List of food labeling regulations
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Regulations by type
- Codex Alimentarius (international voluntary standard)
Ingredients and basic nutrition
- "Be Veg Certified Vegan" by Be Veg International Vegan Certification a trademark by a global law firm for certification of vegan food, vegan beverages, vegan restaurants and other vegan services.
- "Certified Vegan" by Vegan Awareness Foundation trademark for vegan companies and organizations 
- "PETA-Approved Vegan" by PETA for vegan products (clothing and accessory companies), United States, available worldwide 
- "Sunflower symbol" by the Vegan Society, United Kingdom trademark for vegan food, available worldwide 
- "V-Label" by the European Vegetarian Union, Swiss trademark for vegan items (specified by product), available worldwide 
- "Vegan friendly" by Peepal Farm for restaurants, food and cosmetic companies that have vegan offerings.
- "The green dot symbol" (Vegetarian mark), Indian requirement for food, available worldwide 
- "V-Label" by the European Vegetarian Union, Swiss trademark for vegan and vegetarian items (specified by product), available worldwide 
- "Vegetarian Society Approved" by the Vegetarian Society, United Kingdom, available worldwide 
Named geographic origin
- Geographical indication
- Country of origin
- Protected Geographical Status (European Union)
- Appellation d'origine contrôlée (France)
- Denominazione di Origine Controllata (Italy)
Genetic and commercial origin
Preparation at site of consumption
- Shake well
- Alcohol abuse
- Danger zone (food safety)
- Five-second rule
- Food allergy
- Food intolerance
- Food safety
- Food sampling
- Food spoilage
- International Food Safety Network
- ISO 22000
- Refrigerate after opening
- Shelf life dates ("Use by" and "Best before")
- Warning label
- Phuket: "Yellow flag" for vegetarian food during ‘ngan kin jeh’ vegetarian festival
- Acceptable Market Name
- Adulteration of Coffee Act 1718
- American Agricultural Law Association
- Dietary exposure assessments in the United States
- Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994
- Early history of food regulation in the United States
- Fair Packaging and Labeling Act (US)
- FDA Food Safety Modernization Act
- Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act
- Federal Meat Inspection Act
- Food and Drug Administration Amendments Act of 2007
- Food and Drug Administration Modernization Act of 1997
- Food libel laws
- Food Quality Protection Act
- Generally recognized as safe
- Global Food Security Act of 2009
- Kevin's Law
- Mandatory country-of-origin labeling of food sold in the United States
- Personal Responsibility in Food Consumption Act
- Public Law 114-214, regulating GMO food labeling
- Pure Food and Drug Act
- Regulation of food and dietary supplements by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Standards of identity for food
- Title 21 of the Code of Federal Regulations
- United States v. Correll
- United States v. Ninety-Five Barrels Alleged Apple Cider Vinegar
- Assize of Bread and Ale
- McLibel case
- United Kingdom food labeling regulations
- The Weights and Measures (Packaged Goods) Regulations 2006 
- "Certifying organization information". Retrieved 20 September 2015.
- "PETA-Approved Vegan". Retrieved 20 September 2015.
- "Vegan Trademark "sunflower" trademark by Vegan Society". Retrieved 20 September 2015.
- "Vegetarian Label by EVU". Retrieved 20 September 2015.
- "Swissveg V-Label". Retrieved 29 September 2015.
- "India's Vegetarian Mark". Retrieved 20 September 2015.
- "Vegetarian Society Approved Website". Retrieved 20 September 2015.
- "VegSoc Approved". Archived from the original on 10 October 2015. Retrieved 29 September 2015.