List of hospitals in Tanzania
Tanzania is the most populous and vast country in East Africa with a population of 50.1 million people according to the 2017 Projections by the National Bureau of Statistics National Census of 2012. It is a sparsely populated country with a geographically wide distribution of settlements hence presenting a challenge regarding access to hospitals. With its population and an area of 940,000km2, its population density varies from 12 people per km2 in Lindi to 3,133 people per km2 in Dar es salaam.. There are 26 administrative regions in the country and the list of hospitals will be arranged by regions.
The healthcare system is arranged in a hierarchical structure and the administrative structure is related to the running of the equivalent level of the health facility and where the first line health facility is the dispensary to be built in every village and health center to be built in every ward as is written in The Primary Health Care Development Program (2007–2017). Higher up in the ranking are the district hospitals, regional referral hospitals, zonal referral hospitals and national hospitals. There are some specialized hospitals e.g. the Ocean Road Cancer Institute and Mirembe Psychiatric Hospital.
Of the 269 hospitals in the country, 120 are public under the Ministry of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children, the military and parastatal organisations. The remaining 149 are privately owned either by faith-based organisations, private-for-profit or non-governmental organisations.
This is a list of hospitals in Tanzania.
|Facility Name||Common Name||District||Council||Ward||Village/Street||Facility Type||Operating Status||Ownership||Latitude||Longitude|
|AICC||AICC||Arusha||Arusha CC||Sekei||Mahakama||Hospital||Operating||Public – Parastatal||-3.37481||36.69946|
|Meru||Meru||Arumeru||Meru DC||Akheri||Patandi||Hospital - District Hospital||Operating||Public||-3.3706||36.78684|
|Monduli||Monduli||Monduli||Monduli DC||Monduli Mjini||Monduli||Hospital - District Hospital||Operating||Public – LGA||-3.2907||36.4445|
|Mt. Meru||Mt. Meru||Arusha||Arusha CC||Sekei||Naura||Hospital - Regional Referral Hospital||Operating||Public - LGA||-3.36642||36.69498|
|EOltrument||Ekenywa Hospital||Arusha||Arusha DC||Oltrumet||Ekenywa||Hospital - District Hospital||Operating||Public||Example-3.30344||6.60487|
Arusha Lutheran Medical Center// Arusha DC//Levorosi// Operating// Private
NSK Hospital Limited//Arusha//UngaLimited//Operating//Private
- Bugando Hospital - Mwanza
- Sekou Toure Hospital - Mwanza
- Aga Khan Hospital - Mwanza
- Biharamulo Designated District Hospital - Biharamulo
- Sengerema Designated District Hospital - Sengerema
Dar es Salaam Region
- Muhimbili Hospital
- Rabininsia Memorial Hospital-Super Specialized Hospital
- Regency Medical Center
- AAR Hospital
- Aga Khan Hospital
- SANITAS Hospital
- IMTU Hospital
- Tanzania Heart Institute
- Temeke Hospital
- Mwananyamala Hospital
- Ocean Road Hospital
- Lugalo Military Hospital
- Amana Regional Referral Hospital-Dar es salaam
- AMI Hospital
- Regions Hospital
- Kairuki Medical Center
- TMJ Medical Center
- Mikumi dar Hospital
- Hindu Mandal Hospital
- Sali International Hospital
- London Health Centre
- Kilimanjaro Christian Medical Centre - Referral Hospital
- Mawenzi Hospital - Government Hospital
- St. Joseph Hospital
- Kilimanjaro First Health Hospital
- Jeffery Charitable Hospital
- Kilimanjaro Hospital
- Huruma Hospital - Mkuu Rombo
- Ngoyoni Hospital - owned by the Catholic Diocese of Moshi
- Kibong'oto Hospital - Siha
- Machame Hospital - Machame
- Kibosho Hospital - Kibosho
- Marangu Hospital (Kitemboni) - Marangu
- Kilema Hospital - Kilema
- Mbuya Hospital - Marangu
- St. Kizito Hospital, Mikumi
- Berega Mission Hospital
- Lugala Hospital - remote West of Ulanga District, 2 km from Malinyi village
- St. Francis Referral Hospital - located in Ifakara
- Bombo Regional Hospital - Tanga
- Pangani District Hospital
- Magunga District Hospital, Korogwe
- Lutindi Mental Hospital, Korogwe
- , more text.
- , more text.
- "Matema Lutheran Hospital". Matema Lutheran Hospital. Retrieved 2018-10-23.
- "Visitors guide and contact info". health.elct.org. Retrieved 2018-10-23.
- Dareda Hospital
- Xinhua (28 August 2017). "Tanzania builds modern hospital for tourists visiting Serengeti". Business Daily Africa Quoting Xinhua. Nairobi. Retrieved 28 August 2017.
- "St. Francis Referral Hospital - Ifakara". ifakara.org. Retrieved February 24, 2016.
- "St.Walburg's Hospital, Nyangao". Retrieved February 24, 2016.