List of genealogy databases
This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This is a list of genealogy databases and online resources that are not specifically restricted to a particular place, family set, or time period in their content.
- Cyndi's List - thousands of resource links, categorized and cross-referenced
- Deutscher Genealogieserver of the Verein für Computergenealogie - major portal for German genealogy and genealogical societies
- Ellis Island Foundation - free searchable online database of passenger lists of immigrants who arrived via Ellis Island.
- Family Genealogy and History Internet Education Directory - Wiki - Professional, worldwide humanities and social sciences mega portal, connected directly to numerously related sub-sets having billions of primary and secondary database resources; information that provides family history and genealogy records. Free Coverage of the Genealogy World in a Nutshell.™
- Familypedia - free cooperative family history wiki using Semantic MediaWiki
- FamilySearch - images and indexes developed by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Find a Grave - an online database of cemetery records (over 152 million burial records and 75 million photos).
- Findmypast - UK-based partly free resource
- GEDCOMP - GEDCOM COMParison mostly related to Denmark
- GeneaBloggers - a resource list of thousands of blogs related to genealogy and family history; many blogs include actual research records and resources
- GeneaNet - an international genealogy database
- GenTeam - An index of more than 17 million records (marriages, births, deaths, land records, house owners, cemeteries, obituaries, statistical records / enumeration / census, various registers, nobility, WWI military casualty lists, etc.) for Austria, Bavaria, Slovakia, Slovenia, the Czech Republic, and former Austria-Hungary; free access for registered users
- GENUKI - information covering the British Isles
- Gliesians - a database repository of private GEDCOM files to support data analysis
- HeritageQuest-a database and genealogical search engine with census records from 1790. 
- Historic American Newspapers from the Library of Congress - Free searchable online database of over 2,400 U.S. newspapers.
- In Florida Memory-a primary document database run by the State Library and Archive of Florida. 
- Mocavo.com - genealogy search engine and databases
- MyHeritage - aggregated search system and genealogy databases
- Newspapers.com - online database of digital newspaper pages from historical U.S. newspapers dating back to the 1700's.
- Rodovid - global genealogy in many languages, genealogy wiki
- RootsWeb, free genealogy resources, including WorldConnect, a database with over 480,000,000 surnames
- Rötter ("Roots") - major portal for Swedish genealogy and genealogical societies in the Swedish Federation of Genealogical Societies (Sveriges Släktforskarförbund)
- Serbian Genealogical Society - online database with surnames, locations and background information
- South African Genealogy Database, GenDatabase.com is an online database with 50 million records.
- Werelate.org - genealogy wiki and sourced collaborative, referenced place index, sponsored by the Allen County Public Library and the Foundation for On-Line Genealogy
- WikiTree - free genealogy community dedicated to building a worldwide family tree accessible to everyone
- Archives.gov - free online repository with a section dedicated to genealogical research.
- New England Historic Genealogical Society - America's oldest genealogical society, provides education and research resources with over 1.4 billion records
Comparison of notable databases for uploading family trees
Some of these also have social networking features.
|Web site||Alexa traffic rank||Free features||Features for subscribers|
- Family History Research Wiki handbook reference information and educational articles showing how to find ancestors
- "Ahnenforschung, Familienforschung, Genealogie - Der deutsche Genealogieserver - Verein für Computergenealogie - Verein für Computergenealogie e.V". genealogy.net.
- "GEDCOMP - GEDcom COMParison". lklundin.dk.
- Wayner, Peter (2004-04-22). "From Shared Resources, Your Personal History". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-01-14.
- http://blog.dearmyrtle.com/2013/03/what-is-geneablogger.html What is a "GeneaBlogger" ?
- "GenTeam - Genealogical Database". genteam.eu.
- "Rötter - Sveriges Släktforskarförbund". genealogi.se.
- "Resources for Genealogists and Family Historians". National Archives. 2016-09-12. Retrieved 2017-07-31.
- "About the New England Historic Genealogical Society". www.americanancestors.org. Retrieved 2017-07-31.
- Traffic rank according to alexa.com April 2015. Low number indicate high popularity.