List of highest paid film actors
Salaries for the world's highest paid film actors currently range from $20–30 million, but an actor can earn substantially more by deferring all or part of their salary against a percentage of the film's gross, known within the industry as a "profit participation" deal. Since not all salaries are made public, this is a non-definitive list of actors who have received $30 million or more as compensation for their services. The figures are given at their nominal value, since earnings from profit based deals are accumulated over many years, making it unfeasible to adjust for inflation.
- Block, Alex Ben; Wilson, Lucy Autrey, eds. (2010). George Lucas's Blockbusting: A Decade-By-Decade Survey of Timeless Movies Including Untold Secrets of Their Financial and Cultural Success. HarperCollins. pp. 616–617, 714–715, 824–825 & 832. ISBN 9780061778896.
- Masters, Kim (5 June 2013). "Will Smith's 'After Earth' Apocalypse: Who Loses Most". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 8 July 2013.
- Graser, Mark (October 13, 2014). "Robert Downey Jr. to Join 'Captain America 3' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved 19 August 2018.
- Galloway, Stephen (26 February 2014). "Sandra Bullock to Make $70 Million (At Least) for 'Gravity' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 26 February 2014.
- Pomerantz, Dorothy (10 June 2009). "Hollywood's Top-Earning Actors". Forbes. Archived from the original on 6 September 2013.
- Thompson, Peter A. (1997). Jack Nicholson: the life and times of an actor on the edge. Carol Publishing Group. p. 214. ISBN 9781559724203.
By 1994, it had reportedly reached $60 million.
- Newcomb, Peter (March 2011). "Hollywood's Top 40". Vanity Fair. p. 2. Archived from the original on 5 July 2011. Retrieved 27 October 2012.
- West, Amy (9 November 2015). "Avengers Age Of Ultron salaries: Scarlett Johansson second highest earner after Robert Downey Jr". International Business Times. Retrieved 19 August 2018.
- Sylt, Christian (22 July 2014). "Fourth Pirates Of The Caribbean Is Most Expensive Movie Ever With Costs Of $410 Million". Forbes. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
One of the biggest costs of making On Stranger Tides was paying the production staff and actors with Mr Depp alone believed to have received $55 million for the movie.
- Heath, Chris (April 2013). "Profile: Robert Downey Jr". GQ. p. 3. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- Kilday, Gregg (20 June 2013). "Sequel to Cameron Diaz's 'Bad Teacher' in the Works". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 4 June 2017.
- "Field Listings – Exchange Rates". The World Factbook. Central Intelligence Agency. Retrieved 14 December 2018.
- Upadhyaya, Prakash (July 6, 2017). "Aamir Khan's remuneration for Dangal: This is the amount the actor takes home after China release". International Business Times. Retrieved October 21, 2017.
- "Dangal brings Rs 257 crore Chinese bonanza for Aamir Khan". Hindustan Times. July 7, 2017.
- Schuker, Lauren E. (2 April 2009), "Hollywood Squeezes Stars' Pay in Slump", The Wall Street Journal, archived from the original on 16 June 2013