List of foreign satellites launched by India
India has launched 239 satellites for 28 different countries as of October, 2018. Commercial launches for foreign nations are negotiated through Antrix, the commercial arm of the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO). All satellites were launched using the ISRO's Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) expendable launch system. Between 2013 and 2015, India launched 28 foreign satellites for nine different countries earning a total revenue of US$101 million.
ISRO successfully launched 104 satellites by a single rocket on 15 February 2017, of which 3 satellites are Indian satellites while the remaining are foreign commercial satellites. Ninety-six satellites are from the United States, while the others come from Israel, the UAE, Kazakhstan, the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany. It is the largest number of satellites launched on a single flight by any space agency. The previous record was held by Russia's Dnepr launcher which launched 37 in June 2014.
|No.||Satellite||Country||Launch date||Launch mass||Launch vehicle||Other information|
|1||DLR-Tubsat||Germany||26 May 1999||45 kg||PSLV-C2||ISRO's 1st commercial launch with foreign satellites as payload. India's Oceansat-1 was also launched. This was PSLV's 3rd launch overall.|
|2||Kitsat-3||South Korea||110 kg|
|3||BIRD||Germany||22 October 2001||92 kg||PSLV-C3||ISRO's 2nd commercial launch.|
|5||Lapan-TUBsat||Indonesia||10 January 2007||56 kg||PSLV-C7|
|7||AGILE||Italy||23 April 2007||352 kg||PSLV-C8||PSLV's 11th flight.|
|8||TecSAR||Israel||21 January 2008||295 kg||PSLV-C10||PSLV's 12th launch.|
|9||CAN-X2||Canada||28 April 2008||3.5 kg||PSLV-C9||ISRO launched 10 satellites, of which 8 were foreign.|
|17||UWE-2||Germany||23 September 2009||1 kg||PSLV-C14||ISRO launched 7 satellites, of which 6 were foreign.|
|23||Alsat-2A||Algeria||12 July 2010||117 kg||PSLV-C15||ISRO launched 5 satellites, of which 3 were foreign.|
|26||VESSELSAT-1||Luxembourg||12 January 2011||28.7 kg||PSLV-C18||ISRO launched 4 satellites, of which 1 was foreign.|
|27||X-SAT||Singapore||20 April 2011||105 kg||PSLV-C16||ISRO launched 3 satellites, of which 1 was foreign.|
|28||SPOT-6||France||9 September 2012||712 kg||PSLV-C21||PSLV's 22nd flight.|
|30||Sapphire||Canada||25 February 2013||148 kg||PSLV-C20||ISRO launched 7 satellites, of which 6 were foreign.|
|35||STRaND-1||United Kingdom||6.5 kg|
|36||SPOT-7||France||30 June 2014||714 kg||PSLV-C23||PSLV's 10th flight in 'core-alone' configuration (i.e. without the use of solid strap-on motors).|
|41||UK-DMC 3A||United Kingdom||10 July 2015||447 kg||PSLV-C28||India's first exclusive foreign satellites launch, all the 5 payloads were from United Kingdom. At the time it was the heaviest commercial mission (1439 kg) successfully accomplished using a launch vehicle assembled by ISRO.|
|42||UK-DMC 3B||447 kg|
|43||UK-DMC 3C||447 kg|
|46||LAPAN-A2||Indonesia||28 September 2015||68 kg||PSLV-C30||Commercial satellites from United States were launched on an Indian rocket for the first time. Astrosat, India's first dedicated astronomy satellite, was also launched on this flight.|
|47||NLS-14 (Ev9)||Canada||5.5 kg|
|48||Lemur-2-Peter||United States||4 kg|
|52||TeLEOS-1||Singapore||16 December 2015||400 kg||PSLV-C29||Exclusive commercial launch of 6 Singaporean satellites.|
|56||Kent Ridge 1 (KR 1)||78 kg|
|58||LAPAN A3||Indonesia||22 June 2016||120 kg||PSLV-C34||ISRO launched 20 satellites (including 3 Indian satellites) aboard PSLV-C34, the highest number of satellites that the agency has launched aboard a single flight.|
|62||SkySat Gen2-1||United States||110 kg|
|63-74||12 x Dove (satellite)||4.7 kg each|
