillip||35||♂||September 10, 2009||Rabid||along the Kuskokwim River near Kalskag, Alaska, USA||Phillip and his hunting party were camped and he took an unarmed stroll down to the river to look for moose. Phillip was attacked by a rabid, white, 16-month old male lone wolf weighing more than 100 pounds. The wolf bit him in the upper right thigh, its teeth cutting through a pair of Carhartt pants, sweatpants and his boxers. He wrestled the wolf to the ground and kept him there until his two companions arrived for his aid. Phillip subsequently jumped up and threw the wolf away from them. One of the men with him shot the wolf with a hunting rifle. They dressed the wound and headed for the hospital after daybreak, bringing the carcass with them. The wolf tested positive for rabies and Phillip was put through a series of 5 shots over the next 28 days.|||
|Adult||♀||February 20, 2009||Predatory||Giorgitsminda, Kakheti, Georgia, about 40 kilometres from Tbilisi||The victim had been missing for several days before being discovered. Prior to the attack, numerous wolf attacks on both livestock and humans had been reported in the region in the last month. Two weeks before the attack, a woman in the village of Pirosmani suffered serious throat injuries from a wolf attack.|||
|Galina Solyanik, Zoe Rybalko and one more woman||♀/ ♀/ ♀||February 11, 2008||Unprovoked||Bohoyavlenka, Donetsk Oblast, Ukraine||Galina and her two friends were attacked by a wolf on February 11 around 4:00 am on the way to the farm. All the victims were hospitalized in the central district hospital|||
|Kyle Keays and family, Rod Barrie and family||December 22, 2007||Predatory||Fort Nelson, British Columbia, Canada||
The two families were attacked by two wolves while tobogganing 100 kilometres east of Fort Nelson. Thanks to Shadow, the Rottweiler-cross of Keays, which attacked the wolves when they were running toward the little children, none of them was lifted and taken away. Finally the families could withdraw from the threatening situation. Later Keays, a licensed hunter, shot both wolves as the animals followed the families to their camp.
|Alycia Beiergrohslein, Camas Barkemeyer and a third woman||♀/ ♀/ ♀||December 20, 2007||Unprovoked||Artillery Road, Anchorage, Alaska||“They were so quiet. They just came right up on us. They were quick. The dogs had no clue. They didn’t smell them or hear them — nothing,”--“I was rainbowing my pepper spray, and they fell back a little bit But as soon as we would turn our backs to try to go, they would run up on us, and we would turn around and start screaming again, and I would spray my pepper spray."--“We just kept pulling, and they were so big, and they started howling, and they were circling us. And it got us really panicked, and we kept screaming,”--“They were not afraid of us and I’m afraid that if I was out here by myself, they would attack me. They were not afraid,” Camas Barkemeyer and Alycia Beiergrohslein described their situation, as they and one more friend together with their leashed dogs were surrounded by at least 7 wolves.Luckily only Barkemeyer’s American bulldog Buddy had to undergo surgery to mend wounds caused by three attacking wolves after they had finally managed to escape from the thread.|||
|Bekbolat Amirkhanov||50||♂||April 24, 2007||Predatory||Kurmangazinsky District, Atyrau Region, Kazakhstan||The shepherd was grazing the sheep when the attack started.Then he decided to fight the attacking wolf in the way of another countryman by grabbing the animal's tongue. He didn't let go until the wolf exhausted and finally died. The struggle lasted an hour and Amirkhanov suffered multiple injuries on his right hand.|||
|Becky Wanamaker||25||♀||July 7, 2006||Predatory||Dalton Highway near campground northwest of Fairbanks, Alaska, USA||Becky was walking along the highway and saw a big white lone wolf twenty yards away. She ran after it began to charge her. The wolf inflicted puncture wounds in both legs and a laceration in one. Wanamaker was able to take shelter in an outhouse until the wolf left. She made her way to another outhouse and awakened campers sleeping nearby, who assisted her. Wolf biologist Mark McNay speculated that human-habituation and the wolf's young age were key factors in the attack. The wolf was not captured. Wanamaker was medicated for potential exposure to rabies.|||
|Kenton Carnegie||22||♂||November 8, 2005||Predatory||Points North Landing, Saskatchewan, Canada||Carnegie had gone for a walk and didn't return to the geological surveyors' camp where he was working. His body was found partially consumed in an area known to be frequented by four wolves which regularly fed on human refuse. The pathologist who performed the autopsy, testified Carnegie had lost about 25% to 30% of his body mass in the attack, with the top midsection to the thigh having been partially consumed. Although originally the possibility that the culprit was a black bear was not ruled out, a coroners' jury concluded after a two-year inquiry that the attackers had indeed been Northwestern wolves.|||
|Two people||Winter, 2005||Khost province, Afghanistan||Occurred during what was considered the worst Afghan Winter in over a decade.|||
|Four people||Winter, 2005||Naka, Paktia province, Afghanistan||Two of the victims were killed during trips to other villages.|||
|Two people||Early February, 2005||Muinak district, western Uzbekistan|||
|Elderly Man||♂||January 5, 2005||Predatory||Village of Vali-Asr, near the town of Torbat Heydariya, northeastern Iran||Wolves entering the village seeking refuge from harsh weather attacked an elderly homeless man in front of witnesses. Those witnessing the incident attempted to fight off the wolves, while waiting for police assistance. Police intervention never came, and the victim died.|||
|Fred Desjarlais||55||♂||December 31, 2004||Predatory||Key Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada||Desjarlais was jogging three kilometres back to Cameco's Key Lake campsite when he decided to not wait for a shuttle bus. A lone wolf attacked him from a ditch during the jog. Desjarlais tried to frighten it away, but the wolf continued approach and finally jumped on him. A busload of his colleagues spotted the incident and came to his aid. The wolf subsequently fled into the wilderness. His colleagues took Desjarlais to a nearby medical facility, where he received stitches. A few hours later, an air ambulance took Desjarlais to Royal University Hospital where he began a series of rabies treatments. After the attack on Desjarlais, governmental authorities built an electric fence around Key Lake's landfill to prevent further predatory animal attacks on miners.|||
|Three people||Winter, 2003||Astrakhan Oblast, Russia|||
|Three shepherds||Winter, 2003||Sredneakhtubinsky District, Russia.|||
|14 Children||Within 6 months until August 2003||Predatory||Laliya, Auraiya, Balrampur District, Uttar Pradesh, India||Principal chief conservator of forest, RL Singh demanded the villagers in nearby areas for constant alertness and stated: "Since the man eater wolves will not kill grown up humans they can be rounded up and killed. Without the tacit co-operation of villagers and licensed firearm support of the public, the forest officials alone will not be able to contain the wolf menace. This we know from our experience in the worst recorded incident of wolf menace in the history of the 20th century wherein 170 children were killed," he said.|||
|Scott Langevin||23||♂||July 2, 2000||Predatory||Vargas Island, Tofino,Area, British Columbia, Canada||Sleeping outside his tent on Vargas Island in the early morning the student was awakened by a dark-colored wolf tugging at the foot of his sleeping bag. He yelled and kicked at it without success. Fighting each other the wolf and the man rolled over the campsite. Eventually, Mr. Langevin's screams alarmed his fellow campers in nearby tents, and they scared the animal off..Seriously injured he was transferred to Victoria for treatment. Later two wolves were destroyed.|||
|John Stenglein||6||♂||April 26, 2000||Predatory||logging camp at Icy Bay, Alaska||The nearly 7-year-old John Stenglein and 9-year-old Keith Gamble were playing at the edge of the woods, when a wolf appeared and attacked John. The wolf didn't growl; it just looked at him, John said later. Keith's mother, Teresa Thompson credits their family´s dog with saving the boys. John thinks the dog rushed in to save him too. But the wolf fought off the Labrador retriever and went back after the boys. While the dog and the wolf were fighting, John said, he ran in mud boots about as far as the hospital room door - maybe 20 feet - before the wolf caught him and started biting. John received 19 laceration and puncture wounds on the back, legs, and buttocks, before adult arrived, fought the wolf off and shot it. First he was treated at a Yakutat health clinic and went home to Icy Bay the day after the attack. But two days later, John got really sick, his mother Diane Stenglein said, "He had a fever and said his feet felt like needles". In the Yakutat clinic John's stitches were removed and he was put on antibiotics. Doctors cut away the infected area in the small of his back so it would heal cleanly, the boy's back and legs were covered in bandages.
The wolf was found to have been neither sick nor starving, but in "excellent condition" with good teeth and healthy deposits of fat around its organs. Although a rumor has circulated around both camps that someone had fed the wolf before the attack, but a necropsy of the wolf's carcass found no sign of human food in its stomach
|Victim(s)||Age||Gender||Date||Type of attack||Location||Details||Source(s)|
|Anand Kumar||4||♂||1996||Predatory||Banbirpur, India||The wolf attacked Kumar while he, his two siblings and his mother were using the open ground for their toilet. When a police search party found the boy three days later, half a mile away, all that remained of the body was the head.|||
|Zachariah Delventhal||11||♂||August, 1996||Predatory||Algonquin Provincial Park, Ontario, Canada||From the Congressional Record [Pages H7152-H7177]:-- "In August, 1996, the Delventhal family of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, were spending a nine-day family vacation in Algonquin and joined a group of Scouts in ``howling'' at the wolves. They were answered by the howl of a solitary wolf.That night the Delventhals decided to sleep out under the stars. Young Zachariah was dreaming when he suddenly felt excruciating pain in his face. A lone wolf had bit him in the face and was dragging him from his sleeping bag. Zach screamed and Tracy, Zach's Mother, raced to his side and picked him up, saturating her thermal shirt with blood from Zach's wounds.The wolf stood menacingly less than a yard away. Tracy yelled at her husband, Thom, who leapt from his sleeping bag and charged the wolf. The wolf retreated and then charged at Tracy and Zach. The charges were repeated. Finally the wolf left. Thom turned a flashlight on 11-year-old Zach and saw, that the boy's face had been ripped open. His nose was crushed. Parts of his mouth and right cheek were torn and dangling. Blood gushed from puncture wounds below his eyes, and the lower part of his right ear was missing. Zach was taken to a hospital in Toronto where a plastic surgeon performed four hours of reconstructive surgery. Zach received more than 80 stitches in his face.Canadian officials baited the Delventhals' campsite and captured and destroyed a 60-lb wild male wolf. No further attacks have occurred since. (Cook, Kathy; ``Night of the Wolf'' READER'S DIGEST, July 1997, pp. 114-119.)"--|||
|Patricia Wyman||24||♀||April 18, 1996||Predatory||Haliburton, Ontario, Canada||Wyman was fatally mauled on her third day of work as a caretaker of the timber wolves at the Haliburton Forest and Wildlife Reserve. Six officers eventually entered the enclosure to take the corpse away. The wolves were killed the next day and tested negative for rabies. The wolves were raised in captivity all of their lives, but never socialized with people.|||
|60 children||March, 1996||Uttar Pradesh, India|||
|Michael Amosov||60||♂||February 21, 1996||Predatory||Hamlet of Bolonitza, Zadrach, Belarus||Amosov disappeared while walking to Bolonitza from Zadrach through a forest. A search party followed his tracks and found an area of churned, bloodied snow surrounded by multiple wolf tracks.|||
|55||♂||December, 1995||Predatory||Hvoschono, Belarus||The victim was a woodcutter who disappeared while working in a nearby forest. Two days later, a search party found his remains surrounded by wolf tracks.|||
|9||♀||December, 1995||Predatory||Usviatyda, Belarus||Disappeared while walking home from school. Her father searched for her and found her head surrounded by bloodied snow covered in wolf tracks.|||
|Adult||♀||October, 1995||Rabid||Village south of Voronezh, Russia||Fatally bitten on the throat whilst working in a cornfield. The same wolf then bit a mushroom picker, a man working on a beetroot plantation, and a third man, all of which survived. It was subsequently killed by workers armed with pitchforks. The wolf was examined at the Pavlovsk hospital, and found to be rabid.|||
|60 children||April 1993 – April 1995||Hazaribagh, India||Five wolf packs were thought to be responsible for the attacks.|||
|1995||Predatory||Karelia, Russia||The fatal attack prompted the organisation of a major hunt, with a prize of $2000 for the hunter who killed the most wolves.|||
|Adult||♀||1993||Predatory||40 km from Tasmurinsky State Hunting Area, north of Almaty, Kazakhstan||Killed and partially eaten.|||
|Alyshia Berczyk||3||♀||June 3, 1989||Captive||Forest Lake, Minnesota, United States||By her family's wolf in the backyard of her father's home. She died of liver damage incurred when the wolf slammed her into the ground.|||
|17 children||Late 1985 – January 1986||Predatory||Ashta, India.||The pack responsible for the attacks consisted of two adult males, an adult female, a subadult female and two pups. With the exception of the pups, which were adopted by Pardhi tribesmen, all wolves were killed by hunters and forest officials.|||
|Adult||♀||June, 1982||Possibly rabid||Dubrova, Belarus||Discovered in the vicinity of Dubrova village, with bite marks on the face, arms and legs. The same wolf had previously attacked people, cows, goats and a dog in the villages of Berzhelat, Zagornika, and Sventoyansk. It was killed by two hunters after it attempted to charge at them.|||
|Vera Khrapovitskaya/Seruk Maria||23/58||♀/♀||November 10, 1980||Rabid||Piskuni, Postavsky district, Russia||The attack occurred at 16:00 PM. Vera was mauled to death defending her geese, while Seruk was killed attempting to save her. The wolf further injured a man attempting to intervene, and was subsequently killed by a crowd of people.|||
|Elderly||♀||1980||Rabid||Estonia||1982.a. ründas marutõbine hunt Mahtra külas üksikus metsatalus elavat vanainimest Anna Pärtelit, viimane suri. Hunt läks sealt edasi naabertallu, kus ta majaperemehe poolt maha löödi.
