List of furry role-playing games
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Part of a series on|
Furry role-playing games are role-playing games that prominently feature anthropomorphic animal characters and consequently are popular within furry fandom. This does not include all games that feature shapeshifting or animals in some fashion.
- Albedo Anthropomorphics has had multiple role-playing game adaptations over the years. The current version, Albedo, is published by Sanguine Productions.
- Furry Pirates by Atlas Games, and its companion game Furry Outlaws. Furry characters live in their own version of the real world circa the 15th century.
- Bunnies & Burrows: inspired by popular novel Watership Down, this early, ground-breaking RPG featured realistic intelligent animal player characters with skills such as "Bun Fu". Later re-released as a GURPS conversion.
- Usagi Yojimbo Role-Playing Game by Sanguine Productions: a role-playing game set in the comic universe of the same name. A previous edition by Gold Rush Games was published in 1998.
- Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game by Luke Crane and David Petersen (comics), published by Archaia Studios Press : Based on the award-winning Mouse Guard comic book and graphic novel series by David Petersen. It uses a variation of the Burning Wheel system and features a world inhabited by mice.
- World Tree (role-playing game): a role-playing game of species and civilizations by Bard Bloom and Victoria Borah Bloom features various animal characters along a modified version of Yggdrasil
- After The Bomb and its supplements, by Palladium Books in which players take on the roles of mutant animal characters in a post-apocalyptic setting. AtB was originally release as a supplement to Palladium's TMNT & Other Strangeness RPG but has since been release as its own game setting which seems to be more inspired by the surge in real life genetic science trends than mutations caused by the fallout of nuclear war.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Other Strangeness also by Palladium Books was set in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comics universe and allows players to create their own customized mutant animals in a modern setting.
- Justifiers by StarChilde Publications: a roleplaying game in a futuristic setting where players are Beta, a genetically engineered race of anthropomorphic animals created by human corporations. The game was published in 1988.
- Hakobune By Tim Peare a D20-based furry setting with high fantasy and steam punk technology
- Kevin and Kell Role-Playing Game A RPG based on Bill Holbrook's Kevin and Kell webcomic. It was published in 2005 by ComStar Media.
- "The Requiem" IRC-based roleplay set in a Modern-day Earth-like environment, using Humans and Anthropomorphics (furries). Active once again.
- Other Suns by Niall C. Shapero, a D100 skill based Science Fiction RPG, published in 1983 by Fantasy Games Unlimited.
- "World of Feila" forum-based medieval furry role play with free-form characterization and multiple storylines. Has a section that is open to all time periods and settings.
- Historia Rodentia by On The Lamb Games, a supplement for RuneQuest released by Mongoose Publishing. Taking the setting from the Brushfire skirmish game, a historical parody and satire of the Napoleonic Wars that uses animals in the place of history's greatest armies.
- Hc Svnt Dracones (Here Be Dragons): Tabletop role-playing game published by Pierce Fraser in 2014 which features six anthropomorphic playable family races, each sporting multiple species and morphism options. These families find their origin from human experiments on Mars, where various animal DNA was given to human fetuses, resulting in genetically compatible "Vector" races. Humans have since died off, leaving the races to fend for themselves, given only the technology and information that humanity left behind.
- Realms of Understreet by dicegeeks, a campaign setting for Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition. The setting transforms standard D&D races into rats, mice, and salamanders that live in the sewers beneath Manhattan island.
- Ironclaw Online, an online MUD version of the Ironclaw RPG mentioned above.
- FurryMUCK, a mainly social MUD "centered around the roleplay of Anthropomorphics".
- Flexible Survival, A mature online MUD set in a near-future apocalypse with many anthropormorphic options and detailed interaction between players and automated NPCs.
- New Worlds Ateraan, a mature online MUD with a unique medieval style setting and anthropomorphic races included. Rules state only over-eighteens may play.
Other computer games
- Inherit the Earth, an adventure game. Originally released in 1995, it was re-released in 2003 by Wyrmkeep Entertainment.
- Lugaru, an anthropomorphic furry action game released by Wolfire Games in 2005.
- Overgrowth, Lugaru's successor currently available as an early access alpha being developed by Wolfire Games.
- Dust: An Elysian Tail. The history takes part with Dust, Fidget and his blade Arah to get Dust's memory back
- Armello, a digital role-playing strategy board game featuring anthropomorphic animals questing in a fantasy world. This is the debut project from the indie studio League of Geeks.
- Ghost of a Tale, an Xbox One game which takes place in a medieval world inhabited by several species of anthropomorphic animals.