List of food cooperatives
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This list is not exhaustive, and is limited to notable food cooperatives.
- Dublin Food Co-op, Dublin City
- The Urban Co-op, Limerick City
- Belfast Food Co-op, Belfast City
- Quay Co-op, Cork City
- Abundance Food Co-op, Rochester, NY
- 4th Street Food Co-op, New York City
- Berkeley Student Food Collective, Berkeley, California
- Boise Co-op, Boise, Idaho
- Central Co-op, Seattle, Washington
- Citizens Co-op, Gainesville, Florida (defunct)
- Consumers' Cooperative of Berkeley, Berkeley, California (defunct)
- The Cooperative Grocery, Emeryville, California (defunct)
- District Grocery Stores – a former cooperative of small single-room grocery stores in Washington, DC, Maryland and Northern Virginia that operated from 1921 to 1972.
- Frontier Natural Products Co-op, Norway, Iowa
- George Street Co-op, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Maryland Food Collective at the University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland
- New Pioneer Food Co-op, Iowa City, Iowa
- Oberlin Student Cooperative Association – a housing cooperative and food cooperative in Oberlin, Ohio
- Olympia Food Co-op, Olympia, Washington
- Park Slope Food Coop, New York City, New York
- PCC Community Markets (formerly branded as Puget Consumers Co-op and PCC Natural Markets), Seattle, Washington
- People's Food Co-op, Portland, Oregon
- Phat Beets Produce, Oakland, California
- Rainbow Grocery Cooperative, San Francisco, California
- Wedge Community Co-op, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- West Chester Cooperative, West Chester, Pennsylvania
- West Oakland Food Collaborative, Oakland, California
- Wheatsville Co-op, Austin, Texas
- Whole Foods Co-op, Duluth, Minnesota
- Willy Street Cooperative, Madison, Wisconsin
- Ypsilanti Food Co-op, Ypsilanti, Michigan
- History of the cooperative movement
- List of food companies
- List of cooperatives
- National Co+op Grocers
- Puskar-Pasewicz, Margaret, ed. (2010). "Health food stores and food cooperatives". Cultural Encyclopedia of Vegetarianism. Santa Barbara, Calif.: Greenwood. p. 127. ISBN 978-0-313-37557-6.
- "Alfalfa House". Broadsheet. July 28, 2016. Retrieved February 12, 2018.
- Fisher, R.I.C. (2012). Fodor's Ireland 2012. Fodor's 2012. Fodor's Travel Publications. p. 10. ISBN 978-0-679-00975-7. Retrieved February 12, 2018.
- The Urban Co-op https://www.theurbanco-op.ie/. Missing or empty
- Quay Co-op http://www.quaycoop.com/. Missing or empty
- Voinea, Anca (March 23, 2017). "Coop Sweden boosts profit following launch of new store concept". Co-operative News. Retrieved February 12, 2018.
- Chatterji, M.; Bouckaert, L. (2015). Business, Ethics and Peace. Contributions to Conflict Management, Peace Economics and Development. Emerald Group Publishing Limited. p. 192. ISBN 978-1-78441-877-9. Retrieved February 12, 2018.
- King, D.; Lawley, S. (2016). Organizational Behaviour. Oxford University Press. p. 435. ISBN 978-0-19-872402-5. Retrieved February 12, 2018.
- Supermarket Era Closes Cooperative" by William H. Jones, The Washington Post, Times Herald (1959-1973); November 13, 1972, p.C1
- Genovese, P. (2012). Food Lovers' Guide to New Jersey: The Best Restaurants, Markets & Local Culinary Offerings. Food Lovers' Series. Globe Pequot Press. p. 118. ISBN 978-0-7627-8894-1. Retrieved February 12, 2018.
- Ortega, Tania (December 31, 2017). "Wheatsville Co-op repurposes food for those in need". KTBC. Retrieved February 12, 2018.