Sellest oli juttu ka tolleaegses Rapla rajooni ajalehes "Ühistöö". See oli 1950.a., Põlvamaal, Prangli 4-kl. Algkooli naabruses elavat elanikku ründas marutõbine hunt. Olin 6-aastane, koos venna (3) ja vanatädiga peedipõllul. Meist möödus hunt, välimuselt vibalik, peenike, pea longus. Tädi, kes oli eluaegne karjus, pidevalt lambaid kaitsnud huntide eest, hakkas karjuma: hunt, hunt ja meie ka. Õnneks hunt ei pannud meid tähele. Hunt sörkis Prangli kooli poole ja mõne aja pärast kostis inimeste kisa. Kooli direktor nägi hunti tulemas naabite juurde ja hüüdis naabrimeele, et hunt on sinu aia taga. Mees, kes oli Siberis paljude huntidega võidelnud, otsustas hundile vastu hakata. Ta hüppas üle aia, õnnetuseks seljaga hundi poole, rünnak tuli ootamatult, mees võttis küll hundi pea haardesse, kuid hunt ulatas kõri kallale. Mehe vapper naine surus rusika hundi kurku ja nii päästis mehe elu. Hunt lasti maha. Kannatanud viibisid haiglaravil. Läbi metsatuka viis minu koolitee ( 600m), mis oli talvel hundikarja poolt sisse sõtkutud. Hommikuti liikus väike rongkäik kooli poole: eespool väikene koer, jumalalaulev vanaema laternaga, mina, viimasena suurem koer. ||
|Adult||♀||August 1979||Rabid||Sinezerka, Bryansk Oblast, Russia||Bitten on the cheek and buttocks. The wolf involved was a rabid female, which had also attacked four adults and an eight-year-old boy.|||
|Javier Iglesias Balbin||3||♂||July 10, 1974||Predatory||Rante, Spain||Probably the same wolf as below. It grabbed Balbin, who was sitting beside an elderly woman, and carried him off. His body was found 250m away in a patch of woodland. The wolf was identified as a lactating female. The wolf involved died from eating poisoned bait four days later. The attacks had occurred in a 6 km area surrounding a den with two pups. Although the animal tested negative for rabies, it had a severe parasite infestation.|||
|Jose Tomas Martinez Perez||11 months||♂||July 4, 1974||Predatory||Rante, Spain||The wolf grabbed Perez, who was lying close to some adults and older children on a field, and carried him through some scrub before letting the dying baby go after being chased by the adults.|||
|77||♀||May 23, 1974||Rabid||Arkadak, Saratov, Russia||Died directly of severe injuries to the head and extremities. The wolf involved attack nine other people, who all survived after post rabies exposure treatment.|||
|Three people||February 3, 1973||Rabid||Aurangabad district, Bihar, India||The wolf attacked 12 people and six animals, before being killed by villagers after biting a pregnant woman. All the victims who died had received head wounds.|
|18 people||Adults||♂||Autumn, 1971||Rabid||Hindu Kush, Afghanistan||All 18 victims were attacked while guarding crops.|||
|Manuel Sar Pazos||4||♂||June 21, 1959||Predatory||Tines village, Castrelo, Spain||Pazos was playing with a friend when a wolf attacked him and bit him on the back before chasing the second child. Adults managed to chase the wolf away. Two wolves were subsequently killed in the area in August that year, putting a stop to the attacks.|
|Luis Vasquez Perez||5||♂||June 25, 1957||Predatory||Vilare village, Castrelo, Spain||Perez was walking along a road with a friend when a wolf, later identified as a lactating female, attacked and killed him. The wolf chased the other boy and approached a 15-year-old girl before being chased off by adults. Perz's body was discovered an hour later hidden in a bush, with bite marks on the head, chest and legs.|
|Lidia Tupitsyna||6||♀||April 12, 1952||Predatory||Orichevsky District, Kirov Oblast, Russia||Dragged off by a wolf whilst picking berries.|||
|Four people||Children||1951–1953||Predatory||Oritji, Kirov Oblast, Russia|||
|10||♀||April 29, 1951||Predatory||Tarasovok, Orichevsky District, Kirov Oblast, Russia||Killed by a wolf whilst bathing with a friend in a small creek.|||
|3-6||♀/♀/♂||July/August 1950||Predatory||Lebyazhsky District, Kirov Oblast, Russia|||
|Three children||Reported in 1950||Predatory||Poltava Oblast, Ukraine||Killed by multiple wolves.|||
|Svetlana Tueva||8||♀||November 17, 1948||Predatory||Zykov, Nolinsky District, Kirov Oblast, Russia||The victim was walking home from school with friends, and was attacked by five wolves, which dragged her about a kilometre into a forest. Only her overcoat was recovered.|||
|Nine children||7-12||July–August 1948||Predatory||Darovskoy District, Kirov Oblast, Russia|||
|Adult/Adolescent||♀/?||December 1947||Predatory||Kirov Oblast, Russia||The victims were killed by a large, male wolf near the Kirov railway's Suna station. The wolf had previously bitten and scratched 13 people over the course of a month. When finally killed, it was found to be 138 cm in body length, and was very emaciated. A bundle of woman's hair was found in its stomach. The wolf was thought to have become a man-eater due to being unable to catch ungulates, and was likely used to scavenging human corpses during the war.|||
|Veniamina Fokina||13||♀||1947||Predatory||Rusanov, Khalturinsky District, Kirov Oblast, Russia|||
|Anna Mikheeva||16||♀||1947||Predatory||Rusanov, Khalturinsky District, Kirov Oblast, Russia||Wolves attacked the victim and her mother near Chernyabevij village. After killing her, the wolves dragged her into a forest. Following her blood trail, villagers first discovered her blood-stained dress, then her body, which was found to be partially eaten, and with a broken neck.|||
|14 people||Children||Summer, 1946||Predatory||Kolchinsky, Malinsky and Savinsky localities, Kaluga Oblast, Russia|||
|Child||July 14, 1946||Predatory||Red Warrior settlement, Kaluga Oblast, Russia|||
|Pimma Molchanova||5||♀||May 8, 1945||Predatory||Shilyavo, Nemsky District, Kirov Oblast, Russia||The victim was attacked whilst washing galoshes by a stream with a seven-year-old friend. Villagers followed her blood trail and found her body 500 metres away with injuries to the throat and the thigh muscles partially eaten.|||
|Maria Berdnikovu||17||♀||April 29, 1945||Predatory||Golodaevshchina, Kirov Oblast, Russia||The victim was grabbed by the throat whilst working with her sister 50 metres from their cattle yard. Despite intervention from villagers, the wolf dragged her toward a forest, letting go about 200 yards into the forest. The same wolf killed a lamb the next day, and was thought to have lost its fear of humans because of a lack of hunters in the village since 1944.|||
|10 people||Mainly children||1945–1947||Predatory||Vladimir, Kirov Oblast, Russia||See Kirov wolf attacks.|||
|Valya Starikova||13||♀||September 21, 1944||Predatory||Golodaevshchina, Kirov Oblast, Russia||The victim was carried into a forest. Only pieces of her shoes were recovered.|||
|Two people||Adult/7||♀/♀||Summer, 1944||Predatory||Dubniaki, Mari El, Russia||The woman and her granddaughter were killed by wolves whilst picking berries in the Mari-Solinsky forest. The bodies were covered with dark bruises, and one of the victim's throat was torn out.|||
|22 people||3-17||1944–1950||Predatory||Kirov, Kirov Oblast, Russia||See Kirov wolf attacks.|||
|Inuit Boy||Child||♂||1943||Rabid||near the Wainwright area in Alaska||Died of rabies from a timber wolf bite.|||
|Inuit Hunter||Adult||♂||1942||Rabid||near the Noorvik area in Alaska||Died of rabies from a timber wolf bite.|
|3||♀||1940s||Predatory||Near Bytosh railway station, Kaluga Oblast, Russia||Killed whilst picking flowers.|||
|Five people||Children||July–August, 1937||Predatory||Tymoszewicze and Hryniewicze villages, Belarus||The attacks were perpetrated by two wolves, which acted during daylight hours near human habitations.|||
|6||♀||Winter 1932||Predatory||Puumalan, Uikkaala, Finland||6-year-old girl was visiting next door, and did not return home. The search for the road vieren thicket found in meat and bone waste, and bloody rags.||Source]|
|Ten people||1924||Rabid||Kirov, Kirov Oblast, Russia||Killed by two rabid wolves, which bit another ten people who survived.|||
|Three people||Adult||♂||December 23, 1922||Sturgeon River, Manitoba, Canada||A trapper was killed by timber wolves two-miles from a settlement and found by two First Nations men. A bounty was placed on the wolves and the two aboriginal men decided to go after the wolves. The two did not return and a search and rescue party was formed. Their corpses were found two-miles further out from the first occurrence. Surrounding the two men were the carcasses of sixteen timber wolves showing the extent of the battle, but the rest of the pack had overwhelmed and killed them.|||
|Ben Cochrane||Adult||male||April 1922||Predatory||Fisher River near Lake Winnipeg in Manitoba, Canada||Cochrane was employed in trapping animals when a large pack of timber wolves attacked him. When searchers arrived at the horrific scene they found the bones of Cochrane's remains, a rifle with a broken buttstock, and the bones of eleven huge timber wolves. Seven of the wolves had been shot and four had been clubbed to death by Cochrane's rifle buttstock.|||
|Adult||♀||February 10, 1918||Predatory||Châlus, France||Killed and eaten near victim's house.|||
|8||♀||January 27, 1914||Predatory||Les Cars, France||Throat torn out by wolves near the border of Les Cars forest.|||
|Lavabre||♂||1912||Predatory||Alrance, France||Killed and partially eaten by wolves near Nazareth in the forest of Lagast.|||
|Victim(s)||Age||Gender||Date||Type of attack||Location||Details||Source(s)|
|25 people||1897–1914||Rabid||Seven different counties, Poland|||
|205 people||1896–1897||Predatory||Kirov Oblast, Russia|||
|10 people||1896–1897||Predatory||Vologda Oblast, Russia|||
|18 people||1896–1897||Predatory||Kostroma Oblast, Russia|||
|One person||1896–1897||Predatory||Arkhangelsk Oblast, Russia|||
|Nine people||1896–1897||Predatory||Yaroslavl Oblast, Russia|||
|8||♂||1880||Predatory||Uusikirkko, Karelia (then part of Finland)|||
|Child||♀||1880||Predatory||France||Throat torn out by a wolf in a barn.|||
|22-35 people||Children||1879–1882||Predatory||Åbo, Finland||The attacks were committed by a mated pair of wolves. As the attacks progressed, hunters from Russia, Lithuania and the Finnish army contributed to the effort in stopping them. The attacks ended after a female wolf was shot in January 1882, and a male 12 days later.|||
|Nine people||Children||1877||Tammerfors, Finland|||
|21 people||1875||Kurland, Latvia|||
|L. Laurens||62||1 March 1873||Predatory||Meyrueis, France||"Eaten by a wolf".|||
|0||♂||1863||Predatory||Saint-Amant-de-Bonnieure, France||The newborn's body was found in a forest, with the upper body eaten by wolves.|||
|Marie Bourret||Adult||♀||August 25, 1857||Predatory||Châteauneuf-de-Randon, France||Killed and eaten by wolves, along with her daughter (see below).|||
