List of films featuring Wing Chun
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article possibly contains original research. (August 2010)
|Impetuous Love in Action||Frankie Chan||Jade Lin||2014||Comedy movie. Wing Chun Beauty Boxing Hall (Wing Chun school), with spoofing Bruce Lee in a fight scene.|
|Bangkok Dangerous||Pang Brothers||Nicolas Cage||2008||Cage demonstrates Wing Chun during the film.|
|Bruce Lee, My Brother||Hafidz Roshdi||2010|
|The Incredible Kung Fu Master||Joe Cheung||Sammo Hung||1979||Wing Chun is one of two opposing schools|
|I Love Wing Chun||Yuen Wah, Qiu Yuen||2011||Primarily a comedy with a few fight scenes.|
|Invincible Shaolin||Chang Cheh||1978||Also known as Unbeatable Dragon, or in German, Das Höllentor der Shaolin.|
|Ip Man||Donnie Yen||2008||A semi-biographical tale of the Wing Chun grandmaster Ip Man during the invasion of his hometown in the second Sino-Japanese war. Donnie Yen trained with Ip Chun (Ip Man's son and a Wing Chun martial artist) while preparing for his role.|
|Ip Man 2||Donnie Yen||2010||A semi-biographical story about events in Ip Man's life following his migration to Hong Kong. Donnie Yen trained with Ip Chun (a Wing Chun martial artist and Ip Man's son) while preparing for his role.|
|Ip Man 3||Wilson Yip||Donnie Yen, Mike Tyson, Wenwen Han, Zhang Jin||2015||When a band of brutal gangsters led by a crooked property developer make a play to take over the city, Master Ip is forced to take a stand.|
|Master Z: Ip Man Legacy||Yuen Woo-ping||Max Zhang, Michelle Yeoh, Tony Jaa||2018|
|Ip Man 4: The Finale||Wilson Yip||Donnie Yen, Wu Yue, Scott Adkins||2019|
|Kung Fu Wing Chun||Jing Bai, Shaoqun Yu||2010|
|The Legend Is Born – Ip Man||2010||A semi-biographical film during the young days of Ip Man. Ip Chun, Ip Man's real son (and Wing Chun instructor) stars in the film as Ip Man's master, Leung Bik.|
|The Prodigal Son||1982||Chinese name: Bai ga jai. A popular pseudo-historical film about Wing Chun and featuring Wing Chun used in most of its fight scenes.|
|Rumble in the Bronx||Jackie Chan||1995||Near the beginning of the movie, Keung (Chan) practices on a wooden training dummy commonly used in Wing Chun practice.|
|Sherlock Holmes||2009||Robert Downey, Jr. made use of Wing Chun (along with sword fighting techniques, as well as Bartitsu) to portray Sherlock Holmes as an efficient fighter in various fight scenes.|
|Biho sangjaeng aka Stranger from Shaolin
Alternative titles: Fist of flying tiger, Wing Chun Warriors, A fight between flying tigers, Fei hu xiang zheng
|Jo-Myeong Jeon||Cecilia Wong Hang-Sau||1977||A young girl is the sole survivor of an attack on her temple. She learns taekwondo from a local merchant. Taking the name 'The Invincible Young-chun', she sets out on a quest for vengeance.|
|Twin Dragons||Ringo Lam, Tsui Hark||Jackie Chan||1992||Hong Kong martial arts action film.|
|Warriors Two||Sammo Hung, Bryan Leung, Casanova Wong||1978|
|Wing Chun||Michelle Yeoh, Donnie Yen||1994||A film about Yim Wing Chun (after whom Wing Chun Kung Fu was named).
Fo Shan Zan xian sheng-Descendant of Wing Chun
|Mugamoodi||Mysskin||Jiiva, Narain||2012||A Tamil super hero film which is based on the chase and capture of a serial robber gang. The movie extensively used the Wing Chun style of fighting between the hero and the villain. The actors were trained by Tony Leung.|
|Ip Man: The Final Fight||Herman Yau||Anthony Wong Chau-Sang||2013||In postwar Hong Kong, legendary Wing Chun grandmaster Ip Man is reluctantly called into action once more, when what begin as simple challenges from rival kung fu styles soon draw him into the dark and dangerous underworld of the Triads. Now, to defend life and honor, he has no choice but to fight one last time.|
|The Grandmaster||Kar Wai Wong||Tony Leung Chiu Wai, Ziyi Zhang, Jin Zhang||2013||The story of IP Man, from a young age through to his move to Hong Kong where he struggled to support his family. A true epic film.|
|The Final Master||Xu Haofeng||Liao Fan, Jiang Wenli, Chin Shih-chieh, Song Jia||2015||A Wing Chun master has to defeat 8 martial arts schools to open his own school, yet he has become a chess piece to the local power dynamics.|
- Heath, Adam; Hudson, David (2012). Mixed Martial Arts' Most Wanted - The Top 10 book of Crazy Combat, Great Grappling, and Sick Submissions. Potomac Books Inc. p. 141. ISBN 978-1597975490.
- "Donnie Yen Training Routine". Chisautube.com. January 4, 2009. Archived from the original on 2012-04-22. Retrieved 2012-04-09.
- Ip Man 2, retrieved 2019-08-13
- Ip Man 3, retrieved 2019-08-13
- "Ip Chun Wing Chun Kuen Martial Arts Association". www.ipchun.org. Archived from the original on May 29, 2017. Retrieved 2019-08-13.
- "The Prodigal Son, Five Stars for funny and Great Kung Fu". kungfu-movie-madness.com. Archived from the original on October 10, 2012. Retrieved August 13, 2019.
- "Wing Chun Movie Recommendations". dynamicdefense.ca. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Retrieved August 13, 2019.
- "Game of Shadows fight scenes". www.bartitsu.org. Archived from the original on September 1, 2018. Retrieved August 13, 2019.
- Fight of the Flying Tigers, retrieved 2019-08-13
- "Bihosangjaeng at KMDb with FULL Gallery". KMDb. Archived from the original on February 1, 2014. Retrieved August 13, 2019.
- "Stranger From Shaolin AKA: Wing Chung Warriors (Plot)". Archived from the original on February 2, 2014. Retrieved August 13, 2019.
- Hunt, Leon (1988). Kung Fu Cult Masters. p. 30. ISBN 9781903364635.
- "Mugamoodi's 'enter The Dragon' Connect And Hong Kong Designer - Mugamoodi - Mysskin - Dhananjayan Govind - Jiiva - Pooja Hedge - Narain - Nassar - Anupama Kumar - Enter The Dragon - Bruce Lee - Tony Leung - Tamil Movie News - Behindwoods.com". www.behindwoods.com. August 27, 2012. Retrieved 2019-08-13.
- Ip Man: The Final Fight, retrieved 2019-08-13
- "The Grandmaster". Archived from the original on 2013-05-01. Retrieved 2013-08-26.
- The Final Master, retrieved 2018-11-29