|75||AlSAT-1N||Algeria||26 September 2016||7 kg||PSLV-C35||ISRO launches 8 satellites in its 15th flight of the 'XL' version of the PSLV - 5 foreign satellites and 3 Indian satellites (SCATSAT-1, PRATHAM and PISAT).|
|79||Pathfinder-1||United States||44 kg|
|80-167||88 x Flock-3p||United States||15 February 2017||4.7 kg each||PSLV-C37||ISRO launched 104 satellites, of which 3 were Indian satellites. It is the largest number of satellites launched on a single flight by any space agency.|
|168-175||8 x Lemur-2||4.6 kg each|
|176||Al Farabi-1||Kazakhstan||1.7 kg|
|181||Pegasus(QB50 AT03)||Austria||23 June 2017||2 kg||PSLV-C38||ISRO launched 31 satellites, of which 29 were foreign.|
|184||VZLUSAT-1||Czech Republic||2 kg|
|190||Max Valier||Italy||15 kg|
|195||InflateSail||United Kingdom||3.2 kg|
|197-199||3 x Diamond Satellites||18 kg|
|201-208||8 x Lemur-2 Satellites||4 kg each|
|210||Telesat Phase-1 LEO||Canada||12 January 2018||168 kg||PSLV-C40||ISRO Launched 31 satellites, of which 28 were foreign.|
|213||CBNT-2||United Kingdom||42.7 kg|
|214||CANYVAL-X||South Korea||4 kg|
|218||STEP CUBE LAB||1 kg|
|219-222||4 x Flock-3p||United States||4.7 kg each|
|223-226||4 x Lemur-2||4 kg each|
|227-230||4 x SpaceBEE||?|
|235||Corvus BC3||10 kg|
|238||NovaSAR||United Kingdom||16 September, 2018||445kg||PSLV-C42||Exclusive commercial launch of two foreign satellites belonged to Surrey Satellite Technologies Ltd (SSTL), United Kingdom. The satellites were put into sun-synchronous orbit under a commercial arrangement with Antrix Corp Ltd, the commercial arm of the ISRO.|
|240||Centauri -1||Australia||29 - Nov - 2018||-||PSLV-C43||-|
|243||Reaktor Hello World||Finland|
|248-263||FLOCK 3R||16 Satellites|
Total Foreign Satellites launched by ISRO : 269 (as of 29/11/2018)
Foreign Satellites by Country (as of 29 - Nov - 2018)
|No.||Country||Total Number of Satellites|
- "International Customer Satellites Launched". www.antrix.gov.in. Retrieved 25 April 2016.
- "India says PSLV launches generated $601 million in commercial launch fees 2013-2015 - SpaceNews.com". SpaceNews.com. Retrieved 25 April 2016.
- "ISRO Launches PSLV-C37 Rocket: Here's the List of 104 Satellites on Board". NDTV Gadgets360. Retrieved 15 February 2017.
- "ISRO launches 104 satellites in one go, creates history". The Hindu. 15 February 2017. Retrieved 15 February 2017.
- "PSLV Successfully Launches Ten Satellites - ISRO". www.isro.gov.in. Retrieved 15 August 2018.
- "PSLV-C14 Successfully Launches Oceansat-2 Satellite - ISRO". www.isro.gov.in. Retrieved 15 August 2018.
- "PSLV-C15/CARTOSAT-2B - ISRO". www.isro.gov.in. Retrieved 15 August 2018.
- Subramanian, T. s (12 October 2011). "PSLV-C18 puts four satellites in orbit". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 15 August 2018.
- "PSLV-C16/RESOURCESAT-2 - ISRO". www.isro.gov.in. Retrieved 15 August 2018.
- "PSLV-C20 - ISRO". www.isro.gov.in. Retrieved 15 August 2018.
- Jesudasan, Dennis S. "PSLV C-28 launches five UK satellites". The Hindu. Retrieved 15 March 2017.
- "ISRO sets record with 20 satellites launched at once: All you need to know". The Indian Express. 22 June 2016. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "Full coverage: ISRO's 20-satellite launch, its largest ever, successful". The Indian Express. 22 June 2016. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "PSLV-C35 / SCATSAT-1 Brochure - ISRO". www.isro.gov.in. Retrieved 26 September 2016.
- "PSLV-C37 Successfully Launches 104 Satellites in a Single Flight - ISRO". www.isro.gov.in. Retrieved 15 August 2018.
- "PSLV-C38 Successfully Launches 31 Satellites in a Single Flight - ISRO". www.isro.gov.in. Retrieved 15 August 2018.
- Edmond, Deepu Sebastian (12 January 2018). "ISRO workhorse PSLV-C40 puts 31 satellites in space". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 15 August 2018.