|Bourret||10||♀||August 25, 1857||Predatory||Châteauneuf-de-Randon, France||Died along with her mother from a lacerated leg.|||
|Child||♀||1850||Predatory||Luz-la-Croix-Haute, France||Killed and eaten by a wolf whilst searching for rope in a granary.|||
|376 people||266 adults/110 children||1849–1851||Russia|||
|Ten people||children||Autumn, 1847||Predatory||20 km from Shuya, Russia||The wolf involved was a female, which had previously killed four other children the previous June (see below).|||
|Four children||4/8/6/9||♂/♀/♀/♀||June, 1847||Predatory||20 km from Shuya, Russia||The wolf's first victim was a four-year-old boy. It then "tore to pieces" an eight-year-old girl, who was picking berries with two friends. A few days later, it killed a six-year-old girl in front of her mother. It later carried off a nine-year-old girl in the presence of several workers tending fields.|||
|21 people||One adult and 20 children||1839–1850||Kimito, modern Russian Karelia|||
|3 people||Children||1836||Kimito, Finland|||
|Nine people||One adult woman and eight children||January 1831 – summer 1832||Predatory||Kaukola, Kareila, Finland|||
|7||♂||July 9, 1824||Predatory||Saint-Mary, France||"Eaten by a female wolf."|||
|6||♂||May 31, 1824||Mszaniec village, Bieszczady Mountains, Poland|||
|14 months||♂||May 19, 1824||Predatory||Les Pins, France||"Eaten by a wolf."|||
|Ertmann, Joseph Fuge||adult/46||female/male||March 15, 1823||Rabid||Mönsdorf village, near town of Rössel, East Prussia (today Mnichowo, Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship, Poland)||Around 5.30 AM the wolf first crossed the yard of farmer Joseph Fuge (* July 15, 1776, in Mönsdorf), then attacked and injured in the immediate neighbourhood both an adult women (Katramski) at her little house and a pig, thereafter in the vicinity another adult women (Ertmann) as well as a cattle and farmer Lingnau, who had tried to help. When Fuge armed with an axe arrived in order to fight the wolf, he himself was attacked and injured. Other farmers arrived and killed the wolf fighting with Fuge and held by him to the ground. Immediately after the attacks the four victims were treated by medical doctors in the nearby town of Rössel. On April 15, Ertmann, who had been injured most seriously, showed symptoms of hydrophobia and died. On April 30, Fuge showed symptoms of hydrophobia too; he died on May 3 at 1 AM at his home.|||
|Pierre Clausse||3||♂||September 7, 1821||Predatory||Théding, France||Dragged off and eaten by a wolf in the canton of Almeth. Only a portion of his leg, a shoulder, two ribs, and his intestine were recovered.|||
|Dubois||6||♂||June 26, 1821||Predatory||Saint-Estèphe, France||Killed at 8:00 am whilst tending pigs with three older boys. Despite fierce resistance, the victim was dragged off and killed in a wheat field.|||
|12 people||3.5-19||December 30, 1820 – March 27, 1821||Predatory||Gysinge, Gästrikland, Sweden||The wolf in question had also attacked 15 other people, who survived. It is thought that the wolf had previously been kept in captivity for 3–4 years before escaping. With the exception of a 19-year-old woman, all fatal attacks were directed against children between the ages of 3.5-15. The wolf was subsequently shot.|||
|4||July 11, 1819||Predatory||La Ferté, Jura, France||"Caught and eaten by a wolf."|||
|19 people||1819||Węgrów, Poland|||
|Jean Baron||3||♂||January 16, 1818||Predatory||Billy-sur-Oisy, France||Dragged off by a wolf from a nearby wood whilst walking with a friend, 200m from the village of Chamoy. His head was discovered days later in a bush.|||
|François Talaron||♂||February 23, 1818||Predatory||St. Martial, France||Body found eaten by wolves in the mountains of Accens.|||
|4||♀||June 30, 1817||Predatory||Near Clamecy, France||Killed along with an older boy (see below) while tending livestock.|||
|6||♂||June 30, 1817||Predatory||Near Clamecy, France||Killed along with a younger girl while tending livestock.|||
|Child||1817||Predatory||Charentenay, France||Killed by a wolf, initially misidentified as a hyena.|||
|Jean-Baptiste Vigne||7||♂||August 15, 1817||Predatory||Sainte-Cécile-d'Andorge, France||Dragged off from outside his house and consumed. Only his lower intestine and parts of his clothing were recovered.|||
|Jean Castanet||9||♂||August 11, 1817||Predatory||Lamelouze, France||"Devoured".|||
|Anne Vaudry||6||♀||August 11, 1817||Predatory||Rahon, France||Killed and eaten by a wolf described as being the size of a calf.|||
|8||♂||July 29, 1817||Predatory||Montpont-en-Bresse, France||Killed and eaten by a wolf, despite vigorous defence from victim's father. The female wolf involved was identified as belonging to a non-local race, probably from the alps. The fact that it was about to whelp could have been an explanation for its behaviour.|||
|Alexis-Félix Chat||10||♂||September 11, 1816||Predatory||Gravières, France||"Devoured" by multiple wolves.|||
|Jean-Louis Barre||7||♂||October 10, 1816||Predatory||Chamborigaud, France|||
|Étienne Notet||13||♂||October 17, 1816||Predatory||Surgy, France||Ambushed and killed by a wolf whilst tending his flock with his older brother at 4:00 AM.|||
|Pierre Noireau||19||♂||September 21, 1816||Predatory||Asnières-sous-Bois, France||Attacked and strangled by a wolf lying in ambush in a haystack at 2:00 AM. The wolf dragged him for 10-12 yards before the attack was interrupted. The victim subsequently died of his wounds in Dornecy.|||
|Child||May 10, 1816||Predatory||Brèves, France||Third victim of a man-eating wolf, which claimed its victims between the Nièvre and the Yonne. A three-year-old female wolf was subsequently killed on July 16, and was found to have human hair in its digestive tract.|||
|9/10||♀/♀||May 10, 1816||Predatory||Brèves, France||Two girls killed by a female wolf (see above).|||
|10/10||♂/♂||October 22, 1815||Predatory||Fontenay-sous-Fouronnes, France||Two boys killed by a wolf.|||
|Françoise Courtet||10||♀||October 11, 1815||Predatory||Festigny, France||Killed in the presence of an eight-year-old girl, with whom she was picking acorns. The girl stated that the victim was killed by a greyish-white animal, with big ears and a large tail.|||
|Rose Rainard||6||♀||August 8, 1815||Predatory||Courry, France||Dragged off by a wolf. Only her head, entrails, and three ribs were recovered.|||
|Cécile Trial||12||♀||June 20, 1815||Predatory||Les Vans, France||Throat torn out.|||
|Rose Coste||7||♀||May 9, 1815||Predatory||Malbosc, France||Killed and eaten by a wolf at 6:00 AM, in front of her house.|||
|December 6, 1814||Predatory||Chaingy, France||Two victims of the beast of Orléans, which injured eight others.|||
|Marie-Anne Cribier||14||♀||December 5, 1814||Predatory||Huisseau-sur-Mauves, France|||
|Marie Domergue||30||♀||November 20, 1814||Predatory||Saint-André-Capcèze, France||Attacked and killed by a wolf, which consumed her breasts and entrails.|||
|Anne Robert veuve Comte||38||♀||October 14, 1814||Predatory||Aujac, France||"Devoured by a wolf".|||
|Frédéric Comte||4||♂||October 28, 1814||Predatory||Les Vans, France|||
|Child||September 3, 1814||Predatory||Blannay, France||Attacked by a wolf, and died shortly after.|||
|Child||September 3, 1814||Predatory||Sermizelles, France|||
|Child||September 1, 1814||Predatory||Malbosc, France|||
|Child||September 1, 1814||Predatory||Aujac, France|||
|Rose Figeire||4||♀||September 1, 1814||Predatory||Ponteils-et-Brésis, France||Dragged off by a wolf in front of her house. Only her head and some bones were recovered.|||
|François||6||♂||August 28, 1814||Predatory||Malons-et-Elze, France||"Devoured by a wolf".|||
|Adult||♀||July 14, 1814||Predatory||Saint-Cyr-les-Colons, France||Killed and eaten by a "furious" wolf.|||
|8||♀||June 31, 1814||Predatory||Saint-Moré, France||Killed and eaten by a wolf, which had injured two other children on the same day.|||
|8||♀||May 26, 1814||Predatory||Voutenay-sur-Cure, France||Dragged off and consumed by a wolf. The same animal had knocked over and bitten a 16-year-old girl on the same day.|||
|Rose Henriette Dumas||7||♀||October 22, 1813||Predatory||Saint-André-de-Cruzières, France||Killed and partially eaten in a wood.|||
|Joseph Gadilhe||14||♂||September 8, 1813||Predatory||Banne, France||Killed and eaten by a "wolf-like" animal.|||
|Marie Rose André||7||♀||August 22, 1813||Predatory||Concoules, France||Killed and partially eaten. Her body was discovered with the head and an arm missing.|||
|Child||♀||June 29, 1813||Predatory||Morey, France|||
|Adult||♀||June 29, 1813||Predatory||Percey-le-Grand, France||Eaten by wolves. Only her feet were discovered.|||
|Charbonnet||12||♀||June 28, 1813||Predatory||Cult, Haute-Saône, France||Killed and eaten by a wolf whilst guarding her flock with her mother.|||
|Cardot||10||♀||June 25, 1813||Predatory||Chancey, France||Killed and eaten whilst gathering herbs near her village between 7:00-8:00 AM.|||
|Jean-Baptiste Nicolas||7||♂||May 30, 1813||Predatory||Sénéchas, France||Died from multiple wolf bites.|||
|Catherine Figeire||11||♀||February 6, 1813||Predatory||Ponteils, France||"Devoured".|||
|Marie-Rose Hours||9||♀||January 22, 1812||Predatory||Malbosc, France||Died from multiple wolf bites.|||
|Augustin Coulomb||8||♂||January 8, 1813||Predatory||Sainte-Marguerite-Lafigère, France||Eaten by a wolf. Only the victim's head was recovered.|||
|Joseph Pialet||3||♂||December 30, 1812||Predatory||Malbosc, France||Dragged off by a wolf in front of his father's house, and was recovered with his throat torn out.|||
|Marie Dairès||9||♀||November 21, 1812||Predatory||Malons-et-Elze, France||Killed by three wolves whilst protecting her flock.|||
|Pierre-Victor Albaric||4||♂||November 19, 1812||Predatory||Vialas, France||Killed and eaten by a wolf, leaving only the victim's head and a few bones.|||
|Joseph Auziol||13||♂||October 29, 1812||Predatory||Malbosc, France||Killed and eaten by a wolf near his house.|||
|Marie Chat||3||♀||October 28, 1812||Predatory||Gravières, France||Killed and eaten by a wolf near Albourniès, close to her home.|||
|Jean Placide Hours||6||♂||October 26, 1812||Predatory||Malbosc, France||"Devoured."|||
|Cyprien Marcias||10||♂||October 21, 1812||Predatory||Concoules, France||Killed by an "enormous" wolf.|||
|François Marcy||7||♂||September 8, 1812||Predatory||Les Vans, France||Killed and eaten near his home. His head, arms, legs and buttocks were found buried in a pit.|||
|Child||August 14, 1812||Predatory||Near Mailley, France||Throat torn out by wolves whilst walking home.|||
|13||♂||January, 1812||Predatory||Crozon, France|||
|Louis Herpeux||14||♂||October 11, 1811||Predatory||Québriac, France||Dragged into a forest by a large wolf.|||
