List of fictional ducks
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- 1 Ducks in animation
- 2 Ducks in comics
- 3 Live or costume ducks on television and film
- 4 Ducks in literature and song
- 5 Duck mascots
- 6 Ducks in video games
- 7 Ducks in other media
- 8 References
Ducks in animation
Main article: List of fictional ducks in animation
Residents of the Donald Duck universe
Main article: List of Donald Duck universe characters
- Andold Wild Duck, Brigitta MacBridge, Fenton Crackshell, Moby Duck, and Launchpad McQuack - supporting character ducks from Donald Duck's Duck universe.
- Angus McDuck, Dingus McDuck, Downy O'Drake, Fergus McDuck, Hortense McDuck, Hugh McDuck, Jake McDuck, Malcolm McDuck, Matilda McDuck, Molly Mallard, Pah-Peh-Rheo, Quagmire McDuck, Sir Eider McDuck, Sir Quackly McDuck, Sir Roast McDuck, Sir Stuft McDuck, and Sir Swamphole McDuck - duck members of Clan McDuck, Donald Duck and Scrooge McDuck's family and ancestry
- April, May and June Duck, Daphne Duck, Della Duck, Eider Duck, Fethry Duck, Gladstone Gander, Grandma Duck, Humperdink Duck, Pintail Duck, and Quackmore Duck - duck members of Donald Duck's family and ancestry
- Mrs. Beakley, Bubba the Caveduck, Doofus Drake, Gandra Dee, and Webby Vanderquack - ducks from the animated show Ducktales
- Bushroot, NegaDuck I and II, Quackerjack, Stegmutt - Duck villains from the Darkwing Duck spinoff
- Daisy Duck - Donald Duck's female counterpart.
- Darkwing Duck/Drake Mallard - Main character and hero of the Darkwing Duck spinoff
- Donald Duck - A cartoon duck created by Disney in 1934. Known as Paperinik in Disney's PKNA and as Maui Mallard in Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow.
- Flintheart Glomgold - one of the main duck rivals of Scrooge McDuck.
- Gosalyn Mallard and Morgana Macawber - Secondary heroes and supporting character ducks from the Darkwing Duck spinoff
- Huey, Dewey, and Louie and their lost brother Phooey Duck - the nephews of Donald Duck
- John D. Rockerduck - an antagonist duck from Donald Duck's Duck universe.
- Ludwig Von Drake, Donald Duck's scientist uncle
- Magica De Spell - a duck witch who is one of Scrooge McDuck's main antagonists.
- Scrooge McDuck - A cartoon duck created by Disney in 1947 as Donald Duck's miserly uncle.
Other Disney duck characters
- Canard Thunderbeak, Check "Grin" Hardwing, Duke L'Orange, Mallory McMallard, Nosedive Flashblade, Tanya Vanderflock, Wildwing Flashblade - The Mighty Ducks: superhero ducks from Disney's The Mighty Ducks
- Everett Ducklair - A main character duck from PKNA
- Flick Duck, from the TV show PB&J Otter
- Stephan Vladuck/Camera 9 and Urk - minor duck characters from PKNA
Warner Bros. ducks
- Daffy Duck / Duck Dodgers - One of the main Looney Tunes characters and his alias from the Duck Dodgers spin-off series.
- Mrs. Daffy Duck (Daphne Duck) - Daffy's dominant wife, known as Daphne Duck in two cartoons.
- Danger Duck - Daffy's descendant from Loonatics Unleashed.
- Melissa Duck - Daffy's girlfriend from the original cartoons and a main character in the Baby Looney Tunes series.
- Plucky Duck (from Tiny Toon Adventures) - A character inspired by Daffy Duck.
- Danford Drake and Margo Mallard (from Tiny Toon Adventures) - Two students of the Perfecto Preps.
- Tina Russo (from The Looney Tunes Show) - Daffy's girlfriend.
Other cartoon ducks
Ducks in comics
- Gooseberry Sprig the duck duke, comic-strip character created by George Herriman, later appeared in Herriman's Krazy Kat
- Mock Duck, a fowl of Chinese descent who resembles a coolie and operates a cleaning establishment
- Mrs. Katalpa Kwakk Wakk, a duck in a pillbox hat, is a scold who frequently notices Ignatz in the course of his plotting and then informs Officer Pupp.
- Anduck Duckanan, an occasional character in the Thai comic series Apaimanee Saga.
- Arne Anka, protagonist of Swedish comic strip Arne Anka drawn by Charlie Christensen.
