List of intelligence agencies of Germany
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Federal Intelligence Service (BND): Bundesnachrichtendienst, foreign intelligence
- Military Counter-intelligence Service (MAD): Militärischer Abschirmdienst, military intelligence
- Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution (BfV): Bundesamt für Verfassungsschutz, domestic intelligence
- State Offices for the Protection of the Constitution (LfV): Landesbehörden für Verfassungsschutz (exist in each of the 16 states, sometimes simply as a department within the respective Ministry of the Interior. See also Bundesamt für Verfassungsschutz, which coordinates their activities.)
- Strategic Surveillance Command (KSA): Kommando Strategische Aufklärung Military Sigint and Geospatial Intelligence
- Federal Office for InformationSecurity: Federal Office for Information Security Counterintelligence, Crypto
- Federal Criminal Police Office: Federal Criminal Police Office (Germany): Collects and analyzes criminal intelligence, investigates cases of terrorism or other areas of political motivated crime, as well as narcotics, weapons and financial/economical crime, protection of federal witnesses.
- Ministry for State Security (MfS): Ministerium für Staatssicherheit, also known as "Stasi". State security service of the German Democratic Republic.
- Secret State Police (Gestapo): Geheime Staatspolizei. Secret police of Nazi Germany and German-occupied Europe.
- Abteilung Fremde Heere Ost: . Military Intelligence of Nazi Germany
|This article about an organisation based in Germany is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|