|Isaac||5||♂||September 22, 1811||Predatory||Concoules, France||Killed by a wolf, which left only the victim's head, heart and liver.|||
|Jaques-François Claudinot||10||♂||September 15, 1811||Predatory||Aujac, France|||
|Pierre André||5||♂||August 25, 1811||Predatory||Concoules, France||Killed by a wolf, which left only the victim's head, heart and liver.|||
|Child||July 3, 1811||Predatory||Vezet, France|||
|Child||July 3, 1811||Predatory||Arbecey, France|||
|Three people||Children||April 14, 1811||Predatory||Near Ponteils, France|||
|Jean-Baptiste Blanc||6||♂||March 24, 1811||Predatory||Saint-André-Capèze, France||Killed by wolves whilst defending his flock.|||
|9||♀||February 15, 1811||Predatory||Clairefontaine, France||Attacked by a wolf near the outskirts of a wood. The wolf severely mutilated her, and she survived after only half an hour of being rescued by her parents.|||
|Victoire Polge||7||♂||October 6, 1809||Predatory||Génolhac, France||Only the victims rags, some bones and head were recovered.|||
|Jean Almeras||5||♂||October 2, 1809||Predatory||Ponteils, France||Killed and eaten by a wolf whilst guarding his flock. Only some bones remained.|||
|Adélaïde Simon||9||♀||June 10, 1809||Predatory||Sénoncourt, France||Killed by a wolf whilst guarding her flock.|||
|10||♂||June 3, 1809||Predatory||Amance, France||Killed and partially eaten by a wolf whilst tending livestock with two friends.|||
|Antoine Fleurot||19||♂||March 28, 1809||Predatory||Saint-Léger-Vauban, France||Killed and partially eaten.|||
|Child||♀||1807||Predatory||Cugnet, France||Killed and partially eaten.|||
|Two children||?/11||July, 1807||Predatory||Near Beauvais, France|||
|4||♂||June 24, 1807||Predatory||Yssingeaux, France||Taken in front of his mother, dragged 50 feet away and eaten.|||
|Vitaux||8||♂||June 13, 1807||Predatory||Sacy, France||Almost completely eaten by starving wolves.|||
|Child||June, 1807||Predatory||Near Beauvais, France||The victim was killed by a wolf, which seriously injured another child.|||
|4||♀||July, 1806||Predatory||Saint-Géry, France||Partially eaten in front of her parents' house.|||
|Berthe||12||♀||July 1, 1801||Predatory||La Chapelle-Saint-André, France||Eaten by a wolf that injured several other children.|||
|Midrouillet||14||♂||June 30, 1801||Predatory||Colméry, France|||
|Gayeux||14||♀||June 17, 1801||Predatory||La Chapelle-Saint-André, France||Eaten by a wolf whilst tending his flock.|||
|Coignet||12||♀||June 15, 1801||Predatory||Menou, France||Eaten by a wolf whilst tending her flock.|||
|Jean Aimard||10||♂||June 13, 1801||Predatory||Oudan, France||Eaten by a wolf whilst tending his flock.|||
|Jean Paisan||5||♂||June 12, 1801||Predatory||Varzy, France||Eaten by a wolf whilst tending his flock.|||
|Madeleine Champy||10||♀||May 25, 1801||Predatory||Varzy, France||Killed and eaten by a wolf termed "greyhound" or "morning wolf".|||
|c. 6-8||♀||December 28, 1800||Predatory||Sørum, Akershus, Norway|||
|Victim(s)||Age||Gender||Date||Type of attack||Location||Details||Source(s)|
|Julien||Child||♀||July 7, 1799||Predatory||Veyreau, France|||
|Graille||Child||♂||July 7, 1799||Predatory||Veyreau, France|||
|Pierre-Jean Mauri||6||♂||June 23, 1799||Predatory||Veyreau, France|||
|François Nante||10||♂||November 4, 1797||Predatory||La Tranclière, France||Eaten by wolves.|||
|5||August 18, 1797||Predatory||Viliers-sur-Loir, France||Eaten by wolves, which infested the outskirts of Montoire. The attack prompted a large-scale hunt for the animals.|||
|Jean Delpuech||7||♂||September 10, 1796||Predatory||Pleaux, France||Throat torn out by a wolf near the "Dix-Maisons" section at 10:00 AM.|||
|8-10 people||Children||May 4, 1796||Predatory||Donzy, France|||
|Marie Angélique||4||♀||May 17, 1795||Predatory||Morteau, France||Victim's hair was found in a wolf's stomach.|||
|Maupin||9||♂||November 11, 1793||Predatory||Perrancey, France||Throat torn out and eaten by an animal, confirmed to be a wolf by eyewitnesses.|||
|Aubin Charles||12||♂||October 7, 1793||Sacquenay, France||Died from blood-loss from a wolf bite.|||
|Nicolas Roth||6||♂||September 1, 1793||Predatory||Selongey, France||Eaten near the Saint-Anne chapel.|||
|Anne Claude Berthiaux||Child||♀||June 20, 1793||Predatory||Thervay, France||Killed by a wolf on the way to Bussière.|||
|Maria Antonia Rimoldi||Child||♀||August 22, 1792||Predatory||Mazzo, Northern Italy.||Attacked while sitting under the shade of a walnut tree. The attack was seen by numerous witnesses, who drove the wolf off. Rimoldi died the following day from her injuries. The wolf responsible was likely the same one in the nine cases described below. It was ultimately caught in a pit on September 18, and killed outside Porta Vercellina in Milan.|||
|Giuseppa Re||13||♀||August 21, 1792||Predatory||Bareggio, Northern Italy.||Attacked while gathering wood in the Chiappa Grande wood. Her partially eaten body was later found 600 yards from the attack site.|||
|Anna Maria Borghi||13||♀||August 16, 1792||Predatory||Groana di Barlassina, Northern Italy.||Attacked along with a friend while tending her flock. The wolf fatally grabbed her by the throat, but was driven off by a nearby peasant.|||
|Regina Mosca||12||♀||August 11, 1792||Predatory||San Siro, Northern Italy.||Killed while picking herbs with other children. The wolf was driven off by people alerted to the children's screams. The same wolf later attacked a young boy in Boldinasco, but was driven off by an adult.|||
|Giovanna Sada||10||♀||August 4, 1792||Predatory||Arluno, Northern Italy.||Attacked while tending her flock with other children. The wolf grabbed her by the chest, dragged her a short distance then ate her throat.|||
|Domenico Cattaneo||13||♂||August 3, 1792||Predatory||Assiano, Northern Italy.||Dragged off by a wolf while tending his flock with other children. His remains were found days later in Cazzarate wood.|||
|Antonia Maria Beretta||8||♀||August 1, 1792||Predatory||Senago, Northern Italy.||Attacked while tending her flock. Despite being rescued, she died shortly after from deep wounds to the throat.|||
|Giuseppa Saracchi||6||♀||July 10, 1792||Predatory||Boundary between Cascina Piobba and Corbetta, Northern Italy.||Attacked while walking with her sister. Her body was discovered half a mile away from the attack site.|||
|Carlo Oca||8||♂||July 8, 1792||Predatory||Limbiate, Northern Italy.||Grabbed by the throat by a wolf while tending his flock with other children. He was dragged into a nearby wood, and was discovered later partially eaten.|||
|Giuseppe Antonio Gaudenzio||10||♂||July 4, 1792||Predatory||Cusago, Northern Italy.||The victim, a cowherd, returned home without the cow he had been instructed to guard. His father sent him back to retrieve it, and he did not return home. His remains and bloodied clothes were discovered a few days later.|||
|Anne Court||25||♀||June 19, 1788||Predatory||Les Adrets-de-l'Estérel, France|||
|François||8||♂||June 26, 1788||Predatory||Plan de la Tour, France||Killed and eaten during the night near the bastide of Guigonet.|||
|Dominique Pierruguès||11||♂||June 6, 1788||Predatory||Callas, France|||
|14||♂||April 1, 1788||Predatory||Brie, France||Pulled down and eaten my a "monstrous" wolf.|||
|10||1788||Predatory||Castelnau-de-Brassac, France||Attacked in full daylight by wolves, and died subsequently from sustained injuries.|||
|Child||♂||August 29, 1787||Rabid||Saint-Marcel, France||Torn apart by a rabid wolf.|||
|Adult||♂||September 25, 1786||Predatory||Rabouillet, France||Attacked near his cabin by five large wolves.|||
|Two men||Adult||♂/♂||1785||Predatory||Mirebeau, France||Killed by wolves previously unknown to the area.|||
|Geneviève Gauthier||62||♀||August 29, 1785||Predatory||Baule, France||Throat torn out by a wolf which had been terrorising the area for 5–6 months.|||
|Louise Angélique Sainson||18||♀||June 22, 1785||Predatory||Meung-sur-Loire, France|||
|Madaleine Fournier||40||♀||March 11, 1784||Predatory||Houssay, France||Attacked on February 28 by a starving female wolf, which partially ate her head.|||
|Jeanne Crosnier||60||♀||February 28, 1784||Predatory||Houssay, France|||
|37||♀||June 11, 1784||Predatory||Vouzy, France||Strangled and eaten.|||
|10||♂||April 15, 1783||Predatory||Montsauche, France||Dragged off by a wolf into a nearby forest whilst guarding his flock with two other boys. His body was found with tooth marks on the throat.|||
|Benoîte Branchu||13||♀||October 13, 1777||Predatory||Cormaranche-en-Bugey, France|||
|Philibert Martinaud||3||♂||October 9, 1777||Predatory||Ruffieu, France|||
|3||September 16, 1777||Predatory||Dramely, France||Dragged off by a wolf, despite the efforts of the victim's parents to intervene. The body was discovered 200 feet away from the village, with the head, thorax and arms missing.|||
|Françoise Combet||4||♀||August 6, 1777||Predatory||Hautville-Lompnes, France|||
|Jean-Baptiste Flamier||7||♂||July 23, 1777||Predatory||Arinthod, France||Seized by a wolf and dragged into a wheat field. His body was found with the belly and chest torn open, with cuts to the head.|||
|Benoît Janin-Tivolet||9||♂||June 13, 1777||Predatory||Hauteville-Lompnes, France||Fatally bitten on the throat.|||
|Marie-Claudine Marillier||4||♀||April 2, 1777||Predatory||Charchilla, France|||
|Marchon||Child||February, 1776||Predatory||Valfin-sur-Valouse, France||Partially eaten by a wolf.|||
|Claude Joseph Comte||5||♂||November 11, 1776||Predatory||Vescles, France|||
|Joseph Charpillon||7||♂||September 4, 1776||Predatory||Vescles, France|||
|Claude-Marie Perrot||8||♀||August 22, 1776||Predatory||Légna, France|||
|Jeanne-Louise Robert||7||♀||June 17, 1776||Predatory||Le Balme-de-Siligny, France||Died from multiple wolf bites|||
|13||♂||May 11, 1776||Predatory||Onoz, France||Killed and eaten by wolves.|||
|17 people||Children||1773||Predatory||Arinthod, France|||
|Isabelle Le Deuff||9||♀||August 13, 1773||Predatory||Melgven, France||Killed and eaten by an animal thought to have been a starving female wolf.|||
|8||♀||August, 1773||Predatory||Rosporden, France||Carried off by a wolf. Her bones were discovered alongside the skull of an older person.|||
|Jean-Baptiste Leroy||7||♂||May 20, 1772||Predatory||Saint-Ay, France||The victim's remains were found by the Loire. Tracks indicated wolf involvement.|||
|Nicolas Guillaumé||4||♂||December 4, 1772||Predatory||Paucourt, France|||
|Adult||♂||October, 1771||Predatory||Near Forges-les-Eaux, France||Torn apart by wolves, which left his head and leg.|||
|Child||♂||September 23, 1770||Predatory||Charleval, France|||
|Child||♂||September 22, 1770||Predatory||Auzouville-sur-Ry, France||Saved from a wolf by other children, but died from his injuries.|||