- Arthur, from Sheldon.
- Choo Choo Curtis, postal carrier in Pogo.
- Conardo, protagonist of Inspector Canardo
- Deputy Duck, a duck police in Slylock Fox.
- Dirty Duck, a fictional character created by underground comix artist Bobby London.
- Doctor Quack from Sonic the Hedgehog, a duck who works at the Tommy Turtle Memorial Hospital. He has a wife and kids.
- Guard Duck, from Stephan Pastis' Pearls Before Swine.
- Doodles Duck and his nephew Lemuel (DC Comics)
- Fifi the Duck, character in the Marvel Comics universe.
- Howard the Duck, character in the Marvel Comics universe.
- Karoo - In the anime and manga series One Piece, Princess Nefertari Vivi has a pet duck named Karoo.
- Kvak the family pet duck from Hägar the Horrible.
- Lobo the Duck, a Marvel/DC amalgam character based on Howard the Duck and Lobo.
- Lucky Ducky from Tom the Dancing Bug.
- Mallard Fillmore, protagonist of the eponymous conservative political comic strip
- Mousse from the popular manga Ranma ½ transforms into a duck when doused with cold water.
- Rubberduck from Captain Carrot and His Amazing Zoo Crew (DC Comics)
- Super Duck
- Truman, from Frank Cho's Liberty Meadows
- Deadeye Duck, from Bucky O'Hare
- Count Duckula
Live or costume ducks on television and film
- Aflac Duck, the duck mascot for Aflac and had appeared in the Aflac commercials.
- Duck Girls, in Big Barn Farm
- Edd the Duck - A puppet mallard from CBBC's The Broom Cupboard
- Ferdinand, a white male adventurous duck who appears in Babe and Babe: Pig in the City
- Howard the Duck The 1986 film based on the comic book character
- Orville the Duck - a green duckling puppet operated by Keith Harris
- Plucka Duck from the Australian television program Hey Hey It's Saturday
- Saturnin le canard from 1960s French children's TV show Les Aventures de Saturnin; renamed Dynamo Duck and voiced by Dan Castellaneta for American audiences in the show The Adventures of Dynamo Duck
- Charlie, the duck from Disney's The Million Dollar Duck
- The Chick and The Duck from American sitcom Friends
- Brian from Spaced Invaders spends the film dressed as a duck for Halloween
- Pato Torquato and Pata Vina - a couple of ducks, antagonists in Cocoricó.
Ducks in literature and song
- Mr. and Mrs. Mallard, and children Jack, Kack, Lack, Mack, Nack, Ouack, Pack, and Wuack, in the children's book Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskey.
- Disco Duck of the novelty song by Rick Dees.
- The female duck Dab-Dab, one of Dr. Dolittle's close companions in Hugh Lofting's series of books.
- The Rubber Duckie, owned by Sesame Street Muppet Ernie, and the subject of several of his signature songs, including "Rubber Duckie", "Put Down the Duckie", and "Do De Rubber Duck".
- The Duck, briefly seen in fantasy novel Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll.
- Freda the duck from Emily Rodda's Key to Rondo series.
- The Lonesome Duck from The Magic of Oz, thirteenth volume in the Oz canon written by L. Frank Baum.
- Ducky Lucky and Drakey Lakey, two of the characters in Henny Penny/Chicken Licken.
- Fup, one of the main character of the eponymous book by Jim Dodge.
- Jemima Puddle-Duck, who appears in The Tale of Jemima Puddle-Duck and with the other two Puddle-Ducks Rebeccah and Mr. Drake in The Tale of Tom Kitten plus Jemima Puddle-Duck's Painting Book.
- The Mechanickal Duck in Thomas Pynchon's Mason & Dixon, a fictionalized version of the Digesting Duck created by Jacques de Vaucanson
- Rapanden Rasmus from Rinkenæs Sogn is the main character of the eponymous song, Rapanden Rasmus fra Rinkenæs Sogn. In the song Rasmus takes a ride in his one horse carriage and problems ensue. The song was written by Danish poet Halfdan Rasmussen.
- Ping, a domesticated duck who lives on the Yangtze River in China. His story is told by Marjorie Flack with illustrations by Kurt Wiese in The Story about Ping
- Mr. and Mrs. Quack from "The Adventures of Poor Mrs. Quack" by Thornton Burgess in the "Old Mother West Wind" series of books.
