List of games using SDL
This article possibly contains original research. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This is a list of notable games, gaming engines, and arcade or game-console emulators that make use of Simple DirectMedia Layer (SDL), a cross-platform software library that abstracts platforms' graphics, sound, and input APIs, allowing a developer to write a computer game or other multimedia application once and run it on many operating systems.
Games using SDL
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (February 2017)
- 0 A.D.
- Dwarf Fortress
- FTL: Faster Than Light
- Secret Maryo Chronicles
- Amnesia: The dark descent
- Axiom Verge
- Urban Terror
- They Bleed Pixels
- Zod Engine
- BEEP (video game)
- Freespace 2 Open (as of release 3.8.0)
Games which use SDL for the Linux version only
Game engines and level editors which use SDL for Linux and Mac versions
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (November 2014)
Game engines and level editors which use SDL
Game remakes which use SDL (open source)
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (September 2015)
- "Overview". 0 A.D. Game Info. Wildfire Games. Archived from the original on 23 February 2013. Retrieved 5 December 2012.
- "Description of the roles of rendering engines". Retrieved November 16, 2012.
- "SMC:Development - Secret Maryo Chronicles Wiki". 30 August 2013. Retrieved 29 September 2014.
- "Compiling Wesnoth; Prerequisites". Retrieved 29 September 2014.
- "OpenTTD". Retrieved 29 September 2014.
sdl to be able to draw on the screen (not needed on Windows and Mac OS X).
- "Porting the Source Engine to Linux: Valve's Lessons Learned" (PDF). Nvidia. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- Larabel, Michael (21 March 2014). "Details On Crytek's CRYENGINE Linux Engine Port". Phoronix. Retrieved 29 September 2014.
- "DOSBox, an x86 emulator with DOS". DOSBox. Retrieved 29 September 2014.
DOSBox is a DOS-emulator that uses the SDL-library which makes DOSBox very easy to port to different platforms.
- "Hatari". Retrieved 29 September 2014.
Hatari is an Atari ST/STE/TT/Falcon emulator for GNU/Linux, BSD, Mac OS X, Windows and other systems which are supported by the SDL library.
- "Mednafen - Multi-system Emulator". Retrieved 29 September 2014.
Mednafen is a portable, utilizing OpenGL and SDL, argument(command-line)-driven multi-system emulator.
- "Getting Support - ZSNES Documentation". ZSNES. Retrieved 29 September 2014.
SDL (Simple DirectMedia Layer) is an API required for running ZSNES on UNIX-like operating systems.
- OpenRA on GitHub
- OpenXCom on GitHub