|11||♀||September 21, 1770||Predatory||Saint-Aignan-sur-Ry, France||Throttled to death by a wolf nicknamed "hare wolf".|||
|Mulot||8||♂||September 13, 1770||Predatory||Charleval, France||Killed by a white female wolf with pups. The attack spurred several rumors, including that the animal was a werewolf, a Jesuit or a witch.|||
|Passeleur||6||♀||September 8, 1770||Predatory||Saint-Denis-le-Thiboult, France|||
|7||♂||September 8, 1770||Predatory||Ry, France||Dragged off by a wolf nicknamed "hare wolf". The victim's father followed the animal's tracks, and found his son's body with the throat, chest, stomach and ribs eaten.|||
|14 people||November 21, 1765||Rabid||Orio Litta, Northern Italy.||The perpetrator was a female wolf from the woods of Adda. It bit 16 people, as well as several dogs and horses, before being suffocated to death by a man and his nephew. Its body was dissected by a medic in Milan, who confirmed that it had been rabid.|||
|113 people||June 1764 - June 19, 1767||Predatory||Gévaudan, France.||A singular or pair of abnormal wolves killed 113 people. In total there were 210 attacks. 49 people were wounded. The attacks finally stopped after a man named Jean Chastel shot an oversized wolf with unusual coloration. See also Beast of Gévaudan|||
|Nils Nilsson||8||♂||January, 1763||Predatory||Västergötland, Sweden|||
|Antonio Selva||65||♂||August 15, 1747||Rabid||Mottalciata, Northern Italy||Bitten on the head by a rabid wolf.|||
|Margherita Cracco||12||♀||August 26, 1738||Predatory||Salussola, Northern Italy.|||
|Maria Lozia||14||♀||June 29, 1738||Predatory||Salussola, Northern Italy.|||
|Maria Azeglio||12||♀||October 10, 1737||Predatory||Salussola, Northern Italy.|||
|Angela Maria Badone||12||♀||September 4, 1737||Predatory||Massazza, Northern Italy.||Killed while grazing her flock. Her head and a few bones were found a day later.|||
|Caterina Messerano||11||♀||July 5, 1737||Predatory||Benna, Northern Italy.||Killed while grazing her flock near a wood.|||
|Angelica Maria Francesca Baijs||8||♀||October 13, 1736||Predatory||Massazza, Northern Italy.||The victim was picking legumes with other children near her house, when a wolf carried her off into a nearby wood. A man and his son managed to force the wolf to abandon the victim, though she had by then succumbed to deep wounds on her throat.|||
|Anna Caterina Barbero||12||♀||July 11, 1732||Predatory||Salussola, Northern Italy.|||
|Domenica Pozzo||13||♀||Holy Saturday, 1732||Predatory||Zimone, Northern Italy.|||
|Maria Borri Piombin||14||♀||April 27, 1732||Predatory||Benna, Northern Italy.|||
|Anna Maria Ferrero||6||♀||April 14, 1732||Predatory||Roppolo, Northern Italy.|||
|Margherita Noé||6||♀||March 30, 1732||Predatory||Salussola, Northern Italy.||Torn apart by multiple wolves.|||
|Domenica Maria Rodda||4||♀||March 27, 1732||Predatory||Cavaglià, Northern Italy.||Died from bite wounds to the face and belly.|||
|Borta Johansdotter||12||♀||August 3, 1731||Predatory||Dalsland, Sweden|||
|Margherita Garrone||8||♀||1730||Predatory||Cavaglià, Northern Italy.||Killed and partially eaten near her home.|||
|Bartolomeo Perazzone di Zimone||9||♂||September 18, 1729||Predatory||Cavaglià, Northern Italy.||Killed whilst tending his flock. His head and arm were all that remained.|||
|Caterina Cabrio||2||♀||July 10, 1729||Predatory||Cavaglià, Northern Italy.||Partially eaten.|||
|Giuseppe Cabrio||10||♂||July 7, 1729||Predatory||Cavaglià, Northern Italy.|||
|Giovanni Battista Giaretti||12||♂||June 25, 1729||Predatory||Cavaglià, Northern Italy.||Killed whilst tending his flock.|||
|Jon Ersson||9||♂||January 6, 1728||Predatory||Värmland County, Sweden||Likely the same wolf as below.|||
|Jon Svensson||4.5||♂||December 17, 1727||Predatory||Värmland County, Sweden|||
|Two shepherds||Adults||April 29, 1711||Rabid||Ronca, Northern Italy.||Died from rabies after fighting and killing a wolf attacking their flock. The wolf itself came from the woods of Oglio al Tinazzo, and bit over 100 head of livestock throughout the fields of San Lino del Belvedere and San Giovanni a Longe.|||
|Annunciata Maria Almasio||7||♀||September 9, 1705||Predatory||Rebaù, Gorla Maggiore, Northern Italy.||Body found partially eaten.|||
|Maria Campascina||65||♀||August 28, 1705||Predatory||Rebaù, Gorla Maggiore, Northern Italy.||Killed while working in a field.|||
|Anna Maria||9||♀||March, 1705||Predatory||Gorla Maggiore, Northern Italy.||Killed and eaten near her house.|||
|16 people||1704||Predatory||Varesotto, Northern Italy.|||
- Mynet. "Köye inen aç kurt dehşeti: 4 yaralı". Mynet Haber (in Turkish). Retrieved 2017-05-08.
- "Aynı aileden 4 kişiye saldırıp yaralayan kurt kuduz çıktı". Hürriyet (in Turkish). Retrieved 2017-05-08.
- "4 kişiye saldıran kurt kuduz çıktı". Ensonhaber (in Turkish). Retrieved 2017-05-08.
- "Erzurumlu aileye saldıran kurt kuduz çıktı" (in Turkish). Retrieved 2017-05-08.
- "Волк напал на сельчанина и ранил его. Пограничники ликвидировали хищника". Вечерний Бишкек. Retrieved 2017-06-20.
- К-Nеws (2017-03-16). "Пограничники спасли от волка жителя Алайского района". K-News (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-06-20.
- "Житель Алайского района отбился от волка в сарае". Радио Азаттык (Кыргызская служба Радио Свободная Европа/Радио Свобода) (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-06-20.
- "Salyanda sakinlərə hücum edən canavar öldürülüb – FOTO". Oxu.Az (in Azerbaijani). 2017-02-21.
- "Salyanda canavar çobana hücum etdi". Retrieved 2017-03-11.
- "Salyanda sakinlərə hücum edən canavar öldürülüb – FOTO". Salyanda sakinlərə hücum edən canavar öldürülüb – FOTO. Retrieved 2017-03-11.
- "Salyanda sakinlərə hücum edən canavar öldürülüb – FOTO". yarimadaaz.com (in Azerbaijani). Retrieved 2017-03-11.
- "На Чернігівщині прикордонники врятували чоловіка, на якого напав вовк". Державна прикордонна служба України (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-03-25.
- asn.in.ua. "Бешеный волк напал на мужчину в Черниговской области". Retrieved 2017-03-25.
- "На Черниговщине на мужчину напал бешеный волк". ТСН.ua (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-03-25.
- "«Волчий сезон»: На Иссык-Куле стая волков ранним утром напала на человека и загрызла домашний скот (фото)". bulak.kg. Retrieved 2017-06-19.
- Sputnik. "На Иссык-Куле парень чудом остался жив после нападения волка". ru.sputnik.kg (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-06-19.
- КТРК. "На Иссык-Куле волк напал на человека". Общественная Телерадиовещательная корпорация Кыргызской Республики (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-06-19.
- "Wolf kills dog, stalks skier near Smithers, B.C.".
- "Alberta ski hill employee flees wolf pack on snowmobile, prompting Banff to issue a stern warning".
- Danish Khan, Inam (2017-01-01). "Himalayan Wolf Attack of a Twelve-Year-Old Case at High Altitude". Journal of Archives in Military Medicine. InPress (InPress). ISSN 2345-5063. doi:10.5812/jamm.44537.
- "Himalayan Wolf Attack of a Twelve-Year-Old Case at High Altitude (PDF Download Available)". ResearchGate. Retrieved 2017-02-19.
- "خبرگزاری آریا - حمله گرگ ها به مردم سوسنگرد+عکس". www.aryanews.com. Retrieved 2017-06-08.
- http://www.dana.ir/news/968179.html/%d8%ad%d9%85%d9%84%d9%87-%da%af%d8%b1%da%af-%d9%87%d8%a7-%d8%a8%d9%87-%d9%85%d8%b1%d8%af%d9%85-%d8%b3%d9%88%d8%b3%d9%86%da%af%d8%b1%d8%af-%d8%b9%da%a9%d8%b3. Missing or empty
- tnews.ir. "حمله گرگ ها به مردم سوسنگرد+عکس". جستجوگر اخبار تی نیوز tnews.ir (in Persian). Retrieved 2017-06-08.
- Lada.KZ. "В Бейнеуском районе волк напал на рабочего нефтедобывающего месторождения". Новости Актау и Мангистауской области - ЛАДА.kz (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-03-16.
- "Волк напал на рабочего в Мангистауской области". Tengrinews.kz (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-03-16.
- "Новость: Волк напал на рабочего в Мангистауской области". Новости Казахстана (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-03-16.
- "Qozog`istonlik ishchiga bo`ri hujum qildi". Darakchi (in Uzbek). Retrieved 2017-03-16.
- "सियार के हमले से 11 माह के बच्चे की मौत - Navbharat Times". Navbharat Times. 2016-11-24. Retrieved 2016-11-26.
- КАБАР, КНИА. "A wolf attacks a boy near his house in Naryn oblast". Retrieved 2017-02-18.
- "Wolf attacks 11yo boy in Kochkor". akipress.com. Retrieved 2017-02-18.
- "No rabies preliminarily found in wolf following his attack on 11yo boy". akipress.com. Retrieved 2017-02-18.
- "ابوالفضل۴ساله اسیر دندانهای گرگ/حمله حیوان وحشی به ۱۰نفر دریک روز". خبرگزاری مهر | اخبار ایران و جهان | Mehr News Agency (in Persian). 2016-11-07. Retrieved 2017-02-22.
- "حمله 2 گرگ به 10 کودک روستایی در تبریز / پسر جوان برادر 4 ساله اش را از دندانهای گرگ بیرون کشید+تصاویر مجروحان". رکنا (in Persian). Retrieved 2017-02-22.
- "Wolf kills child and injures 2 others in Pakistan | YoNews". yonews.org. Retrieved 2017-03-02.
- "Dailytimes | Wolf kills kid in Khyber Agency". dailytimes.com.pk. Retrieved 2017-03-02.
- "Child Killed, Two Injured In Attack By Wild Animal | Pakistan Point". Pakistan Point. Retrieved 2017-03-02.
- "حمله 2 گرگ به 10 کودک روستایی در تبریز / پسر جوان برادر 4 ساله اش را از دندانهای گرگ بیرون کشید+تصاویر مجروحان". رکنا (in Persian). Retrieved 2017-02-23.
- "گرگ گرسنه در تبریز 10 کودک را مجروح کرد". قدس آنلاین | پایگاه خبری - تحلیلی (in Persian). 2016-11-07. Retrieved 2017-02-23.
- Canmore man says he was attacked by a wolf after cutting through forest
- "Canmore man attacked by wolf after he takes shortcut through forest". 19 November 2016.
- "Contractor mauled by wolf at Cigar Lake mine". CKOM. The Canadian Press. Retrieved 2 September 2016.
- Zareski, Dan (Posted: Aug 30, 2016 7:01 AM CT Last Updated: Aug 30, 2016 7:01 AM CT). "Wolf attack in northern Saskatchewan 3rd in 12 years". CBC News Saskatoon. CBC/Radio-Canada. Retrieved 5 September 2016.
Conservation officers are investigating and the company is educating staff on wildlife interactions, and making sure food is properly disposed of.Check date values in:
- "Воўк, які нападаў на людзей у Рэчыцкім раёне, быў шалёным". charter97.org. Retrieved 2017-03-12.
- "Воўк пакусаў чатырох чалавек у Рэчыцкім раёне: забег у двор, далей — у хату". Наша Ніва (in Belarusian). Retrieved 2017-03-12.
- "ایرنا - حمله گرگ به دو کودک در رزن". www.irna.ir. Retrieved 2017-03-07.
- "حمله گرگ به دو کودک در رزن همدان پیام". www.hamedanpayam.com. Retrieved 2017-03-07.
- "گرگی به دو کودک حمله کرد". اتاق خبر (in Persian). 2016-06-09. Retrieved 2017-03-07.
- "حمله گرگ به دو کودک در رزن". www.tabnakhamadan.ir. Retrieved 2017-03-07.
- sitesi, milliyet.com.tr Türkiye'nin lider haber. "ÇOBAN KURT SALDIRISINA UĞRADI - Ardahan Haberleri". MİLLİYET HABER - TÜRKİYE'NİN HABER SİTESİ. Retrieved 2017-02-27.
