List of female judges of the Supreme Court of India
The first female justice in the court was Fathima Beevi appointed on 6 October 1989. There have been 7 more female justices in the court since then. Presently there are 3 sitting female judges out of the total 25 judges (including Chief Justice) in the court namely R. Banumathi, Indu Malhotra and Indira Banerjee.
List of Judges in chronology
|S. No.||Name||Date of appointment||Date of retirement||Position before being appointed
as Judge of Supreme Court
|1||Fathima Beevi||6 October 1989||29 April 1992||judge of Kerala High Court||first female judge of Supreme Court|
|2||Sujata V. Manohar||8 November 1994||27 August 1999||Chief Justice of Kerala High Court|
|3||Ruma Pal||28 January 2000||2 June 2006||judge of Calcutta High Court||longest-serving female judge of Supreme Court|
|4||Gyan Sudha Misra||30 April 2010||27 April 2014||Chief Justice of Jharkhand High Court|
|5||Ranjana Prakash Desai||13 September 2011||29 October 2014||judge of Bombay High Court|
|6||R. Banumathi||13 August 2014||19 July 2020||Chief Justice of Jharkhand High Court||incumbent|
|7||Indu Malhotra||27 April 2018||13 March 2021||Member of the High Level Committee (HLC) in the Ministry of Law and Justice||incumbent|
|8||Indira Banerjee||7 August 2018||23 September 2022||Chief Justice of the Madras High Court||incumbent|
- List of Chief Justices of India
- List of sitting judges of the Supreme Court of India
- List of former judges of the Supreme Court of India
- List of first women lawyers and judges in Asia
- "In A First, Supreme Court Has Three Sitting Woman Judges Today | Live Law". Live Law. 2018-08-07. Retrieved 2018-09-09.
- "Indu Malhotra: India's supreme court is getting its seventh female judge in nearly 70 years — Quartz India". qz.com. Retrieved 2018-09-09.
- "In 70th Year of Independence, India's Supreme Court to Get Seventh Woman Judge". The Wire. Retrieved 27 April 2018.