List of hospitals in Pakistan
List of hospitals in Pakistan shows the hospitals in Pakistan by administrative region and city with links to articles in WikiPedia on notable hospitals. According to 2016 statistics, Pakistan has more than 1200 public hospitals and 700 private hospitals. Besides these hospitals, there are also small Medical Clinics plus Maternity & Child Health Centers in different areas of Pakistan. The fees of public hospitals are marginal and affordable for all. However, private hospitals are expensive. All the doctors who are providing their services are certified and they all have a legal licence from Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PMDC) to practice this profession.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, hospitals in Pakistan take all the necessary measures and tackle the pandemic very effectively. The sections below show list of some of the hospitals by administrative region of Pakistan with links to notable hospitals that have articles in Wikipedia.
Punjab is the most populated and industrialised province of Pakistan. It has almost 58 cities. Some of the most notable public and private hospitals in a few cities of Punjab are mentioned below.
The following are some of the hospitals in Lahore:
- Doctors Hospital
- Lahore General Hospital
- Jinnah Hospital
- Mayo Hospital
- Shaikh Zayed Hospital
- Shaukat Khanum Memorial Hospital
- Sir Ganga Ram Hospital
The following are some of the hospitals in Rawalpindi, Pakistan:
- Armed Forces Institute of Cardiology
- Armed Forces Institute of Pathology (Pakistan)
- Benazir Bhutto Hospital
- Combined Military Hospital Rawalpindi
- Military Hospital Rawalpindi
- Rawalpindi Institute of Cardiology
- St Joseph's Hospice, Rawalpindi
The following are some of the hospitals in Multan, Pakistan:
- Children Hospital Multan
- Multan Institute of Cardiology
- Nishtar Hospital
- Railway Hospital Multan
- Women's Christian Hospital, Multan
The following are some of the public and private hospitals in Faisalabad, Pakistan:
- Bahawal Victoria Hospital, Bahawalpur
- Bethania Hospital Sialkot
- Fazl-e-Omar Hospital
- Recep Tayyip Erdoğan Hospital, Muzaffargarh
- Shilokh Mission Hospital
Sindh is the second-most populous province of Pakistan. Karachi is the main city of this province. It has many public and private hospitals that are providing medical services to the people of Sindh.
The following are some of the public and private hospitals in Karachi, Pakistan:
- Abbassi Shaheed Hospital
- Aga Khan Hospital
- Aga Khan University Hospital
- Burhani Hospital
- Dr. Ruth K.M. Pfau, Civil Hospital Karachi
- Dr. Ziauddin Hospital
- Health Oriented Preventive Education
- Holy Family Hospital, Karachi
- Liaquat National Hospital
- Marie Adelaide Leprosy Centre, Karachi
- PNS Rahat
- PNS Shifa
- Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre (JPMC)
- National Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases (NICVD)
- Sindh Institute of Urology and Transplantation (SIUT)
- Karachi Institute of Radiotherapy and Nuclear Medicine
- Sindh Institute of Skin Diseases
- Indus Hospital
- Abbasi Shaheed Hospital
- Saifee Hospital, Karachi
The following are some of the public and private hospitals in Hyderabad, Pakistan:
- Liaquat University Hospital
- The Aga Khan Maternal and Child Care Centre
- St. Elizabeth’s Hospital, Hyderabad
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa also known as KPK has well-developed hospitals, including the following.
Peshawar has the following notable hospitals.
- Hayatabad Medical Complex
- Khyber Teaching Hospital
- Lady Reading Hospital
- Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital & Research Centre
- Ayub Teaching Hospital
- Institute of Nuclear Medicine, Oncology and Radiotherapy
- Institute of Radiotherapy and Nuclear Medicine
- Miangul Abdul Haq Jahanzeb Kidney Hospital
- Saidu Teaching Hospital
Balochistan is the fourth most populous province of Pakistan. Hospitals in Balochistan include those listed below by city:
Following are some of the hospitals located in Quetta:
The following hospital is located in Gilgit-Baltistan:
Islamabad Capital Territory
The following hospitals are located in the Islamabad Capital Territory:
- National Institute of Health (Pakistan)
- Nuclear Medicine, Oncology and Radiotherapy Institute
- Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences
- Shifa International Hospital
- Quaid-e-Azam International Hospital
Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK)
- "Healthcare Resource Guide: Pakistan". 2016.export.gov (A United States export website). Retrieved 29 April 2021.
- "Hospitals/Dispensaries and Beds by Province (Progressive)" (PDF). Pakistan Bureau of Statistics.
- "Combating COVID 19 in a public sector hospital in Pakistan". Annals of Medicine and Surgery. 60: 372–379. 1 December 2020. doi:10.1016/j.amsu.2020.10.041. ISSN 2049-0801. PMC 7577919. PMID 33106759.
- KARACHI: Govt may allow private units to treat trauma cases Dawn (newspaper), Published 22 September 2004, Retrieved 29 April 2021
- Yumna Rafi (7 October 2015). "Meet the hidden angels of Jinnah Hospital". Dawn (newspaper). Retrieved 23 August 2020.
- Nizamuddin Siddiqui. "KARACHI: Unit for children at SIUT set up". Dawn (newspaper). Archived from the original on 29 September 2004. Retrieved 23 August 2020.
- DHQ Hospital at Gilgit Dawn (newspaper), Published 15 October 2008, Retrieved 29 April 2021
- Mohammad Asghar, Munawar Azeem and Kashif Abbasi (9 June 2020). "Citizens reluctant to get tested for Covid-19 even for free". Dawn (newspaper). Retrieved 29 April 2021.