- "Çoban Kurt Saldırısına Uğradı". Haberler.com (in Turkish). Retrieved 2017-02-27.
- "Çoban Kurt Saldırısına Uğradı - Ardahan iline bağlı Posof ilçesi". Beyazgazete (in Turkish). Retrieved 2017-02-27.
- "کاسی دلفان » زخمی شدن چهارنفر در جریان حمله گرگ درنده به روستاهای دلفان". kassi.ir. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- سپهر, دلتارايانه. "زخمی شدن چهار نفر درحمله گرگ وحشی به روستاهای دلفان عکس". delfanemrooz.ir. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "ایرنا - گرگ در حمله به روستاهای دلفان چهار نفر را زخمی کرد". www.irna.ir. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "زخمی شدن چهار نفر بر اثر حمله گرگ در شهرستان دلفان". berooznews.net (in Persian). Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "Житель Ингушетии поймал волка голыми руками, защищая своих детей". Life.ru (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-02-20.
- "OTAC HRABROST Golim rukama savladao VUKA da bi odbranio svoju decu". Blic.rs (in Serbian). 2016-04-13. Retrieved 2017-03-22.
- "Rabid wolf injures five people, kills scores of livestocks". www.irna.ir. Retrieved 2017-02-24.
- "حمله یک قلاده گرگ هار در مشگین شهر پنج نفر را راهی بیمارستان کرد+تصاویر – یولپرس | YolPress". yolpress.ir (in Persian). Retrieved 2017-02-24.
- Behnegarsoft.com (2016-04-02). "ایران خبر - حمله یک گرگ هار به پنج نفر در مشکین شهر +تصاویر". پایگاه خبری ایران خبر (in Persian). Retrieved 2017-02-24.
- "پایگاه تحلیلی خبری ایلقار نیوز". ilgarnews.ir. Retrieved 2017-02-24.
- "75-ամյա կինն ինքնուրույն է ազատվել գայլից. գյուղացիները մտահոգված են, առաջին անգամ գայլը հարձակվել է մարդու վրա". news.am (in Armenian). Retrieved 2017-02-10.
- Aysor Panarmenian News ATV (2016-03-21), Խաչիկ գյուղում գայլը հարձակվել է 75-ամյա կնոջ վրա, retrieved 2017-02-10
- NewsamChannel (2016-03-26), Տարեց կինը պատմում է՝ ինչպես է Խաչիկ գյուղում գայլը հարձակվել իր վրա, retrieved 2017-02-10
- "Два жителя Ростовской области пострадали от зубов дикого волка - ИА REGNUM". ИА REGNUM (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-03-25.
- "Бешеный волк напал на двоих жителей донского хутора | ГТРК "Дон-ТР" — DONTR.RU". dontr.ru. Retrieved 2017-03-25.
- "Бешеный волк напал на жительницу Волгодонского района". www.rostov.aif.ru. Retrieved 2017-03-25.
- "پورتال-دانشگاه علوم پزشکی قزوین-صفحه اصلی دانشگاه/نجات جان مصدوم حمله گرگ ها، در مرکز ترومای استان قزوین". www.qums.ac.ir. Retrieved 2017-02-25.
- News, پایگاه خبری تحلیلی فردا | Farda. "نجات مرد جوان پس از حمله گله گرگ ها +عکس". پایگاه خبری تحلیلی فردا | Farda News (in Persian). Retrieved 2017-02-25.
- آفتاب. "نجات مرد جوان پس از حمله گله گرگ ها +عکس". آفتاب (in Persian). Retrieved 2017-02-25.
- "Sulmi i ujkut ndaj bariut, i pazakontë". Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- "Sulmi i ujkut ndaj bariut, i pazakontë". fax.al. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- KosovaPress. "Sulmi i ujkut ndaj bariut në Maqedoni, i pazakontë". Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- ALSAT (2016-01-30), Sulmi i ujkut ndaj bariut, i pazakontë, retrieved 2017-02-11
- "Ujku sulmon një çoban, ai arrinë ta vret me sëpatë (Foto) - Telegrafi". Telegrafi. 2016-01-29. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- "CA-NEWS: "Волчий сезон": Случаи нападения хищников на человека в Нарыне, Оше и Баткене (фото)". ca-news.org. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- ""Волчий сезон": Случаи нападения хищников на человека в Нарыне, Оше и Баткене (фото)". Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- Sputnik. "Волк напал на людей в Нарыне". ru.sputnik.kg (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "В Нарынской области напавшие на людей волки застрелены". Радио Азаттык (Кыргызская служба Радио Свободная Европа/Радио Свобода) (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "Wolves attack people in remote village of Naryn / DEM - Breath of life of Kyrgyzstan". DEM - Breath of life of Kyrgyzstan. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "Weiterleitungshinweis". www.google.de (in German). Retrieved 2017-02-09.
- "В Кадамжайском районе волки напали на жителя и двух его собак (2)". uaport.net (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-02-09.
- "В Кадамжайском районе волки напали на жителя и двух его собак (фото)". www.turmush.kg. Retrieved 2017-02-09.
- "Wolves attack Kadamjai resident and his two dogs". akipress.com. Retrieved 2017-02-09.
- "Mingəçevirdə canavar hücumu: 1 nəfər ağır yaraladı (VİDEO)". www.az.azvision.az. Retrieved 2017-02-13.
- "Mingəçevirdə canavar gənc oğlana hücum edib". Kəpəz Müstəqil Teleradio Şirkəti. Retrieved 2017-02-13.
- "Canavar Mingəçevir sakinini yarımcan etdi - VİDEO". Milli.Az (in Azerbaijani). 2015-11-30. Retrieved 2017-02-14.
- آفتاب. "ادامه حمله گرگها به شهروندان رودباری/ زخمی شدن ۶ نفر طی دو روز". آفتاب (in Persian). Retrieved 2017-03-05.
- "گیلان/ مصدومین گرگ گزیدگی در بیمارستان ولی عصر (عج) رودبار در حال مداوا هستند". وزارت بهداشت درمان و آموزش پزشکی. Retrieved 2017-03-05.
- "مصدومین گرگ گزیدگی در بیمارستان ولی عصر (عج) رودبار در حال مداوا هستند". Retrieved 2017-03-05.
- "مصدومین گرگ گزیدگی در بیمارستان رودبار در حال مداوا هستند". ایسنا. Retrieved 2017-03-05.
- tnews.ir. "حال مصدومان گرگ گزیدگی در رودبار خوب است". جستجوگر اخبار تی نیوز tnews.ir (in Persian). Retrieved 2017-03-05.
- "Ağsuda canavarlar sakinlərə hücum etdi: 2 nəfər ağır yaralı". Retrieved 2017-02-09.
- "В Ростовской области взбесившаяся волчица покусала троих человек | ГБУ РО "Ростовская облСББЖ с ПО"". rostoblvet.ru (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-03-27.
- "Бешеная волчица покусала трех человек в Ростовской области". Retrieved 2017-03-27.
- "В Ростовской области бешеная волчица покусала трех человек". Газета.Ru. Retrieved 2017-03-27.
- "В Ростовской области взбесившаяся волчица покусала троих человек" (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-03-27.
- Draper, Jon. "Wisconsin Deer Hunter Fends off Wolves with Walther PK .380". AmericanHunter.org. Retrieved 2 October 2015.
- "حمله گرگ به دو كودک در رزن/امكانات مهار گرگ ها کافی نیست". خبرگزاری مهر | اخبار ایران و جهان | Mehr News Agency (in Persian). 2015-07-09. Retrieved 2017-02-23.
- "حمله گرگ به کودکان روستاهای اطراف رزن (+عکس)". www.hakimemehr.ir. Retrieved 2017-02-23.
- Camiye Giden Köylülere Kurt Saldırdı: 2 Yaralı (in Turkish), retrieved 2017-02-10
- Yoga Türkei (2015-06-21), Camiye Giden Köylülere Kurt Saldırdı 2 Yaralı, retrieved 2017-02-10
- "12-yr-old, man injured in wolf attack". Deccan Herald. Retrieved 2017-02-06.
- "Five treated for wolf bites in northern Israel". The Times of Israel. Retrieved 2017-06-22.
- Shpigel, Noa (2015-05-09). "Wolf Bites Six Hikers in Golan Heights". Haaretz. Retrieved 2017-06-22.
- "Rangers find dead rabid wolf in the Golan Heights". The Times of Israel. Retrieved 2017-06-22.
- "УВД Гомельского облисполкома". www.uvd.gomel.by. Retrieved 2017-03-17.
- "У Хойніцкім раёне міліцыянеры застрэлілі ваўка, які напаў на вёску". Навіны Беларусі | euroradio.fm (in Belarusian). Retrieved 2017-03-17.
- "БелаПАН. У Хойніцкім раёне на вяскоўцаў напаў воўк, драпежніка забілі міліцыянеры". by.belapan.by. Retrieved 2017-03-17.
- Connor, Laura (2015-04-07). "Pensioner eaten by a WOLF just 50 meters from home". mirror. Retrieved 2017-02-06.
- Doherty, Ruth; Doherty, Ruth. "Woman eaten by wolf 50 metres away from her house". AOL Travel UK. Retrieved 2017-02-18.
- Connor, Laura (2015-04-07). "Pensioner eaten by a WOLF just 50 meters from home". mirror. Retrieved 2017-02-18.
- "قطيع من الذئاب يهاجم قرية جنوب شرق العمارة ويخلف ستة مصابين | الشارع العراقي". www.alsumaria.tv (in Arabic). Retrieved 2017-02-12.
- "قطعان الذئاب تجدد هجماتها المفاجئة على قرية الطليعة في ميسان | Iraq Press Agency العراق وكالة الصحافة". www.iraqpressagency.com (in Arabic). Retrieved 2017-02-12.
- احمد محمد الزبيدي (2015-04-07), هجوم قطيع من الذئاب على قرية الطليعة في ميسان يخلف عدد من الجرحىA herd of wolves on the village vang, retrieved 2017-02-12
- "Գայլը հարձակվել է գյուղացիների վրա. Նրանք հիվանդանոցում են (լրացված)". news.am (in Armenian). Retrieved 2017-02-18.
- LLC, Helix Consulting. "Չիվա գյուղում գայլը հարձակվել է սիբեխ հավաքող կանանց վրա". www.panorama.am. Retrieved 2017-02-18.
- "Գայլը հարձակվել է գյուղացիների վրա". www.irates.am. Retrieved 2017-02-18.
- ArmeniaTV News (2015-03-30), ԳԱՅԼ ԱՌ ԳԱՅԼ. Կիրակնօրյա Ժամը՝ 29.03.2015, retrieved 2017-02-18
- "Rabid wolf chases 2 Labrador families on snowmobile trip". CBC News Newfoundland and Labrador. CBC. 30 January 2015. Retrieved 1 February 2015.
The animal began to charge at them, and started attacking the skis on their snowmobiles. "There was nowhere you could put your kids safe enough or get away fast enough because he was right behind you," said Sexton. "He came directly at the Ski-Doo, right for us, showing his teeth." She said the wolf began lunging at both snowmobiles, standing up on its hind legs near the children. Michelle Sexton family Michelle Sexton feared for the safety of her children during Sunday's encounter with a rabid wolf while they were snowmobiling in Labrador. (Sexton family) "I screamed in my helmet, but no one could hear me," Patey said. When she tried to get her family away from the animal, she flipped her snowmobile. "When I turned to look back, the wolf was right behind me. "I put my hand out to stop it from coming to me and at the same time, I hit my gas and I lost control of my snow machine again. I didn't stop, and in my head all I could think of was Jena, Jena, Jena, my daughter."
- "Нападение волка на людей в Светлогорском районе: пострадали три человека, напугана вся деревня". НОВОСТИ. Retrieved 2017-02-16.
- "Волк против Медведов: как в Светлогорском районе сельчане отбивались от дикого зверя". TUT.BY (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-02-16.
- CTVBY (2015-01-21), CTV.BY: Новости "24 часа" за 19.30 21.01.2015, retrieved 2017-02-16
- "Medvedev Belarus - Stad.com". www.stad.com. Retrieved 2017-02-16.
- "Шығыс Қазақстан облысындағы ауыл тұрғындарына қасқыр шапты". kaztv.old3.kaztrk.kz. Retrieved 2017-02-19.