- The duck on the head of the beggar The Duck Man in the Discworld novels by Terry Pratchett.
- The Duck Flock, a flock of gangster mallard ducks who want revenge on a human gang in the music video Get Up (Rattle)
- DuckBob Spinowitz, a man who was transformed into an anthropomorphic duck by aliens in the novel No Small Bills by Aaron Rosenberg.
- Dax the Duck is the mascot of internet search engine DuckDuckGo.
- The Aflac Duck, used in advertising for the insurance company Aflac.
- Attila the Mighty Duck is the mascot of the Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, New Jersey
- Floyd D. Duck mascot duck punk from Bubble Yum
- Lewis the Duck, mascot of Homewood Suites, he has a wife Lois, daughter Lisa, and son Lance.
- Millard the Mallard, mascot of WRVA Richmond, Virginia.
- QuackerJack, mascot for the Long Island Ducks minor league baseball team.
- The Oregon Duck, mascot of University of Oregon's Oregon Ducks
- Wild Wing, mascot for National Hockey League's Anaheim Ducks (originally the Mighty Ducks, named after the Mighty Ducks movies)
- Duck Norris, mascot for Vanbrugh College, University of York.
- Irwin the Disco Duck, created by Peter Pan Records.
- Webster, the Orange RubberDuck of the Akron RubberDucks.
Ducks in video games
- Bean the Dynamite from the Sonic the Hedgehog video games and comics.
- Some of the villagers in the Animal Crossing series are ducks, nineteen of them currently in total. The characters are: Bill, Deena, Derwin, Drake, Freckles, Fruity, Gloria, Joey, Ketchup, Maelle, Mallary, Miranda, Molly, Pate, Pompom, Quillson, Scoot, Shinabiru, and Weber. Three of them had only made their appearance in Dōbutsu no Mori e+ (also known as Animal Forest e+), which were Fruity, Ketchup, and Shinabiru, however, most of the other duck characters have been featured in that game as well (except Drake, Gloria, Molly, and Quillson) and almost all of the duck characters that were in that game were also in the original Animal Crossing game (except Miranda).
- Deadly Duck is the eponymous character of the Atari 2600 video game Deadly Duck (1982). The 2600 retrogame Duck Attack! (2010) features a mallard named Bruce, and additionally a grey variant named Mandy, a gold variant named Pat, a blue variant named Groucho, and a ruddy variant named Clarice.
- Gunbrick, a yellow cinnamon teal from the Nitrome game, Gunbrick
- The NES video game Duck Hunt (1984) features unnamed ducks as an integral part of the gameplay. By pointing the NES Zapper gun peripheral at the TV, the gamer shoots down ducks that fly across the screen.
- Prince Drake from Crazy Drake, a 2D platformer released in 1996 for DOS and PC afterwards.
Ducks in other media
- Witzy, Suzy Ducken, and Jack Quacker from Suzy's Zoo
- Dolan, Dafty, Dasee, Hupu, Tupu, and Lupu, in Uncle Dolan Show
- Robin, a green duck-like bird character from Don't Hug Me I'm Scared.
- Don Markstein's Toonopedia: Doodles Duck
- "Babe (1995)". Retrieved 2011-09-25.
- "Disney's Million Dollar Duck, The Movie, DVD & Blu-Ray, Trailer, Reviews : 1971". Retrieved 2012-05-09.
- Bronson, Fred (1992). The Billboard Book of Number One Hits, 3rd Edition. New York, New York: Billboard Publications. p. 445. ISBN 0-8230-8298-9.
- "Chicken Licken". Retrieved 2011-09-16.
- "Chicken Licken". Retrieved 2011-09-16.
- "Fup by Jim Dodge". Canongate Books Ltd. Retrieved 2011-09-15.
- "The Tale of Jemimima Puddle Duck". Warne. Retrieved 2011-10-24.
- "The Tale of Tom Kitten". Warne. Retrieved 2011-10-24.
- "The Tale of Tom Kitten". Warne. Retrieved 2011-10-24.
- "The Tale of Jemima Puddle Duck". Warne. Retrieved 2011-10-24.
- Rosenberg, Aaron (Nov 16, 2011). No Small Bills. Crazy 8 Press. p. 358. ISBN 9781892544308.
- "Holiday Logos". Help pages - DuckDuckGo Community Platform. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- "Dax the Duck easter egg at DuckDuckGo-search results page". DuckDuckGo. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- Nicholes, Will. "Duck Attack! FAQ". Retrieved September 28, 2010.