List of ground effect vehicles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The following is a list of WIG or ' wing-in-ground '-effect craft, also referred to as water-skimming Wingships or, in Russia, 'ekranoplans'.
- Sea Eagle (WIG craft) - six seater Wing in Ground Effect Craft
- DXF100 (Tianyi-1) - 15 seater Wing in Ground Effect Craft, designed by China Academy of Science & Technology Development. In 2000, the model is for commercial sale in China. The first buyer of Tianyi-1 used the vehicle to carry tourists around Lake Tai.
- Pennec Navion: Designed and built by Serge Pennec at Geovas, near Brest in Brittany
- TAF VIII-1 2 Seater Tandem Airfoil Flairboat Typ Jörg 1, built in 1987. This WIG Craft has experienced about 100.000 km and is still in use in private property.
- TAF VIII-2, 4 seater Tandem Airfoil Flairboat Typ Jörg II, built in 1983. Following the F&E and test period, Dipl. Ing. Günther Jörg was awarded with the "Phillip Morris Scientific Award" for the Transportation System for the future.
- Another TAF VIII-2, built in 1994 was given to a Japanese private citizen.
- TAF VIII-3, 8 seater Tandem Airfoil Flairboat Typ Jörg III, built in 1990.
- TAF VIII-4 12 seater TAF, Typ Jörg IV built in 1986 for coastal protection reasons.
- Bavar 2, a 2-seater (allegedly) semi-stealth military GEV that entered active duty in 2010.
- C&S AMT ARON7 
- Sungwoo Engineering Wing in the Ground Effect Ship 
- Wing Ship Technology Corp WSH-500 
- Wing Ship Technology Corp WSH-1500 
- Ivolga EK-12
- Beriev Be-1 - Experimental aircraft used in development of VVA-14
- Bartini Beriev VVA-14 - Amphibious anti-submarine aircraft, only prototypes were produced
- KM "Kaspian Monster" - largest GEV in the world
- Lun-class ekranoplan - Lun Class Ekranoplan
- A-90 Orlyonok - Orlyonok Ekranoplan
- Beriev Be-2500 - Beriev Be- 2500 (Future Plane)
- Aqualet - New 2011 Russian development of Ground Effect Vehicle
- Chaika A-050
- AF8-001 (Air Fish) - WigetWorks is developing the AirFish 8, previously known as Lippisch WIG, Flightship, or FS8. The AirFish uses an air-cushion to raise the vehicle and travels at speeds up to 80 knots. Currently still in prototype with one built and tested beginning in 2001. Assets of the prior owner were liquidated in 2008. (see Wing In Ground-effect vehicle for more information).
- Boeing Pelican - Boeing Pelican
- C&S AMT Ltd. THE FLYING SHIP ARON7 Archived 2012-01-09 at the Wayback Machine.
- Sungwoo Engineering Wing in the Ground Effect Ship
- Wing Ship Technology Corp, WSH-500
- Wing Ship Technology Corp, WSH-1500
- Ivolga TrekIvolga Archive
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-02-04. Retrieved 2015-11-03.
- Ekranoplan Moscow Top News