List of fictional secret bases in comics and animation
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any sources. (May 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
This is an incomplete list of hideouts, bases, and headquarters in comics and animation. Such locations are a staple of the genre, and they are at times almost as iconic and well-recognized as the characters that own them.
For a more comprehensive list, see List of locations of the DC Universe § Sites.
- Apokolips - Planet ruled by the evil New God Darkseid.
- Arrowcave - Former base of operations of the Green Arrow and Speedy. It was subsequently abandoned following Green Arrow's death. When Ollie went back to reclaim sentimental memorabilia, he found Solomon Grundy was living there.
- Batcave - Batman's secret base of operations. Located under Wayne Manor and / or in the basement of the Wayne Foundation building. Contains a crime laboratory, computers and records, a host of weapons and space for numerous vehicles.
- Dayton Manor - Headquarters of the Doom Patrol outside New York City.
- Fortress of Solitude - Arctic fortress used by Superman as a secret lair. Created by a Kryptonian Relic called the Eradicator, the Fortress was a monument to Krypton on Earth. All of the items filling the Fortress were gathered from the otherworldly dimension known as the Phantom Zone (AOS #460).
- Ha-Ha-Hacienda - Hideout of The Joker beginning in the early 1960s.
- The Iceberg Lounge, nightclub and base of operations for the Penguin. Located in Gotham City.
- Justice League Satellite, former headquarters of the Justice League of America. Located in orbit - 22,300 miles above the surface of the earth in geosynchronous orbit.
- Justice League Watchtower, former headquarters of the Justice League of America. Located on the moon.
- Justice Society Headquarters, formerly a brownstone building, which housed the JSA museum. Current version built by Lexcorp on the foundation of the former brownstone headquarters and museum. The former headquarters located in Gotham City, the latter in Manhattan.
- The Lexcorp Towers complex, former headquarters of Lex Luthor. Located in Metropolis.
- The Oblivion Bar, an extra-dimensional bar that only magically-talented persons can access. Headquarters of the Shadowpact.
- Project Cadmus. Located in Metropolis.
- The Rock of Eternity, former home of the wizard Shazam (deceased), and headquarters of Captain Marvel.
- Sanctum of Doctor Fate. Located in Salem, Massachusetts.
- Secret Sanctuary, original headquarters of the Justice League of America and briefly headquarters of the Doom Patrol. Located in Happy Harbor, Rhode Island.
- Titans Tower - Local hangout and residence of the Teen Titans, in the animated series and comics.
- Warworld, artificial planet used by Mongul and Brainiac.
- Themyscira is the home island and source (in some re-incarnations) of Wonder Woman's powers. It is supposedly located in the middle of the Bermuda Triangle.
- Asteroid M - An orbital base used by the villain Magneto in X-Men.
- Avengers Mansion - Former home of The Avengers, staffed by Jarvis, the butler.
- Baxter Building - Current headquarters of the Fantastic Four.
- Four Freedoms Plaza - Former headquarters of the Fantastic Four.
- The Hostel - An abandoned mansion in Los Angeles formerly used by The Runaways (comics).
- Latveria - The fictional country ruled by Doctor Doom.
- Sanctum Sanctorum - Home of Doctor Strange located in Greenwich Village.
- Stark Tower - base of the New Avengers, staffed by Jarvis.
- Triskelion - Headquarters of the Ultimates in the Ultimate Marvel Universe.
- Wakanda - The fictional country ruled by The Black Panther.
- Xavier Institute for Higher Learning (X-Mansion) - located at 1407 Graymalkin Lane in the town of Salem Center in New York State's Westchester County. Owned by Charles Xavier, aka Professor X, Xavier Mansion is the headquarters and training camp for both the X-Men and New Mutants. It contains two sub-basements which house the "Danger Room," laboratories, and an underground rail system that connects to the hangar facilities.
- The Goblin House - a chamber inside of Oscorp that houses the Green Goblin's glider, armor, and arsenal of bombs that is secluded from everyone but the two Green Goblins, Norman and Harry Osborne.
- Castle Grayskull - The Skull-like castle of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.
- Snake Mountain - Lair of the evil Skeletor and his minions in Masters of the Universe.
- The Pit - The original base of operations for the U.S. in G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero
- Cobra Island - The original base of operations for the terrorist organization Cobra in G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero.
- Hall of Justice - Headquarters of the Super Friends on the television animated series off the same name.
- Marineville - Headquarters of W A S P Stingray.
- Monolith Base - The main base of operations for the fictional Cobra Organization featured in G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero.
- Nomanisan - Syndrome's island headquarters in The Incredibles.
- Rabbit's Island - Hector Con Carne's headquarters in Evil Con Carne.
- Skull's Island - Estroy's headquarters in Evil Con Carne.
- Spider Skull Island - Headquarters of Jonas Venture Jr. in The Venture Bros.
- Tracy Island - The secret base of the Tracy family located in the South Pacific Ocean in the ITV television series Thunderbirds.
- Reformus Trion - Nachfolge's HQ in ANiC.
- The Wrecktory - C. Pete Mollevolent's headquarters in ACC.
- Kaza-do-Carnage - Ell Eff UnKnowen's headquarters in PANIC.