- "Шығыс Қазақстан облысындағы ауыл тұрғындарына қасқыр шапты". newsvideo.su. Retrieved 2017-02-19.
- "В Ак-Талинском районе местный житель М.Омуракунов около получаса боролся с волком, после чего вместе со знакомым принес его живым в село (фото)". KPRESS - Смотри первым!. Retrieved 2017-02-07.
- "Волк напал на людей в Ростовской области". Life.ru (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-03-27.
- "В Каменском районе волк напал на людей, трое пострадали". vesti.ru. Retrieved 2017-03-27.
- "Волк напал на жителей хутора в Ростовской области. Три человека оказались в больнице" (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-03-27.
- "Школьник убил волка стременами для лошади « Сайт газеты Для Вас". dv.kg (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-04-10.
- "В Ат-Башинском районе школьник убил волка, использовав стремена для лошади (фото)". Retrieved 2017-04-10.
- "Azərbaycanda canavar evə hücum edib - YENİLƏNİB - VİDEO - FOTO". Milli.Az (in Azerbaijani). 2014-10-29. Retrieved 2017-03-22.
- IT, APA. "Ağdamda canavar evə hücum edib - FOTOSESSİYA - VİDEO" (in Azerbaijani). Retrieved 2017-03-22.
- "Ağdamda canavar evə soxulmaq istəyib | Mediainfo.az". Mediainfo.az. Retrieved 2017-03-22.
- "Cəlilabadda canavar hücumu - biri hamilə qadın, dörd nəfər hücuma məruz qaldı". APA.TV (in Azerbaijani). Retrieved 2017-02-14.
- APA TV (2014-10-27), Cəlilabadda canavar hücumu - biri hamilə qadın, dörd nəfər hücuma məruz qaldı, retrieved 2017-02-14
- "Panika u Drnišu: 'Zaskočio me vuk iz grma i htio me rastrgati'" (in Croatian). Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- Dnevno (2014-09-26). "Drnišanku napao vuk: 'Uhvatio me za ruku i počeo nezaustavljivo gristi' (FOTO)". NAJNOVIJE VIJESTI. Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- županije, ŠibenikIN - najčitaniji portal Šibensko-kninske. "FOTO Policija potvrdila: Istina je, žena nam je prijavila da je usred Drniša ugrizao vuk". m.sibenik.in. Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- India, Press Trust of (2014-09-27). "Six injured in wolf attack". Business Standard India. Retrieved 2017-05-02.
- "Wolf menace: Tension prevails in Muzaffarnagar as 11 injured in two days". archive.news18.com. Retrieved 2017-05-02.
- India, Press Trust of (2014-09-26). "Five injured in wolf attack". Business Standard India. Retrieved 2017-05-02.
- "Animal attack: Five injured in wolf attack in UP". mid-day. Retrieved 2017-05-02.
- "KURT SALDIRISINA UĞRAYAN 6 KİŞİ ÜNİVERSİTEDE TEDAVİ ALTINA ALINDI
| Egemen Gazetesi Gerçeklerin Sesi". www.egemengazetesi.com. Retrieved 2017-02-08. C1 control character in
|title=at position 66 (help)
- "Wolves attack Chinese villagers defending their sheep in Xinjiang". Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-02-06.
- "Ravenous wolves attack remote village in western China | The Times". The Times. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- "[国际新闻] 新疆狼群夜袭击村庄 6人受伤 | Penang Lang". www.penanglang.my. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- "Wolf attack on Xinjiang village leaves six injured". South China Morning Post. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- "Adıyaman'da kurt dehşeti: 2 yaralı - Dünya Bülteni". Dünya Bülteni. Retrieved 2017-02-09.
- "Kurtlar çobanları yaraladı! haberi - haber318, Kırıkkale haber haberleri, Kırıkkale haberler haber haberleri". www.haber318.net (in Turkish). Retrieved 2017-02-08.
- www.bandirmamanset.com. "Kapıdağ, Kurt tehdidi altında mı ?". www.bandirmamanset.com. Retrieved 2017-02-15.
- %>, <%= this.DOMAIN. "Bandırma Manşet - Bandırma`nın Anlık Siyasi, Aktüel, Tarafsız Yayın Organı". www.bandirmamanset.com. Retrieved 2017-02-15.
- "Бешеный волк в Якутии напал на человека в районе рудника Удачный. Гуманные капканы бесполезны утверждают руководители Охотнадзора Якутии". Retrieved 2017-03-24.
- "Бешеный волк покусал мужчину в Мирнинском районе". News.Ykt.Ru. Retrieved 2017-03-24.
- "Köylülere Saldıran Kurt Kuduz Çıktı". Ada Basını Gazetesi | Kıbrıs Haber (in Turkish). Retrieved 2017-05-13.
- "Kurtlar köylülere saldırdı". Retrieved 2017-05-13.
- "Aç kalan kurtlar köye indi, 4 vatandaşı yaraladı". http://www.aksaray68haber.com.tr (in Turkish). Retrieved 2017-05-13. External link in
- "مجروح شدن 8 نفر و تلفات تعدادی دام اهلی در پی حمله گرگ در مشگین شهر | دیده بان محیط زیست و حیات وحش ایراندیده بان محیط زیست و حیات وحش ایران". Retrieved 2017-02-28.
- "گروه زیست محیطی یاشیل میشو :: مجروح شدن ۸ نفر و تلفات تعدادی دام اهلی در پی حمله گرگ در مشگین شهر". yashilmisho.com (in Persian). Retrieved 2017-02-28.
- جم, Jamejam, جام. "حمله گرگ در مشگینشهر 7 نفر را مجروح کرد". Jamejam Online (in Persian). Retrieved 2017-02-28.
- YJC, خبرگزاری باشگاه خبرنگاران | آخرین اخبار ایران و جهان |. "حمله گرگ به روستاییان مشگین شهر + فیلم". خبرگزاری باشگاه خبرنگاران | آخرین اخبار ایران و جهان | YJC (in Persian). Retrieved 2017-02-28.
- "Գայլերը հարձակվել են ու վնասել մարդկանց". haynews.am. Retrieved 2017-02-12.
- "How her dog died saving her from a pack of wolves".
- "Farsnews Agency".
- "گرگ گرسنه ۸ نفر را در اشتهارد زخمی کرد". دانشنامه سرّ (in Persian). Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- جم, Jamejam, جام. "گرگ گرسنه 8 نفر را در اشتهارد زخمی کرد". Jamejam Online (in Persian). Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- "74 yaşındaki adam kurt saldırısına uğradı Haberi - BİNGÖL 07 Ekim 2013 Pazartesi Son Dakika Haberleri". www.ilkehaberajansi.com.tr. Retrieved 2017-02-10.
- ilke Haber ajansı (2013-10-08), 07 10 2013 BİNGÖL 74 yaşındaki adam kurt saldırısına uğradı, retrieved 2017-02-10
- "Kazakhstan: Wolf v ex-police officer". BBC News. 2013-09-05. Retrieved 2017-03-28.
- "Мужчина голыми руками задушил напавшего на него волка в Казахстане". Новости Mail.Ru (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-03-28.
- "Kazakh Man 'Kills Wolf with Bare Hands'". Retrieved 2017-03-28.
- "Мужчина голыми руками задушил напавшего на него волка". news.am (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-03-28.
- Rosenbaum, Sophia (August 28, 2013). "Teen survives first known wolf attack in Minnesota". NBC News. Retrieved 18 November 2013.
Noah Graham, 16, of Solway, Minn. was camping with friends from church near Lake Winnibigoshish when, while talking to his girlfriend at 4:30 a.m. Saturday, a wolf pounced and bit him in the head.
- Spring, Joe (January 6, 2014). "When Wolves Attack". OUTSIDE ONLINE. Mariah Media. Retrieved 23 February 2014.
- Smith, Mary L. (27 September 2013). "Deformed wolf that bit Minnesota teen had brain damage". Star Tribune. Retrieved 10 July 2015.
- Wolf Mauls 7-Yr Old Boy in Kreeri, Greater Kashmir, July 13, 2013
- Landers, Rich (July 11, 2013). "Idaho Bicyclist Rescued from Pursuing Wolf". Missoulian Spokesman-Review. Retrieved 17 August 2015.
- (in Turkish) Erzurum'da kurt dehşeti: 1 ölü, 4 yaralı, Hürriyet, June 12, 2013
- "Erzurum'da kurt dehşeti - Son Dakika Güncel Haberleri | STAR". Star.com.tr (in Turkish). Retrieved 2017-02-09.
- "Muş'ta kurt dehşeti: 5 yaralı". Retrieved 2017-02-09.
- "Attacked by wolf, Manitoba woman drives to hospital".
- sitesi, milliyet.com.tr Türkiye'nin lider haber. "Kurdun kulağını ısırarak arkadaşını kurtardı". MÝLLÝYET HABER - TÜRKÝYE'NÝN HABER SÝTESÝ. Retrieved 2017-02-10.
- (in Tajik) Як сокини солхӯрдаи Рӯшон ҳадафи ҳамлаи гургон қарор гирифт, Pадиои Озодӣ, February 5, 2013
- Mowry, Tim (December 17, 2012). "Wolf Attacks Trapper on Snowmachine Near Tok". Fairbanks Daily News-Miner. Fairbanks, Alaska. Retrieved 1 August 2015.
- ""Экспресс К" — ежедневная общественно-политическая республиканская газета". old.express-k.kz. Retrieved 2017-03-31.
- "Корова спасла своего хозяина от волка". Правда.Ру (in Russian). 2012-12-07. Retrieved 2017-03-31.
- "В Казахстане корова спасла хозяина от волка | Факти". ФАКТИ. 2012-12-07. Retrieved 2017-03-31.
- "В Казахстане корова спасла хозяина от волка". Retrieved 2017-03-31.
- "Aishat Maksudova, Russian Woman, Kills Wolf With Ax During Attack (PHOTOS)". The Huffington Post. 13 November 2012.
- "Woman kills attacking wolf with ax". NY Daily News. 2012-11-13. Retrieved 2016-09-15.
- "Kulu'da Kadını Parçalayan Kurt Kuduz Çıktı !". http://www.konyahaberler.com/ (in Turkish). Retrieved 2017-02-10. External link in
- Wolf kills Iraqi boy in palm grove, AFP, September 24, 2012
- Wolves kill kid in Gulbarga village, The Times of India, August 25, 2012
- (in Russian) Волчья стая загрызла в Грузии 60-летнего мужчину, Интерфақс.ру, July 10, 2012
- (in Russian) Под Одессой волки съели двухлетнего ребенка, Комольская Правда в Украине, August 1, 2012
- (in Russian) Волк покусал молодого человека в Восточной Грузии - СМИ, Новости Грузия.ру, February 10, 2012
- Swedish teenage girl hurt in freak wolf attack, The Local, May 9, 2012
- Woman killed by pack of wolves in Swedish zoo, The Local, June 17, 2012
- Zoo cuts off contact with wolves after fatal attack, The Local, June 18, 2012
- Expert slams zoo after new wolf attack details, The Local, June 19, 2012
- "Wolf Hunted down after Killing 2 People in Shandong". english.cri.cn. March 20, 2012.
- "Wolf killed after attacks on humans in E China". China Daily. March 20, 2012.
- Wolves Caught & Shot Dead by Chinese Police After Attacks, ChinaSmack, March 27, 2012
- "Արմավիրի մարզում գայլը հարձակվել է երիտասարդի վրա (Տեսանյութ)". Առավոտ - Նորություններ Հայաստանից. Retrieved 2017-03-09.
- Aravot Daily (2012-03-19), Արմավիրի մարզում գայլը հարձակվել է երիտասարդի վրա, retrieved 2017-03-09
- "Woman bowhunter glad to have .44 mag when wolf came".
- "Kütahya'da kurt saldırısı: 1 ölü". Sabah. Retrieved 2017-02-13.
- "Kurt can aldı - Gündem Haberleri - MİLLİYET". m.milliyet.com.tr. Retrieved 2017-02-13.
- "Wolf attacks two women in Turkey, 1 dies". news.am. Retrieved 2017-02-13.
- "В Западно-Казахстанской области волки начали нападать на людей | Новости | КТК". Retrieved 2017-02-17.
- "В Западно-Казахстанской области волки начали нападать на людей". Zakon.kz (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-02-17.
- "Idaho Woman Encounters Wolves In Her Driveway".
