List of hospitals in New York City
This is a list of hospitals in New York City, sorted by hospital name, with addresses and a brief description of their formation and development. Hospital names were obtained from these sources. A list of hospitals in New York State is also available.
This section needs additional citations for verification. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Includes former names of hospitals
- Arthur C. Logan Memorial Hospital
- Emanuel Unity Hospital
- James Ewing Hospital
- Misericordia Hospital, 531 East 86th Street, Manhattan, and 600 East 233rd Street, the Bronx. Opened on Staten Island in 1887, moved to 531 East 86th Street in Manhattan in 1889, moved 600 East 233rd Street in the Bronx in 1958, renamed Our Lady of Mercy Hospital in 1985, acquired by Montefiore Medical Center in 2008 and renamed as their North Division, then renamed the Wakefield Division of Montefiore.
- Northwestern Dispensary
- Tonsil Hospital
- Western Dispensary for Women and Children
- Richmond, Rev. J.F. (1872). New York and Its Institutions (1609-1873). New York, N.Y.: E.B. Treat. p. 480.
- Standing Committee on Hospitals (January 1, 1908). New Hospitals Needed in Greater New York - Recommendations by the Standing Committee on Hospitals of the State Charities Aid Association with a Report on Present Conditions and Future Needs. Albany, N.Y.: State Charities Aid Association of New York. pp. 79–82. Retrieved 4 October 2015.
- The Medical Directory of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut, 1909: volume 11. New York, N.Y.: Medical Society of the State of New York. 1909. pp. 705–724. Retrieved 28 September 2015.
- Documents of the Senate of the State of New York, 137th Session, 1914 (vol. 23, no. 57, part 3 ed.). Albany, N.Y. 1914. pp. 226–229, 281–299, 369, 476–512, 616–620, 648–649. Retrieved 28 September 2015.
- Walsh, James J. (1919). History of Medicine in New York - Three Centuries of Medical Progress. New York, N.Y.: National Americana Society. Retrieved 4 October 2015.
- "Approved Hospitals in This Area". New York Times. October 17, 1939. p. 22. Retrieved 7 October 2015.
- "Hospitals in New York State - Profiles". health.ny.gov. New York State Department of Health. Retrieved 7 October 2015.
- Directory of Activities of Public and Private Welfare Agencies (2 (revised January 1, 1921) ed.). City of New York Department of Public Welfare. September 29, 1920. Retrieved 11 October 2015.
- "62 Hospitals Win City Endorsement - Ony 7 Others in Proprietary Group Fail to Meet New Set of Standards - They, Too, Will Comply - Failure to Do So Would Mean Loss of Their Licenses, Dr. Goldwater Says". New York Times. September 30, 1936. p. 21. Retrieved 16 October 2015.
- "Hospitals Approved by Surgeons". New York Times. February 1, 1946. p. 17. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "New Misericordia Planned in Bronx". New York Times. January 28, 1955. p. 21. Retrieved September 6, 2018.
- Documents of the Senate of the State of New York (1914), pp. 488-489.
Media related to Hospitals in New York City at Wikimedia Commons