List of indie game developers
|Part of a series on:|
|Video game industry|
This is a list of independent video game developers, individuals or teams which produce indie games but are not owned by or receive significant financial backing from a video game publisher. Independent developers, which can be single individuals, small groups, or large organizations, retain operational control over their organizations and processes. Some self-publish their own games while others work with publishers.
|Defunct and no longer active|
There are thousands of independent game development studios which either self-publish their titles, or enter into licensing or co-development agreements with publishers. This list is not intended to be exhaustive with respect to developers or their games, and includes only notable developers or developers with notable games.
- Webster, Andrew (June 23, 2012). "26 indie game developers you need to follow". GamesRadar. Future plc. Retrieved August 8, 2013.
- Campbell, Colin (December 18, 2012). "12 Top Indie Developers Talk Games". IGN. j2 Global. Retrieved August 8, 2013.
- Ligman, Kris (June 13, 2013). "Double Fine receives Indie Fund backing for two new titles". Gamasutra. UBM Tech. Retrieved November 14, 2013.
- "DataJack Windows game | Desura".
- Omri Petitte (March 14, 2013). "Underrail trailer shows a little bit of Fallout, Metro 2033, a whole bunch of awesome". PC Gamer. Retrieved August 30, 2014.
- Charla, Chris (February 27, 2014). "New Developers Sign On to ID@Xbox". Xbox Wire. Microsoft. Retrieved July 7, 2014.
- Indie DB, a comprehensive database of indie developers and titles.