List of institutions with Sanskrit mottos
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from List of institutions which have Sanskrit phrases as their mottoes)
- Republic of India: 'सत्यमेव जयते' Satyameva Jayate "Truth alone triumphs"
- Supreme Court of India: 'यतो धर्मस्ततो जयः' Yato Dharmas Tato Jayaḥ "Whence dharma, thence victory"
- Goa: 'सर्वे भद्राणि पश्यन्तु मा कश्चिद्दुःखभाग्भवेत्' Sarve Bhadrāni Paśyantu Mā Kaścid Duhkhabhāg bhavet "May all perceive good, may not anyone attain unhappiness"
- Life Insurance Corporation of India: 'योगक्षेमं वहाम्यहम्', Yogakshemam Vahāmyaham "I shall take care of welfare" (taken from the Bhagavad Gita)
- Indian Navy: 'शं नो वरुणः' Shanno Varuna "May Varuna be peaceful to us"
- Indian Air Force: 'नभःस्पृशं दीप्तम्' Nabhaḥ-Spṛśaṃ Dīptam "Touching the Sky with Glory" (from Bhagavad Gita: XI, Verse 24)
- Maharashtra Police: 'सद्रक्षणाय खलनिग्रहणाय' Sadrakshanaaya Khalanigrahanaaya "For protection of the good and control of the wicked"
- Indian Coast Guard: 'वयं रक्षामः' Vayam Rakshāmaha "We protect"
- All India Radio: 'बहुजनहिताय बहुजनसुखाय' Bahujana-hitāya bahujana-sukhāya "For the benefit of all, for the comfort of all"
- Rajputana Rifles: 'वीरभोग्या वसुन्धरा' Veerabhogya Vasundhara "The earth is fit to be ruled by the brave"
- India Meteorological Department: 'आदित्यात् जायते वृष्टिः' Adityat Jayate Vrishtihi "The Sun Gives Rainfall"
- Doordarshan: 'सत्यं शिवम सुंदरम' Satyam Shivam Sundaram "Truth is God and God is beautiful"
- Intelligence Bureau: 'जागृतं अहर्निशं' jagratam aharnisham "Wide awake day and night"
- Research and Analysis Wing: 'धर्मो रक्षति रक्षित:' dharmo rakhshati rakshtia "Dharma Protects those who protect the Dharma"
- Uttar Pradesh Police - Paritranaya sadhunam vinashaya cha dushkritam "For the upliftment of the good and virtuous, for the destruction of evil"
- Defense Research and Development Organisation: बलस्य मूलं विज्ञानम् : "Balasya Moolam Vigyanam": Meaning- "Knowledge is strength"
- Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode: Yogah Karmasu Kaushalam -- To do one's work skilfully is Yoga
- National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT): Vidyaya Amritamashnute -- Knowledge grants immortality
- Indian Institute of Management Bangalore: Tejasvi Navadheetamastu -- May the shining one (the Sun, metaphor for God) illumine our intelligence
- University of Delhi: Nishtha Dhriti Satyam -- Truth is borne by faith
- Aceh Province: 'पञ्चचित' - Pancacita "Five Goals"
- Bali Province: Bali Dvipa Jaya "Glorious Bali Island"
- Central Java Province: Prasetya Ulah Sakti Bhakti Praja "Promise to try hard and loyal to the nation
- Jakarta: Jaya Raya "Glorious and Great"
- Indonesian National Police: Rastra Sewakottama "People's Main Servants"
- Indonesian Military: Tri Dharma Eka Karma
- Indonesian Army: Kartika Eka Phaksi "Unmatchable Bird with Noble Goals"
- Indonesian Navy: Jalesveva Jayamahe "On the Sea We Are Glorious"
- Indonesian Air Force: Swabhuana Paksa "The Wings of the Motherland"
- Paskhas (Indonesian Air Force Special Forces): Karmanye Vadhikar aste Ma falesu Kadacana "You have a right to perform your prescribed duty, but you are not entitled to the fruits of action" (Bhagavad Gita, Chapter 2, Verse 47)
- Indonesian Marine Corps: Jalesu Bumyamcha Jayamahe "On the Sea and Land we are glorious"
- Military Academy ("Akmil"): "अधिकाऱ्या महत्व विर्य नगरभक्ति" - Adhitakarya Mahatvavirya Nagarabhakti (Hard-working Knights Serving Bravery as Nations Hero")
- Police Academy ("Akpol"): Dharma, Bijaksana, Kshatriya
- Indonesian Fire Brigade: Yudha Brama Jaya
- Army Staff and Command College ("Seskoad"): Viyata Vira Jati
- Army Officer Candidate School ("Secapa-ad"): Budi Bhakti Wira Utama
- Naval Academy ("A.A.L."): Hree Dharma Shanty ("Embarrassed for Doing The Defects")
- Naval Staff and Command College ("Sesko-al"): Dharma Wiratama
- Air Force Academy ("A.A.U."): Vidya Karma Vira Pakcha
- Air Force Doctrine Development, Education and Training Command ("Kodiklat-au"): Vidyasana Viveka Vardhana
- Police Knowledge College ("P.T.I.K."): Bhakti-Dharma-Waspada
- Institute of Domestic Governance ("I.P.D.N."): Among Praja Dharma Satya Nagari Bhakti
- Sebelas Maret University: Mangesthi Luhur Ambangun Nagara
- Ganesha University of Education: Dharmaning Sajjana Umerdhyaken Vidyaguna (mixture of Old Javanese and Sanskrit languages)
- Mahasaraswati University of Denpasar: Gonging Maha Pataka Muddha Hetu (mixture of Old Balinese and Sanskrit languages)
- Nepal: 'जननी जन्मभूमिश्च स्वर्गादपि गरीयसी' Janani Janmabhūmisca Svargādapi garīyasi "Mother and motherland are greater than heaven"
- Nepal Rastra Bank]:'तमसोमा ज्योतिर्गमय' Tamasoma Jyotirgamay "Darkness to light"