- "حمله گرگ گرسنه به مادر و کودکی در استان همدان". خبرگزاری مهر | اخبار ایران و جهان | Mehr News Agency (in Persian). 2010-10-25. Retrieved 2017-03-09.
- جهان|TABNAK, سایت خبری تحلیلی تابناك|اخبار ایران و. "حمله گرگ گرسنه به مادر و کودک همدانی". سایت خبری تحلیلی تابناك|اخبار ایران و جهان|TABNAK (in Persian). Retrieved 2017-03-09.
- "حمله گرگ گرسنه به مادر و کودک همدانی". www.asriran.com. Retrieved 2017-03-09.
- "گرگ گرسنه و مادر و کودک همدانی". آلامتو (in Persian). 1389-08-04. Retrieved 2017-03-09. Check date values in:
- "Молодая женщина из Ак-Талинского района защитила свою дочь от волка - Новости Кыргызстана". Retrieved 2017-05-31.
- "Молодая женщина из Ак-Талинского района защитила свою дочь от волка". kg.akipress.org. Retrieved 2017-05-31.
- "Молодая женщина из Ак-Талинского района защитила свою дочь от волка". 2010-10-22. Retrieved 2017-05-31.
- "В Брянской области обезвредили волка-убийцу". vbryanske.com (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-06-11.
- 1nnc.net. "Волк-людоед уничтожен охотниками под Брянском | 1NNC". 1nnc.net (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-06-11.
- Кнутова, Ольга. "Роспотребнадзор запретил мясо в меню детсадов". Life.ru (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-06-11.
- "Tunceli'de Köye İnen Kurt 3 Kişiyi Yaraladı - Tunceli". Haberciniz.biz (in Turkish). Retrieved 2017-02-06.
- sitesi, milliyet.com.tr Türkiye'nin lider haber. "Pülümür’de köye inen kurt 3 kişiyi yaraladı- Arşiv". MÝLLÝYET HABER - TÜRKÝYE'NÝN HABER SÝTESÝ. Retrieved 2017-02-09.
- Butler, L., B. Dale, K. Beckmen, and S. Farley. 2011.Findings Related to the March 2010 Fatal Wolf Attack near Chignik Lake, Alaska. Wildlife Special Publication, ADF&G/DWC/WSP-2011-2. Palmer, Alaska.
- M.K.S./HINA. "Vukovi napali stado krava, pastir ozlijeđen". Vijesti.hr (in Croatian). Retrieved 2017-03-14.
- "Pastir obranio stado krava od vukova pa završio na policiji". Večernji.hr (in Croatian). Retrieved 2017-03-14.
- "Spasio stado od vukova pa će ga protjerati iz države" (in Croatian). Retrieved 2017-03-14.
- Halpin, James (18 September 2009). "Rabid WolfAttacks Hunter in Southwest Alaska". Alaska Dispatch News. Anchorage. Retrieved 31 July 2015.
- Bedwell, Helena (February 21, 2009). "Wolf pack kills woman: Georgian villagers armed for self-defence". Bloomberg. Retrieved October 26, 2011.
- "Галина Соляник - Фото УНИАН". photo.unian.net. Retrieved 2017-02-16.
- "Волк искусал трех женщин в Донецкой области". podrobnosti. 2008-02-12. Retrieved 2017-02-16.
- "PressReader.com - Connecting People Through News". www.pressreader.com. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- softsignals (2007-12-27), Wolf Attack in Fort Nelson B.C., retrieved 2017-02-11
- "‘These wolves were hungry, and we were handy’: Dad in wolf attack responds to skeptics". The Province. 2007-12-28. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- KTVA11 (2007-12-20), Wolves become increasingly violent towards humans, pets, retrieved 2017-02-11
- "Brazen wolf pack attacks dogs, circles joggers near Anchorage". The Seattle Times. 2007-12-22. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- "Казахстанский чабан разорвал пасть волку". Retrieved 2017-03-28.
- "Казахстанский чабан разорвал пасть волку". Обозреватель. Retrieved 2017-03-28.
- Gazeta.ua (2007-04-24). "Чабан разорвал пасть волку". Gazeta.ua (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-03-28.
- AP (13 July 2006). "Anchorage Woman Attacked by Wolf". JuneauEmpire.com. Associated Press. Retrieved 1 August 2015.
- McNay, M. E. 2007. A Review of Evidence and Findings Related to the Death of Kenton Carnegie on 8 November 2005 Near Points North, Saskatchewan. Alaska Department of Fish and Game, Fairbanks, Alaska.
- "Ontario man killed in wolf attack, coroner's jury finds". CBC News. Retrieved 2017-03-04.
- Afghan Wolf Attacks, Wolf Song of Alaska (June 25, 2011)
- Blua, Antoine (March 15, 2005). "Central Asia: Cohabitation Of Wolves, Humans Proves Difficult". Radio Free Europe Radio Liberty. Retrieved October 26, 2011.
- "Homeless man eaten by wolves in Iran". Iran Focus. January 4, 2005. Retrieved October 26, 2011.
- "Wolf attacks Saskatchewan man".
- "Northern miner".
- "Wolf, A Symbol Of Troubled Times". Leonid Barkov. Wolf Song of Alaska. Retrieved 2007-10-06.
- "Wolf attacked in Balampur area - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2017-04-27.
- "Local News | Camper wakes up as wolf attacks | Seattle Times Newspaper". community.seattletimes.nwsource.com. Retrieved 2017-03-19.
- "Wolf attack has science community mystified". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 2017-03-19.
- davesflix (2007-12-18), Wolf Attack on Vargas Island, retrieved 2017-03-19
- McNay, Mark E. and Philip W. Mooney. 2005. Attempted predation of a child by a Gray Wolf, Canis lupus, near Icy Bay, Alaska. Canadian Field-Naturalist 119(2): 197-201.
- "Google Groups".
- "Google Groups".
- Gregg Metcalf. "*Gospel-driven Disciples: W is for Willie".
- Burns, John F. (2011). "India Fighting Plague Of Man-Eating Wolves". Wolf Song of Alaska. Retrieved October 26, 2011.
- "Congressional Record". www.congress.gov. Retrieved 2017-03-20.
- "Ryan's Well. Night of the wolf. Face to face with a grizzly". www.readabstracts.com. Retrieved 2017-03-20.
- Wyman, Matt (2012-11-14). "Red Wolf Awareness: #10 - Historical Wolf Research - Part Two". Red Wolf Awareness. Retrieved 2017-03-20.
- Jhala, Y.V. and D.K. Sharma. 1997. Child-lifting by wolves in eastern Uttar Pradesh, India. Journal of Wildlife Research 2(2):94–101
- Kruuk, Hans (2002), Hunter and Hunted: Relationships between Carnivores and People, Cambridge University Press, pp. 69-70, ISBN 0-521-89109-4.
- Graves 2007, p. 93
- Rajpurohit, K.S. 1999. Child lifting: Wolves in Hazaribagh, India. Ambio 28(2):162-166
- "Boy, 5, bitten by captive wolf, is still critical". Paragraph Ten: postbulletin.com. 4 July 1989. Retrieved 23 February 2014.
A tied-up wolf on June 5 attacked and killed Alyshia Berczyk, 3, of Big Lake, in the back yard of her father's home near Forest Lake. The girl suffered mostly scratches and cuts, but she is believed to have suffered massive liver damage after being slammed to the ground.
- Singh, Ajay (2000), The Man-Eating Wolves of Ashta, Srishti Publishers & Distributors, ISBN 81-87075-49-X
- Graves 2007, p. 192
- Linnell 2002, p. 17
- Graves 2007, p. 100
- Linnell 2002, p. 22
- Linnell 2002, p. 25
- Usha Shah and G. S. Jaswal. "Victims of a Rabid Wolf in India: Effect of Severity and Location of Bites on Development of Rabies". The Journal of Infectious Diseases. Vol. 134, No. 1 (Jul., 1976), pp. 25-29
- Linnell 2002, p. 28
- Linnell 2002, pp. 22–23
- Graves 2007, p. 91
- Graves 2007, p. 90
- Heptner & Naumov 1998, p. 268
- Graves 2007, p. 181
- Graves 2007, p. 89
- Linnell, John D. C.; Reidar Andersen; Zanete Andersone; Linas Balciauskas; Juan Carlos Blanco; Luigi Boitani; Scott Brainerd; Urs Breitenmoser; Ilpo Kojola; Olof Liberg; Jonny Loe; Henryk Okarma; Hans C. Pedersen; Hakan Sand; Erling Solberg; Harri Valdmann; Peter Wabakken (January 2002). "The Fear of Wolves: A review of wolf attacks on humans". Digital Commons. p. 30. Retrieved 16 August 2016.
- Linnell, John D. C.; Reidar Andersen; Zanete Andersone; Linas Balciauskas; Juan Carlos Blanco; Luigi Boitani; Scott Brainerd; Urs Breitenmoser; Ilpo Kojola; Olof Liberg; Jonny Loe; Henryk Okarma; Hans C. Pedersen; Hakan Sand; Erling Solberg; Harri Valdmann; Peter Wabakken (January 2002). "The Fear of Wolves: A review of wolf attacks on humans". Digital Commons. p. 30. Retrieved 16 August 2016.
- Graves 2007, p. 95
- Linnell 2002, pp. 21–22
- Graves 2007, p. 174
- "Ravening Wolves Devour Canadian Hunters; Leave Only Bloodstained Snow". The Weekly Journal-Miner. Associated Press. 27 December 1922. p. 1. Retrieved 8 April 2015.
- "The Calgary Daily Herald - Google News Archive Search".
- Moriceau 2008, p. 591
- Graves 2007, p. 186
- Linnel, John D.C. (2003). "Is the fear of wolves justified? A Fennoscandian perspective" (PDF). Acta Zoologica Lituanica. 13 (1). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-05-29.
- Graves 2007, p. 88
- Linnell 2002, pp. 23–24
- (in German) Kossendei: Bericht über die letzten Stunden und den Tod des von einem tollen Wolfe schwer verletzten und in Folge dieser Verletzungen an der Wasserscheu verstorbenen Landsmannes im Bisthume Ermland in Ostpreußen J. Fuge. In: Preußische Provinzial-Blätter. Band 1, Königsberg 1829, p. 449–462.
- Graves 2007, p. 96
- Moriceau 2008, p. 590
- Moriceau 2008, p. 589
- Moriceau 2008, p. 588
- Moriceau 2008, p. 587
- Moriceau 2008, p. 586
- (in Italian) Oriani, A. & Comincini, M. Morti causate dal lupo in Lombardia e nel Piemonte Orientale nel XVIII secolo, in atti del Seminario “Vivere la morte nel Settecento”, Santa Margherita Ligure 30 settembre - 2 ottobre 2002
- Moriceau 2008, p. 585
- Moriceau 2008, p. 584
- The fear of Wolves: A review of wolf attacks on humans. 2002. ISBN 8242612927.
- Pourcher, Abbe Pierre; Brockis, Derek (2006). The Beast of Gevaudan. AuthorHouse. ISBN 9781420872484.
- Graves, Will (2007). Wolves in Russia: Anxiety throughout the ages. Detselig Enterprises. ISBN 1-55059-332-3.
- Heptner, V. G.; Naumov, N. P. (1998). Mammals of the Soviet Union Vol.II Part 1a, SIRENIA AND CARNIVORA (Sea cows; Wolves and Bears). Science Publishers, Inc. USA. ISBN 1-886106-81-9.
- Linnell, J.D.C. (2002). The Fear of Wolves: A Review of Wolf Attacks on Humans (PDF). NINA. ISBN 82-426-1292-7.
- Lopez, Barry H. (1978). Of Wolves and Men. J. M. Dent and Sons Limited. ISBN 0-7432-4936-4.
- Marvin, Garry (2012). Wolf. Reaktion Books Ldt. ISBN 978-1-86189-879-1.
- Mech, L. David (1981). The Wolf: The Ecology and Behaviour of an Endangered Species. University of Minnesota Press. ISBN 0-8166-1026-6.
- Mech, L. David; Boitani, Luigi (2003). Wolves: Behaviour, Ecology and Conservation. University of Chicago Press. ISBN 0-226-51696-2.
- Moriceau, Jean-Marc (2008). Histoire du méchant loup : 3 000 attaques sur l'homme en France (in French). Fayard. ISBN 978-2-213-62880-6.